When Do You Think Pokemon TCG Will Stop Being Printed on Paper?

Easy Answer, cards end when hologram technology is good enough to virtually buy hologram cards.
THE FUTURE IS COMING! NANOBOTS ARE REAL!
KOJIMA IS A PROPHET!!

Hopefully not until every Gen 1 Pokemon that can get a full art gets a full art.(Including Zapdos and Moltres).

In other words as long as they keep releasing full arts, in the fashion they are now. I won't be collecting the cards anymore if they quit making full arts. Or if they switch to digital.

Paper is far too cheap and abundant a resource to switch from any time soon. If they ever do go paperless it would be probably go fully digital which would be sad (for the multiple reasons already pointed out).

As someone who enjoys collecting Pokemon cards, I wouldn't really like the idea of them going full digital. It just wouldn't feel the same having them on the computer. Can you imagine if someone who's collecting them forgets there password haha, that would suck.

Yeah, and how many people around the world have forgotten their passwords at least once in their life, probably more? That's just one of the reasons it would suck. Sure, my place of residence could burn down and I could lose the physical card (along with a host of other stuff) but in that instance I think I'd have a bit more to worry about for a while.

As some of us have said before, it just wouldn''t really be the same digital. Not from a collecting standpoint and certainly not from a playing standpoint. I think one of the reasons I don't do much with the Pokemon OCG is because to me it's just doesn't mean as much to open up a virtual booster pack and get (for example) a Primal Groudon EX and have it chill online compared to opening a real booster pack and getting a Primal Groudon EX (with reverse holo Groudon spirit link, which happened to me already and is another effect that would be lost upon digitilization) and then knowing that I can either put them in a binder, put them in a deck, or maybe just leave them sitting in a hard case on display somewhere in my place.

If TPCi stops printing cards, they will lose all those sales. I think online sales are a small market compared to physical cards. Physical cards may cost more to produce, but they are so much more valuable. TPCi can print a limited edition set to hand out as rewards and say they are worth $200. The cards would sell on eBay for that or more. TPCi would have profit on the difference between cost and stated value. Would anyone pay $200 for a digital card? Are there any digital collectors?

They will stop printing cards the day Pokemon stops selling. Pokemon X & Y as of November had sales of 12 million units. If the standard price of a cartridge is $40, that would have sales of $480 million or almost 1/2 billion dollars. Don't worry Pokemon and cards will be around for a very long time.

If they go fully digital then the people who do not have a computer or PC will not be able to play the TCG game at all. The TCG card packs are inexpensive everywhere and you can get roughly 5 packs of cards for less than $20,00. You can also get a box for that price and get promo cards as well.:)

As long as people are buying cards pokemon will continue to print on paper. Pokemon wont go to only digital because they would lose the value of a card game. People play a card game so they can interact with other people and compete, taking that away would cause an incredible decrease in sales.

Se the interaction with people is disappearing because of the now digital world. Before smartphones we had more interaction.. The digital word does not cut it over the natural world. People think digital saves money and is easier. It is not for all people though. It is better to go natural VS digital.:)

I don't think cards being printed on paper is going to go anytime soon. Once digital platform becomes a stable area, a transition might be made, but we won't see a complete change over for a good few years. And I mean in a quite a few years.

I personally see more value in having the cards in my hands than in front of a screen. The actual value of the card just doesn't seem to be there when you're staring at it in a virtual program.

Back