What's Your Plan For Your Sun & Moon Journey?

My journey from the official reveal of Sun/Moon to getting my hands on the games and playing them, are:

1. I'm a spoiler kind of guy, so I don't mind spoilers of any kind at all! It's half the excitement getting new Pokémon reveals.
2. Hopefully I can get the games as soon as possible after the official release.
3. Will watch LPs by a couple of my favourite Pokémon Youtubers.
4. Using Pokémon from earlier Gens are OK, especially since Lucario, Zoroark and Gardevoir are my favourites.
5. Don't mind using Event or Legendary Pokémon on my first journey. (for example, I used Diancie and Lati@s on ORAS! :D)
6. I want finish E4 as soon as possible so I can dive into my favourite pastime, collecting every available Pokémon. Which includes trading with other players.
7. If possible getting an S/M guide book.
8. I'll get as many Event Pokémon as possible (hopefully this time it won't be so many Serial Code Events, but that's probably a given...)
9. Hopefully completing the Pokédex (haven't been able to yet, ever since the beginning).
10. Maybe trying to catch Shinies.

(100. Finally, in the end; Dreaming about the next game(s)!!! Yeah, I'm a dreamer... :p)

7. If possible getting an S/M guide book.

There's a reason why guide books aren't popular anymore. You can learn more on the internet for free than you ever can from a $10 book. There's no real reason to own a guidebook anymore other than collection purposes I guess, I would save your money.

S/M is every bit as exciting as XY when it was first revealed back in 2013!

I'll definitely tune in to spoilers (Coro-Coro leaks) and bask in its glory just to tide my hype throughout the year assuming that S/M will be released in late 2016. I will also participate in speculations discussions.

As for my journey in the game itself, I will try not to rush the game and will ease myself into it unlike what I did in XY/ORAS. I got too excited that I finished each game in under 2 days.

My Pokemon team will consist of new Pokemon. After all these years, I've grown tired of the old ones, tbh. I need something refreshing and new!

I will catch 'em all like what I did in XY (bar the unobtainables without hacking).

There's a reason why guide books aren't popular anymore. You can learn more on the internet for free than you ever can from a $10 book. There's no real reason to own a guidebook anymore other than collection purposes I guess, I would save your money.

Yes, I know that guide books don't sell that much, but hey, I'm old-fashioned, so if I get one I'll be happy. Besides I like reading books! :cool:

The reason is that, well, I don't have constant access to internet. I don't have any internet connection at home, and I never use internet on my mobile phone, partially because I don't like it, and partially because it gets expensive after a while.

I'm planning on pre-ordering Sun most likely, but I'm waiting until each store announces their pre-order bonuses until I actually choose where I'm going to pre-order. I'm not missing out on something awesome like I did for B/W and OR/AS.

- Yes, I'm still going to be spoiled by CoroCoro, there's pretty much no avoiding it.
- I'll plan my team accordingly based on what starter I like the most and what Pokemon are available.
- Go through the main story gradually. I want to enjoy it and not feel rushed.
- After beating the game, I'll do what I always do: Go on a massive catching, evolving, trading and egg hatching spree to complete the Pokedex!

Last edited:
I plan to use Moon as my competitive copy and I'll play through it as a vanilla playthrough.

I do plan to buy Sun as well, and that copy will be played through as a Nuzlocke. (Not sure if it'll be a Nuzlocke or something like a Wedlocke or Wonderlocke.)

I'm going in head-first, (figurative) guns blazing.

Using Moon Version as of now (I usually pick the "2nd" version although I picked Diamond and X)

Like I did for X, I will use an all-new Pokemon team with (if desired) all different types.

I will try to take my time, but I might rush through some of the beginning story just to encounter new Pokemon faster.

I will play while being on Discord chats with friends and hopefully everyone gets it at the same time and get hyped.

My plan for SM:
1) Currently I'm attempting a Living Dex so I can transfer all the pokemon to SM, complete the Nat dex, and get the shiny charm (assuming it will have that feature, if not I don't really mind)
2) I will be buying both, just gonna wait for some hot preorder bonuses to be announced (I still remember the "guidebook" you got for preordering the first Mystery Dungeon games, and who can forget the wicked figurines for Platinum and HGSS?)
3) Play through one of them, use the other for competitive play (reset for shiny's, etc.) It all depends on which version is better suited for comp play.
4) Will name my team the usual (Finn, Blaine, Percy, Rachel, Annabeth, Piper) and more than likely not catch any other pokemon except for legendaries.
5) Shiny Hunt like crazy
I personally don't mind spoilers. As much as I miss the days of when DPP came out and playing through the game with my cousin was an actual adventure, I play TCG so most sites for TCG will spoil SM.

Back