When will you think it ends?

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • No

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I Dont Know?

Votes: 17 29.3%

• Total voters
In a long while. If it's lucky, it'll probably be like, say, Hello Kitty. 75 years, and McDonalds still has Hello Kitty keychains.

Anyway, it's technically an indespensible part of Japan. Even if Pokemon isn't around in America in about 20 years, it'll still be in Japan, because...They created it. So they did end up ruling the world, anyway. WWII was a waste. Awww. Maybe it's like Disneyland. "As long as there are new Nintendo products in the world, Pokemon will never be complete." Ha.

Zaroco said:
Yeh, MCD is right pokemon will eventually die out :(, just like Digimon (the first series of everything is always the best) And eventually everyone in this forum will grow older and say that pokemon is for kiddies when Pokemon Opal and Amthyst (guessing) come out. It's like a whole new cycle going over and over again.

I think Digimon "extinct" because it could not attract the little kid's attention as much as pokemon does. Pokemon is actually not meant for kiddies. It is meant for everybody, some people might or will say Pokemon is for kiddies, maybe because of its picture & other stuff. To me, I don't care about what other people say because playing pokemon is just a hobby. I've seen some parents actually "investing" in pokemon, support their children in playing pokemon & will get what ever cards their children wants. So, if you think pokemon is gonna "extinct" as well, then you should start thinking what would you play if pokemon ever "extinct". & if you think pokemon is for kiddies, then maybe you should go and play Yugioh or Magic The Gathering or something else that isn't for kiddies...

Wow, you've seen parents support their children in playing pokemon & will get what ever cards their children wants. I wish my parents were like that, to somewhat extent. I wasn't saying that pokemon is for kiddies but rather that's what happens over time, like how we grow old out of toys.

Zaroco said:
Wow, you've seen parents support their children in playing pokemon & will get what ever cards their children wants. I wish my parents were like that, to somewhat extent. I wasn't saying that pokemon is for kiddies but rather that's what happens over time, like how we grow old out of toys.

I wish my parents were like that too but oh well, what can I do... :)
I know you wasn't saying that pokemon is for kiddies only, I'm just typing/saying what I think about these people who says pokemon is for kiddies because I've encounter people who says pokemon is for kiddies. I want to answer them back with the opinion I posted here but I did not do so because I'm afraid it will cause an argument...

na i still think that they r gunna make a NEW GENERATION i mean we thought it ended when hoen was made but no

I think because of the money they make it won't end untill maybe a 6th or 7th Generation

As Dark charizard said,I actually thought it had ended at johto.But then I saw fridge magnets with a-wailmer?! and then I found a pokemon at that time by the name of mitsuhoney(Combee) and I realise they'll keep making it...

see i am a genius that y i got lvl 5's in SAT's ( yr 6 ) which i did in march.
I love myself!!!!!!!!
Sorry for being off topic

Jigglypuff13 said:
Diamond and Pearl will not be the last Pokémon games.
As people have said, as long as Nintendo/Gamefreak keep making money from Pokémon, then they won't stop. However, the imagination of the game designers is also a limiting factor in how long Pokémon lives for. If they run out of ideas soon, then there won't be too many more Pokémon games. If they still have bucket loads of ideas left, then Pokémon will continue strongly for a while.
Also, if anyone is interested, someone put a thread up here with the theory of having 1000 Pokémon made, then having Pokémon stop.

Ideas? They dont need ideas they can start to make sequels offthe spinoffs and then from thatmix the region of the spinoffs with the original games. and then comes the remakes. then they make another generation then spinff from that. and then the sequels of the spinoffs they used to have (MD trozei puzzle leage etc).

I believe pokemon will stay strong for still a long time. They will eventually run out of ideas and do re dos like Fire Red and have different game ideas like MD. As far as im concerned, we don't have to worry about pokemon colapsing under or feet

Pokemon is not the longest running Japanese Anime.
Shin Chan is, man that anime has over 2000 episodes and 13 movies.
Pokemon will end when Ash catches all the Pokemon and Becomes Champion.
(which will never happen due to the fact new pokemon are always being discovered)

homeofmew said:
Pokemon is not the longest running Japanese Anime.
Shin Chan is, man that anime has over 2000 episodes and 13 movies.
Pokemon will end when Ash catches all the Pokemon and Becomes Champion.
(which will never happen due to the fact new pokemon are always being discovered)

shin chan have ver bad animation and it is r rated too :(

thats not my point i am just saying there are precedents for very long running anime, Inuyasha and Full Metal Alchemist are other examples, however they are not as long as pokemon is by a long shot.

I think that it will end in the next generation. I think that this game wasn't the end of it.

It will end when Ash marries someone (not May or Misty, I don't think that will happen), but they will continue with a side series involving them and the rest of thier lives

Less than half of Japan has been covered by all of the Pokemon regions, so far, and the Anime makes references to "the whole world." By the time the whole world is covered, people will have created colonies on Mars, and the Pokemon franchise will make new regions based on Mars. Everyone should type using good grammar, capitalization, and spelling.

It will not end any time soon because Pokemon 11 is on the way and the Pokemon that just came out still have some work left on the. Like Manaphy and Skarmory and Haracross. They don't have pre-evolutions or evolutions yet Also there is still room on Wobbuffet and Sudowoodo. 1 stage each. I think there will be a 5th generation and I have had the feeling since we started hearing about the 4th generation. Also there is still 1 stage left on lucario too.:)

Back