what's an egg lock?!

aishen

Look who's back!
i've been hearing egg lock these days but have no time to actually think whats with the strategy. what i know is that its about exxegutor .. but i really dont know what else. looks like a fun deck though. anyone who knows the strategy and generic build?! if yes it will be a big help to me. thanks!

edit: i think it also needs giratina, the one with let loose and a smeargle from UD

You basically just cut your hand down to very few cards, optimally none, then use Psychic Strategy to give them no cards in they're hand. You would also use either Chatot G or Slowking HGSS to mess up their topdecks, and then a secondary attacker that can sweep through all their Pokemon while you continue to disrupt them when necessary.

is it similar to sablelock? i mean like a variation of it since it is based on lowering the cards on opponents hand and involves a second attacker as well.

i saw a guy play this at cities today. it was pretty good. you just keep your hand at eather 1 or 0 and just use his first attack to disrupt your opponent.

Egg lock is only similar in the sense that it is a control/disruption style deck, Smeargle is not needed as your opponents hand is optimally 1-2 cards, Giratina Let loose breaks the lock and gives your opponent more option if you can not regain that 1-2 card hand you need, Spiritomb TR is a very good tech as you can night teleporter or bebe or just draw it and get your hand to 0 by dropping it down making your opponent draw 6 and you draw 6 they draw none with psychic strategy.

@ Ferrari I agree Judge isint good because you lose the lock/disruption, but i feel different on giritina because you can draw up to four so you can just draw one then use psychic strategy he gets one card. If your opponent is smart and knows whats goin on they'd probably draw little too so you get a small hand but hopefully you have an attacker ready and you can hopefully control top deck with a slowking..... reading this i guess it insnt the best move , more of a gamble...

but awesome idea with spiritomb TM

fun deck though i agree using garchomp and a mini sp engine.

Thats a real bad lock you need trainer lock to counter egg lock i had a person at my league play egg lock with urasing.

Older incarnations of the deck have used Giratina LV.X to create another form of lock. Since the EggLock opponent will standardly have 2 or less cards in his/her hand, without a Supporter they have to choose between playing a card or attacking - if your hand has 0 cards, Giratina stops you dead.

Yes I have played Egg with about everything ursaring works the best IMO as it can hit for very high damage and has good type advantage vs SP, I have also tried Giratina and have seen that it is too slow which makes the lock harder to keep up, other good parters are basically anything that can hit for low energy (pref psychic or grass pokemon) and can abuse BTS.

The biggest problem Egg Lock has is that unlike Houndoom, it does not force cards out of your opponents hand. Thus, if they hold on to 1 card and you give them a Bebe or something with Slowking, say hello to Uxie. Houndoom only needs to fear about Collector/Luxury Ball.

I am experimenting running just him and electrode. Disrupt early game with bannete/night teleporter and then super egg explosion...hope you get lucky hah.

actually I have seen Flygon X as the attacker in this deck. That way you rearrange their top decks and discard their good cards allowing them to get nothing good. Its a devastating deck when it sets up correctly.

use exeguttor to get their opponent's hand to next to nothing. Slowking to rearrange Top decks. then Flygon X to discard good cards from their deck. Isn't it quite obviously.

I honestly don't see how Chomp can be a main attacker to maintain a lock. Chomp does nothing at all to lock.

its obvious however i kinda forgot the body .. thanks man ! and i agree on the chomp .. it doesnt have any synergy.

Back