XY What would you like to see in the post game?

Arceusect2

Aspiring Trainer
What would you like to see post game?
I have a great idea. Its where after you beat the champion, you go back to hoenn because you hear reports of a giant black and white dragon causing trouble. You would catch either groudon or kyogre to fight the beast and possibly catch it, then you Challenge the gym leaders and everything in hoenn, plus there would be some new towns and areas and maybe the 6th gen trio is there. I' thinking that the battle frontier should be there too. What are your thoughts? As WPM says...
DISCUSS!!!!

In terms of new areas, I'd like it to at least be on par with BW1/BW2, about 5-10 additional routes, some new cities and dungeons, and about 200 post game Pokemon, either found directly in new areas, through swarms, or other post game methods. I'd also like to see them put some past gen legendaries and starters in there.

In terms of features, IDK. A Battle Frontier type place would be nice, but other than that, there's not much I can think of that would be restricted to post game.

I never used the Battle Frontier after Emerald, and even then I was mostly doing the Battle Factory. If it was omitted I wouldn't miss it too much.

What I really want to see is a bunch of hidden areas where legendaries reside. It may not be creative, but it would be pretty cool in 3D. Bonus points for a subplot of some sort.

I would really enjoy extra stories/missions with a nice plot. Maybe a Jirachi mission (wishful thinking because its only a event Pokemon, but you know).

Id want to see a Battle facility located next to the E4 that opens up after you beat the game, where important trainers from everywhere gather and can be challenged.

It would work similar to E4 rematches.
You go in, cannot go back, and face 5 trainers in a row with proper high level teams.
The trainers are always randomly chosen from previous regions E4 members, and one of the 8 old champs.

So for example, you go in, and face:
-Glacia (Ice, Hoenn)
-Flint (Fire, Sinnoh)
-Grimsley (Dark, Unova)
-Will (Psy, Johto)
-Steven (champ, Hoenn)

or with even more modes (multi battles with a friend lol), or even more trainers (new regions gym leaders, previous gym leaders...), or more battles (10 in a row etc)

So itd be like doing the E4 rematches, except unpredictable, better, and more interesting.

Mitja said:
Id want to see a Battle facility located next to the E4 that opens up after you beat the game, where important trainers from everywhere gather and can be challenged.

It would work similar to E4 rematches.
You go in, cannot go back, and face 5 trainers in a row with proper high level teams.
The trainers are always randomly chosen from previous regions E4 members, and one of the 8 old champs.

So for example, you go in, and face:
-Glacia (Ice, Hoenn)
-Flint (Fire, Sinnoh)
-Grimsley (Dark, Unova)
-Will (Psy, Johto)
-Steven (champ, Hoenn)

or with even more modes (multi battles with a friend lol), or even more trainers (new regions gym leaders, previous gym leaders...), or more battles (10 in a row etc)

So itd be like doing the E4 rematches, except unpredictable, better, and more interesting.

This is a great idea in theory, but considering there's a distinct lack of type diversity in the Elite 4 right now, I'm not sure it'd work. What if you got say, Karen, Sidney, Grimsley, Lucian, and Steven? You could plow through that with just a Fighting and Bug type. I think we'll have to wait a few gens before something like this becomes feasible. If they can integrate more trainers, then that'd be okay, though.

Suitcune said:
I would really enjoy extra stories/missions with a nice plot. Maybe a Jirachi mission (wishful thinking because its only a event Pokemon, but you know).

That reminds me, I'd like to see a post game storyline as well. Preferably something that has the breadth of BW1's Sage quest (you must look all over Unova for the Sages, including some post game areas), and the depth of the Stark Mountain quest in Platinum (you're stopping the remnants of Team Galactic from using the Magma Stone for... whatever it is they're doing, I forget).

I would like to be able to battle Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, and Maybe also battle the Regis ;)

On another note I would like to see an area like the pokethon

Rebattle gym leaders like in HGSS and the opportunity to pick one starter from each past gen (like HGSS did)

More HollowTree/BlackTower like facilities. Meaning serious deep post-game stuff where you gain exp.

^Agreed.

Also, much less of a level jump between E4 and Postgame trainers. In B/W I battled the E4 with high level 40's Pokemon, and afterwards finding that 64 was the level that most people's Pokemon were, it quite surprised me that they were 10 levels higher than the last trainer's (Ghetsis') Pokemon.

Also, hopefully some legends with a subplot to them. Again, B/W didn't really do this. Something like 'this Legendary is terrozing this town/place/wherever, we need someone to help', but it turns out the remnants of the evil team have provoked/controlled it to attack.

It freaks me out when suddenly there are crappy wild pokemon Lv60 everywhere <____<

They should keep that to the trainers and special encounters.
I mean I get when there is a new tough endgame area available like Stark Mountain and you find serious pokemon.
I don't get it when its a harmless field and there are lv50 Metapods and Sunkerns in it -_-

Paddy185 said:
^Agreed.

Also, much less of a level jump between E4 and Postgame trainers. In B/W I battled the E4 with high level 40's Pokemon, and afterwards finding that 64 was the level that most people's Pokemon were, it quite surprised me that they were 10 levels higher than the last trainer's (Ghetsis') Pokemon.

Well BW2 didn't have that problem, since you go from Lv. 59 Haxorus to Lv. 60some stuff, but yeah, that was really annoying in BW1.

Mitja said:
It freaks me out when suddenly there are crappy wild pokemon Lv60 everywhere <____<

I mean I get when there is a new tough endgame area available like Stark Mountain and you find serious pokemon.
I don't get it when its a harmless field and there are lv50 Metapods and Sunkerns in it -_-

I don't get this either for the most part. I mean, I can understand stuff like Vigoroth and Pupitar appearing because their evolved forms are too strong to show up randomly, but why am I still finding stuff like Whirlipede and Purrloin post game in BW2? It makes no sense.

I really liked the amount of postgame areas and Routes that DPPt and BW had, and I'd like to see X and Y have a similar or greater amount of postgame places like the Resort Area and Village Bridge. A new Battle Frontier would be welcome as well, ideally closest to the Emerald one.

But what would really take the cake is a whole separate mini-region like the Sevii Islands - they're far and away my favorite post-game content in any Pokémon game ever. They had a completely fresh, different feel from Kanto, and they offered up more fascinating and mostly-unexplained areas than most full-size regions have. They made the world feel massively larger than their relatively small size should've been able to accomplish, and communicated better than any other thing in the series that the Pokémon world is more than just what we've seen so far, and I'd really like to see them be able to recreate that feeling for X and Y.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:

I don't get this either for the most part. I mean, I can understand stuff like Vigoroth and Pupitar appearing because their evolved forms are too strong to show up randomly, but why am I still finding stuff like Whirlipede and Purrloin post game in BW2? It makes no sense.

Those were most likely because the past routes that we go through (pinwheel forest through to nuvema town) had those Pokemon in b/w1, and they wanted to keep it consistent... but why not just use liepard and stoutland instead of purrloin and lillipup... :/

Also, a new set of islands. I liked the Sevii islands in fr/lg and want there to be more minigame stuffs there as well.

P.DelSlayer said:
Those were most likely because the past routes that we go through (pinwheel forest through to nuvema town) had those Pokemon in b/w1, and they wanted to keep it consistent... but why not just use liepard and stoutland instead of purrloin and lillipup... :/

Right, because you could totally catch stuff like Vigoroth, Yanma, and Jigglypuff in Southeast Unova in BW1.

P.DelSlayer said:
Also, a new set of islands. I liked the Sevii islands in fr/lg and want there to be more minigame stuffs there as well.

Amen! Sevii Islands were so much fun to screw around on, I often joked the fourth was my vacation home xD Another group of Islands or even the Orange Archipelago would work wonderfully. As for other stuff, an Emerald-styled Battle Frontier would be SWEET (#BringBackKingOfTheButterflies) along with, as said earlier, better Pokes post game (ex. more accessible version of the Nature Preserve).

Bolt the Cat said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Right, because you could totally catch stuff like Vigoroth, Yanma, and Jigglypuff in Southeast Unova in BW1.

The point was, though, that they had to work with the established areas they had, and since southeast Unova is relatively populous and forested, they couldn't go too crazy. That's part of why I thought B2W2's endgame was a lot less fun than BW's - since the main route got rearranged, the remaining post-game stuff wasn't very coherent.

DorianBlack said:
The point was, though, that they had to work with the established areas they had, and since southeast Unova is relatively populous and forested, they couldn't go too crazy.

Not at all. Southeast Unova is actually fairly sparse with the distribution, they could've done a lot better. And there was no reason to restrict it to Unova Dex Pokemon either, especially when there's still plenty of Pokemon that can't be catchable without Poketransfer, Dream World, or Dream Radar that would've been a great fit for those post game areas.

Back