What's happened to the deck garage...?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Team Rocket Member for crazy ideas...!
Ok, this might be off-topic and stuff like that, but what's happening to the deck garage guys...?! I see more and more, and more, and more threads like ''hey, I need a deck list for so-and-so, could you please post it here?''

what's up with that sh...? either

a) Look for one if you're not too lazy! most of the deck type(s) are already discussed once or more on these threads, you just need to look through a few pages...

b) Go creative and build one your own, and post it here! the deck garage is here for you to be HELPED with a deck, not to be given one...! You can easily take someone's decklist, throw out what you think that should be out, and throw in what you want to have in! post that new list of yours, and we will help.

seriously, I'm getting sick of looking into threads that say ''hey, can you help me with so-and-so?'' and when I look inside, all that's standing inside is like ''I need a decklist for it, can anyone post one here?'' Please look for it yourself! And don't fill that thread with posts like ''oh come on, there got to be a list!'' and stuff like ''it's like this-and-this, so please post a list here!'' The reason why no people post in your thread is because you're just too lazy to look around and search it for yourself. I once remebered myself a thread that asked for a decklist, while there were like TWO OTHER THREADS that had a deck(list) where this guy was looking for...! We are here to HELP you guys, not to give things away... creativity is rewarded, but beggars should just...!

So please people, if you post here, please add a decklist, and don't beg for lists, OK?!! We're here to help decklists, not to create them...!

Yes. I fully agree with you. People are joining Pokébeach just to netdeck or get good lists. These are one of the people I hate the most. WPM, if you are looking at this, please, we beg, create some kind of rule to stop people from posting threads like those. Close/Delete threads like those from now on, please.

And also, there are people that simply don't know HOW to build a deck. I know, these people are newbies, but they could, at least, look at the "Important Threads" here. Not just post that newborn theme deck lists.

I just can't stand the fact that there are so many n00bs that ddare to ask for a decklist "can you give me a decklist?" or "could you give me the best deck ever for blazziken?". These people should be banned for good, in my oppinion.

I completely agree.

Netdecking does nothing for your image, as it simply shows you don't have the skill to build your own deck.

It also shows laziness to a massive extent, like already stated. I really do get annoyed when people ask for deck lists for archetypes when there is numerous threads throughout the forum about them. Search for them yourselves instead of being lazy, and i've already labelled numerous members in my head as "lazy" because of this.

All members are free to report threads or PM me individually if they see threads which appear asking for decklists, etc and I will deal with them personally and as fast as I can.

Lord9511 Vrote:

Yes. I fully agree with you. People are joining Pokébeach just to netdeck or get good lists. These are one of the people I hate the most. WPM, if you are looking at this, please, we beg, create some kind of rule to stop people from posting threads like those. Close/Delete threads like those from now on, please.

And also, there are people that simply don't know HOW to build a deck. I know, these people are newbies, but they could, at least, look at the "Important Threads" here. Not just post that newborn theme deck lists.

I just can't stand the fact that there are so many n00bs that ddare to ask for a decklist "can you give me a decklist?" or "could you give me the best deck ever for blazziken?". These people should be banned for good, in my oppinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah i completly aggre with this and i cant carry peoples who post 2 thrad with same content.

I hope someone will do something about that- always people comes with '' strategy which already exist cuse they dont take a look on threads.

I also agree. Maybe they do it because they make a deck, and it can't win, so they want someone else to make a killer deck for them. What happened to "Trial and Error" people?

My fellow pokébeach companions, I'm very grateful for your support! I must agree with you that there should be a rule of some sort, in order to prevent these threads. With all respects to the newbies, I HATE n00bs who post threads as such. to all the newbies on pokébeach.com:

please when you post a question here for a deck, and/or when you have no idea what kind of deck you want to play, keep these in mind:

a) LOOK around first! maybe you'll get an idea of what to post! it also proves that you're new, and not LAZY, like some n00bs...!

b) NEVER BEG FOR DECKLISTS AND SUCH, post your own, and we'll fix it! also, a ''non-completed decklist'' is fine too, we can help you complete it!;) Just keep in mind that a deck list like ''I run a 3-2-3 Blaziken line'' is NOT a decklist, really post something that looks like a deck, or that is on it's way to become a deck. we gladly help!:D

c) Don't fill empty threads like ''I need a good decklist for so-and-so'' with posts like ''Come on, there should be one, right?'' and stuff like that. it proves you are LAZY, and no one will be glad to help you. Creativity is rewarded you know! Oh, and you dhould never revive a dead topic, if no one posts in it anymore, it means propably that the problem is solved.

d) Also remember we HELP. our suggestions are no guarantee for absolute winning. No deck is perfect, and always follow your own idea's, if you adapt your deck in a manner of which you are not comfortable with, don't do it. You need to play with the deck, not the other person. Also, you might even change it differently from the advice, but you were given the ide aby our advice(s), and maybe our advice(s) can inspire you to make a totally new deck!

e) Have fun here, and don't insult other people for their suggestions, even if you think they are useless. We all try to help on our own way! even if you'r enew, you can always try to help someone else! the mor eyou help others, the easier you can expect help back!:D

well, that's the basics... I guess the golden rule is to have fun here, so that should cover it! But once again, pleas estop postign threads like ''I need a deck for so-and-so'', since that's just annoying, and not the meaning of the deck garage!

Thanks for all your attention!

Yep, acctually I mentioned about this to WPM long time ago. However, the rules are still need to be decided and confirmed with WPM, but not your own. Currently WPM is busying with events in the worlds, so please kindly give him some time.;)

I am gonna move it to Site Discussion anyway. Moved.

RE:  What's happened to the deck garage...?!

Charizard said:
Yep, acctually I mentioned about this to WPM long time ago. However, the rules are still need to be decided and confirmed with WPM, but not your own. Currently WPM is busying with events in the worlds, so please kindly give him some time.;)

I am gonna move it to Site Discussion anyway. Moved.

Oh, sorry for posting it in the wrong thread anyway!:D I was just getting a bit sick of all those useless threads... and trying newbie sof course!

To all newbies:

Remember we are here to help. Don't be afraid of asking, as we'll always hear your oppinnion.

Lord9511 said:

It's not that I think that just asking for a decklist is a good thing, but thinking that people who do ask should be banned for good is just as ridiculous. Do you mean to tell me that you've never in your history of playing the game used a deck created by someone else (or a variation of one)? If so, then you should be banned by your own rule. I'd rather there be a rule that anyone who calls people "n00bs" seriously should be slapped in the face, because everyone was once one, including you.

RE:   What's happened to the deck garage...?!

AuhsojSivart said:
It's not that I think that just asking for a decklist is a good thing, but thinking that people who do ask should be banned for good is just as ridiculous. Do you mean to tell me that you've never in your history of playing the game used a deck created by someone else (or a variation of one)? If so, then you should be banned by your own rule. I'd rather there be a rule that anyone who calls people "n00bs" seriously should be slapped in the face, because everyone was once one, including you.

I'm not suggesting to ban people for good by that, I'm stating that people should not ask for a decklist, unless they've made one!:D In my vision, we help by improving a decklist, or atleast to try to. I'm stating that people should stop asking for a complete decklist, and should atleast try to make one by theirself! And yes, I can say that I never used a complete dceklist made by someone else, but I indeed used some suggestions. And I think there is a difference between a ''n00b'' and a ''newb''.

n00b: A beggar, only wants to profit from others, and too lazy to do things of their own.

newb: a newcomer, not yet knowing what to do. asks for help, because he doesn't know what he should. but is certainly NOT too lazy to make their own decklist!

of course, with all respect, this is only MY vision, every one has their own vision!:D

James said:
Ok, this might be off-topic and stuff like that, but what's happening to the deck garage guys...?! I see more and more, and more, and more threads like ''hey, I need a deck list for so-and-so, could you please post it here?''

what's up with that sh...? either

a) Look for one if you're not too lazy! most of the deck type(s) are already discussed once or more on these threads, you just need to look through a few pages...

b) Go creative and build one your own, and post it here! the deck garage is here for you to be HELPED with a deck, not to be given one...! You can easily take someone's decklist, throw out what you think that should be out, and throw in what you want to have in! post that new list of yours, and we will help.

seriously, I'm getting sick of looking into threads that say ''hey, can you help me with so-and-so?'' and when I look inside, all that's standing inside is like ''I need a decklist for it, can anyone post one here?'' Please look for it yourself! And don't fill that thread with posts like ''oh come on, there got to be a list!'' and stuff like ''it's like this-and-this, so please post a list here!'' The reason why no people post in your thread is because you're just too lazy to look around and search it for yourself. I once remebered myself a thread that asked for a decklist, while there were like TWO OTHER THREADS that had a deck(list) where this guy was looking for...! We are here to HELP you guys, not to give things away... creativity is rewarded, but beggars should just...!

So please people, if you post here, please add a decklist, and don't beg for lists, OK?!! We're here to help decklists, not to create them...!

To tell you, James, this is one of the best Topic I've ever seen. And, yes, I have to agree 100% with your thoughts. I think about 50% or more of the Threads in the Deck Garage will have most of the same Sentence. "Could someone put up a list for *deck name*?" Seriously, I think those people have no Creativity at all. The best part about this amazing game is about the deck making. I mean, who hates creating their own combos, determine the cards and the amount of cards needed and so.

Next is that we, other members including Moderators and strategists have to actually waste about 5-20 minutes, thinking of a PERFECT and good deck to meet a person's standards. WE have to post our decks while watching the people picking the desired deck while rejecting the rest. Then, he or she will make his or her own deck, copying and extratcing MOST parts of the deck forming a similar deck.

I'm sure that we don't mind typing 1 or 5 sentences to modify your deck, or write a new list only changing parts of the deck, while keeping the original deck there. To me, It's WAY unfair for us. See, we think of the decks, and you just get the cards you need and follow the decklist given.

For example, let's take GODZILLA's Tyranical Power deck. It started with a just average deck that is powerful enough to meet the standards of the Meta-Game. Then, with the help of over a hundred members and over 100 posts, GODZILLA's deck went from about 60/100 to 90/100. It has been focused to be good and effective in all aspects in the deck. Defense was focused, offense was tightened, speed was increased, along with other aspects.

If the people are reading this, I just want to say, just try and have a go at making a deck. It's okay if it is wrong or unsuitable, members with or without experience can help, a least a bit. That's al I can comment here. Truely, I'm quite disappointed with this problem and laziness being together with the members.

~ ArmaldoEX

RE:  What's happened to the deck garage...?!

armaldoEX said:
To tell you, James, this is one of the best Topic I've ever seen. And, yes, I have to agree 100% with your thoughts. I think about 50% or more of the Threads in the Deck Garage will have most of the same Sentence. "Could someone put up a list for *deck name*?" Seriously, I think those people have no Creativity at all. The best part about this amazing game is about the deck making. I mean, who hates creating their own combos, determine the cards and the amount of cards needed and so.

Next is that we, other members including Moderators and strategists have to actually waste about 5-20 minutes, thinking of a PERFECT and good deck to meet a person's standards. WE have to post our decks while watching the people picking the desired deck while rejecting the rest. Then, he or she will make his or her own deck, copying and extratcing MOST parts of the deck forming a similar deck.

I'm sure that we don't mind typing 1 or 5 sentences to modify your deck, or write a new list only changing parts of the deck, while keeping the original deck there. To me, It's WAY unfair for us. See, we think of the decks, and you just get the cards you need and follow the decklist given.

For example, let's take GODZILLA's Tyranical Power deck. It started with a just average deck that is powerful enough to meet the standards of the Meta-Game. Then, with the help of over a hundred members and over 100 posts, GODZILLA's deck went from about 60/100 to 90/100. It has been focused to be good and effective in all aspects in the deck. Defense was focused, offense was tightened, speed was increased, along with other aspects.

If the people are reading this, I just want to say, just try and have a go at making a deck. It's okay if it is wrong or unsuitable, members with or without experience can help, a least a bit. That's al I can comment here. Truely, I'm quite disappointed with this problem and laziness being together with the members.

~ ArmaldoEX

Yes, thank you for your support! Indeed, we put quite some effort in some decks, and other people are just too lazy to make a deck theirselves... They should just atleast TRY to make a deck themselves, there is no downside on making your own deck!:D you might even learn while you are building your own deck! And don't be afraid to post your decklist on pokébeach, we'll help everyone! creativity is rewarded, but lazyness should just go out and try more in my opinion... Like armaldoEX said, inventing your own combo's are nice, and way better than just ripping them off other people... but asking help with a combo is perfectly fine of course!

AuhsojSivart said:
If I ever see a breakdown of the different ways to call someone a n00b again, I will shoot myself in the head.

well, that's up to you. the only thing I'm stating is taht not everyone are n00bs in my eyes. in my vocabulairy the definition ''n00b'' means a stupid newcomer who's behaving inproperly. and ''newb'' is for me just a person who's new, but seems to fit in nice with every one else. Now you can shoot yourself if you want too, I just don't advice it!;)

James said:
And don't be afraid to post your decklist on pokébeach
Why shouldn't we be afraid? I am not afraid of posting my decks on the internet because of opinions, I don't post my decks because I don't trust people for the very reason of this thread. There are lazy people out there who purposely look on the net for winning decks and i'd rather test out all the combos myself in private instead of giving away my entire deck to the public for it to be stolen and claimed as theirs. It has happened to me before and I have no doubts that it has happened here hundreds of times. I have nothing against other members posting their decks if they really do need help in it, but I simply don't trust some people on this forum to have access to that kind of information about my decks. There is 1 or 2 forums which I can trust that my deck will be helped critically and be safe instead of simple 1 sentence replies which I see here every single day, how does that help alot? It doesn't IMO...

If you ask me, the whole Deck Garage's standard has dropped in "helping" standards, but maybe i'm judging too harshly...

Oh man said it! I am so tired of going to a tournament and seeing the 2-3 same decks being played, there is a good reason there are so many cards and that's to be creative! Stop copying decks it makes the deck boring and stop asking for us to make you a deck because then I might as well hand over mine!

I agree with you, it's good that now there's a rule to prevent decklist-asking threads and that maybe because of all your efforts to stop this

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back