XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

Team so far.

Pangaro
Doublade
Noisbat
Barbaracle
Delphox

Can't seem to fill my last spot. Don't wanna use the mascot legend and wanna use all 6 gen pokemon.

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

Chandelure said:
After literally hours of searching, I've finally found a male Litleo.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not 50/50 like some sites have listed. It has to be 87.5/12.5. Too many people having to search for a make for it to be 50/50.

My final team consisted of Chesnaught, Pyroar, Clawitzer, Florges, Meowstic, and Tyrantrum. This is literally the best team I have ever used. Clawitzer does work, too.

Chesnaught was both grass and fighting, two important types for in-game teams. This came in handy for me in countless gyms. I solo'd with Quilladin on the first because of Rollout. Good times... The dual-STAB was really nice, though.

Pyroar was nice. Its stats are very close to Manectric's. Actually, I think Pyroar was a great Pokemon. I used Noble Roar for a long time, but ended up with strength and three STABs. I have nothing bad to say about Pyroar other than being defenseless. That's what sweepers are, though.

Clauncher is my favorite XY Pokemon, and Clawitzer has cemented the fact in my brain. This thing literally swept ALL of the champion's Pokemon (yes, even the last one because of Sludge Bomb) and I have never seen a Pokemon like it. Clauncher is automatically in my top three favorites. Its special attack and defenses are legitimately strong.

Florges started out rough as a Flabebe, but it easily became one of my favorites once it got another fairy move. Florges is basically my special wall and helped Clawitzer in the elite four. Florges has massive special stats, decent HP, and nice speed. This is definitely in my top 10 list now. Move over, Flygon.

Meowstic is interesting. It has decent defenses and wonderful special attack and speed. As an Espurr, I was almost frightened because of its looks. However, once it evolved, it began Psyshocking everything in its sight. Meowstic is a wonderful sponge for fighting-type moves and can help Florges against Poison-types.

Tyrantrum, though the weakest link, was not a bad Pokemon. While I may should have gone for the other fossil (or not, it doesn't matter), Tyrantrum was a nice answer to Delphox. Its STABs were nice, though it was kind of slow and didn't like taking special hits. Oh well, every team has a weakest link. Tyrantrum was by no means bad, though.

All in all, I love this team and couldn't imagine using something else. However, I will start training other Pokemon!

Current Team after the 3rd Gym:

Venusaur (Lv. 39) *Has edged ahead of the rest since I use her to catch Pokemon with most the time*
Greninja (Lv. 36)
Fletchinder (Lv. 34)
Floette (Lv. 33)
Amamura (Lv. 29)
Pancham (Lv. 29) *HM and Rock Smash purposes ONLY*

Alternatives Above Lv. 25: Vivillon (Lv. 27), Honedge (Lv. 25), Spritzee (Lv. 25)

I had absolutely no idea what kind of line-up I wanted before I got the game, but I ended up with...

Aurorus
Blastoise (Mega)
Chesnaught
Meowstic
Slurpuff
Talonflame

Now that I've completed the main storyline, I actually have a plan. This plan includes...

Ampharos (Mega)
Avalugg (hopefully Shiny)
Delphox (just to try it)
Dragalge
Gogoat
Sylveon

And whenever Poké Transfer becomes available, I plan to revive my Ice team with a *slight modification...

Aurorus*
Froslass
Glaceon (Shiny)
Lapras
Walrein
Weavile

OR, if I do get a Shiny Avalugg...

Aurorus*
Avalugg (Shiny)*
Froslass
Glaceon (Shiny)
Lapras
Weavile

I finished the game using:

Tyrantrum level 78
Meowstic level 76
Chesnaught level 70
Aegislash level 70
and two HM-slaves that also served as decoy Pokémon. :p

Okay, this is what I ended up with and I'm pretty sure it'll be my final team.

Braixen (M)- Sunny, level 29

Ivysaur (M)- Felix, level 30

Amaura (M)- Orion, level 25

Sylveon (M)- Julian, level 13

Noibat (M)- Night, level 13

Goomy (M)- Happy, still breeding.

Now to get everyone up to the same level and take on the second gym! Yeah! lol hmm..

I don't know yet, the only Pokemon I know i'll use is GOURGEIST!

I love him <3

What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List...

I just finished beating the Elite 4 and here's my team of 6 for Pokemon X:

Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
Leech Seed
Stone Edge
Hammer Arm
Frenzy Plant
Charizard (Fire/Flying, but since it's holding Charizardite X, it can Mega Evolve into Fire/Dragon)
Slash
Fly
Dragon Claw
Blast Burn
Azumarill
Toxic
Return
Play Rough*
Surf
*Play Rough is the ultimate Physical Fairy attack that Azumarill lears at level 50. Power: 90 Accuracy: 90, also has a chance of lowering the target's attack stat by one stage. I used it on a Druddigon and took it was a OHK without needing to be critical!

Aurorus (Ice/Rock)
Thunder Wave
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Hyper Beam*
* Its ability is Refrigerate, which converts any Normal move to Ice

Heliolisk
Rain Dance*
Charge
Grass Knot
Thunder
*with it Dry Skin ability, it can regain HP in Rain and never miss while using Thunder. Double whammy.

Skuntank
Screech
Acid Spray
Sludge Bomb
Night Slash

how's that?

My team for the story line consists of...

Chestnaught (Team Chespin all day)
Charizard X (Yea I'm on that bandwagon)
Hawlucha (I like his typing and I love Pokemon that don't evolve)
Dedenne (ITS A BABY RAICHU BUT FAIRY)
Lapras (Needed a water and didn't wanna go out of my way)
Goodra (Love them psuedos)

My X Team will consist of

Venusaur : Mega Tank
Delphox: Seems cool
Hawlucha: He seems like an awesome dood
Clawitzer: He looks pretty Badass if I must say
Sylveon: If you are playing the game without a fairy type, something is wrong with you
Aerodactyl/Ampharos: I want a pokemon that can mega evolve

Edit: Just started the game!

My current team is as follows:
Greyson (Chesnaut)
Drao III (Charizard)
Pond (Swanna)
Loki (Lucario)
Raichu (Raichu) (Funny story, I wonder traded and got japanese pikachu, shouldn't have evolved it, the name turned english. It still says it's from japan.)
Laretta (Abomasnow)

I was really surprised by my choices, at least for some of them. About to go through Victory Road, but here's how my team looked throughout certain parts of the game:

• Early-Game
    1. Froakie - I knew I was going to start with it.
    2. Fletchling - Wanted a Fire-Type and I knew I wasn't going to use the Charmander I wanted from the Professor until post-game.
    3. Bunnelby - I wanted one for an HM slave, but it turned out to be really fun to use. Super cute and some decent attacks.
    4. Scatterbug / Spewpa - I wanted a Vivillon, so I caught one.
    5. Skiddo - This one really surprised me. I knew I wanted to catch one, but it immediately became a beloved part of my team. Fully Super Trained it as soon as I withdrew it from the PC box, never even left the Pokémon Center.
    6. Flabébé / Floette - Wanted to give the Fairy-Type a try. Never really used it, and it only evolved because of Exp. Share.
  • Middle-Game
    1. Frogadier - Ended up falling in love with this guy (not literally, of course) in Amie. It was just so goofy and when you rub its belly the face it made was adorable.
    2. Diggersby - I didn't expect to keep it around for so long but I did! When it became Diggersby I loved its attitude and it was really beating things up in battle. Eventually changed out for:
    3. Tyrunt / Tyrantrum - Knew I wanted it on my team, and boy was it a good choice. SO. MUCH. DESTRUCTION.
    4. Fletchinder - Was awesome in battle. Fun to use.
    5. Vivillon - Another one I didn't think I'd have on my team for so long. Struggle Bug (later Bug Buzz), Draining Kiss, Psybeam, and Stun Spore (later Quiver Dance) was awesome in battle.
    6. Gogoat - So many awesome moves, so much power. So awesome in every way. It can even learn Surf! Too cool.
    7. Honedge / Doublade - Knocking Floette off the team, it became my second favorite Pokémon on my team (after Frogadier and just barely above Gogoat/Tyrantrum). Such power, so many great moves, the way it looks in battle... Amazing.
  • Late-Game (Current)
    1. Greninja - Too cool for words. Wasn't 100% sure how I'd like it compared to its previous stage, but I love it just as much.
    2. Talonflame - So strong, and makes for a great Flyer.
    3. Tyrantrum - SO. MUCH. DESTRUCTION.
    4. Aegislash - No words for how much I love this thing. Nothing can defeat it in-game. Just give up, NPCs.
    5. Gogoat - Despite being all-Physical, I had to teach it Surf because I needed Waterfall and wasn't going to have both Surf and Waterfall on Greninja. Still awesome, though.
    6. Xerneas - It was hard to part with Vivillon, but I couldn't play X without the whole reason I got the game over Y. I know people are typically against using Legendaries, but I don't care.

I'm right before the 3rd gym, and as of right now my team is:

Frogadier (Slippy)
Ivysaur (Saur) (couldn't think of a name, so I just named him after Red's Bulbasaur in the manga)
Fletchinder (Fawkes)
Lucario (Anubis) (he's shiny, he found him in the wild early in the game and he's the best :D)
Tyrunt (Hammond) (John Hammond created Jurassic Park, if you're wondering about his name)

Everyone's levels are 25-29, I forget the exact levels and I don't have my 3DS with me right now.

I'm starting to really want to put the event Torchic on my team, but I think it might be a bit late for that now, considering I'd need to train it 20 levels or so. But then I'd also need to look for a new flying Pokémon (I don't like having 2 of a type) and it would probably be part-dragon which means I'll need to boot Tyrunt, so I'm in a bit of a pickle.

My sixth Pokémon will either be Bergmite/Avalugg, Sylveon, or Xerneas. I'm not quite sure yet, but any of these guys would be great to have.

Finally found my dream team!

- Gourgeist, my favorite gen 6 pokemon
- aegislash, i love the stance change
- houndoom, not my mega, but such a cool looking pokemon
- aerodactyl, mega sweeper
- Conkeldurr, beware it's sleeptalking drain punch!
- Cloyster, hero in a smashed shell.

My current pokemon X team: About to take down Team flare

Delphox (Magika) I chose it at the start because it looked cool and I was gonna choose greninja for my Y, Seems he is a good special attacker
Tyrantrum (Wrex) Fossil pokemon, Trex, Nuff said
Clawitzer: My preferred water pokemon over barbaracle, He is a very good special attacker and can learn a wide variety of moves
Venusaur (Toxic Tank): Kanto starter, Indestructible when he is mega :D
Lucario ( Assasinsteel): I wanted a mega evolving pokemon in my team, He is the best bet
Sylveon (Dragonslayer) Im liking sylveon more and more, Very good at special attack and defense and he can destroy dragons :D

Please keep your posts on-topic! We have another thread to post your in-game progress and achievements. Some of the posts here will be moved to the correct thread.

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

I already bought both games (Y first, X a week later), I already started Y (I'm at the end of Santalune Forest) but I still haven't opened X's package. I still have no definite decision on the teams I'll use for both games...

Y will be my main game (as such, I'm playing as the male character), X is only for the version exclusive stuff (and, like I did with the my secondary Gen V games, I'll play with the female character).

The starters, fossil and legendaries are set.
Y team / X team:

.Chesnaught / Greninja
-> Chesnaught is the coolest final starter evo for me, so it had to be in my main game team. Greninja is my second favorite, so it goes to X.

.Charizard / Venusaur
-> Charizard is my favorite Pokémon, obviously also had to be in my main game team. Bulbasaur is my second favorite Kanto starter.
---> Regarding Mega Evos, since I want to use Charizard in Y, I'm forced to use Charizardite Y. However, post-game, I'll buy Charizardite X and try to safely trade it to Y, so I can use Mega Charizard X instead, or maybe even switching between both Megas whenever I want for diversity.

.Tyrantrum / Aurorus
-> Since BW, I decided to start to use the fossils, since they're usually decent and, more importantly, the final evos are not available in the wild.
This is the most imporant criteria that affects my choice of pokémon for a team. I usually choose pokémon whose evos can't generally be caught in the wild so I don't have to waste time latter in the game to evolve those pokémon just to complete the dex. This usually includes the starters, Fossil Pokémon, Pokémon that evolve by a method other than level up (trading, evo stones, etc.) or simply Stage 2s in general.
Anyway, as for the fossil themselves, it's also a matter of preference. I like Tyrantrum more, so it goes to Y, while Aurorus goes to X.

.Yveltal / Xerneas
-> For obvious reasons, I have to use Yveltal in Y and Xerneas in X. Like Xous said, a lot of people don't agree with using legendaries. Well, I couldn't care less about those people and what they think. These are the version mascots and I ALWAYS use the version mascot of the games. What's the point of being able to caught that unique pokémon which the game basically resolves around and then just put it in the box?? They're there for us to caught them and use them.

Now, this is where I'm still a bit undecided. In Y, I have a Grass and a Fire pokémon. In X, I have a Water and a Grass pokémon. This means I need a Water pokémon for Y and a Fire pokémon for X because I like to have that core trio of Fire/Water and then Grass and/or Electric. There's also one final spot on each team to be filled.

After seeing all the new pokémon (and btw, I tend to give priority to the new pokémon for the teams of the first games of a new gen), the pokémon I immeadiately decided that I wanted to use were:
-Aegislash; Dragalge; Heliolisk; Trevenant
And to a lesser extent:
-Pyroar; Goodra; Avalugg; Noivern

For the Y team, I initially thought about using Heliolisk and Dragalge. Heliolisk has to be evolved, and doesn't conflict much with the fact that I already have a Grass-type to cover Water-types as Chesnaught can also be used more as a Fighting-type. Even though Dragalge is not Water, it evolves from a Water pokémon and as such learns Water attacks, more importantly, Surf, which is usually the main reason I use Water-types on my teams if they're not starters. Well, Dragalge can be caught in the wild, quite easily it seems, so that defeats my purpose and also evolves a bit too late. I didn't discard it right away though.

As I already had a stone evolving pokémon in Heliolisk, I thought I would use Aegislash in X then. I also thought about using Pyroar in X as I needed a Fire-type and it matched Heliolisk in that both were Stage 1 that couldn't be caught in the wild. Eventually though, I decided Heliolisk will not be that necessary and so I brang Aegislash to the Y team again as the stone-evolving pokémon. Another one I decided to leave out was Trevenant as it is part Grass (like Chespin and Bulbasaur) and also Ghost (like Aegislash).

I'll probably use Heliolisk and Trevenant in the eventual 3rd game though, together with the starters I'm not using in these two games (Fennekin and Squirtle). I'm also saving Noivern, Avalugg and Goodra as candidates for the third game as they don't add much to the teams I already have.

Well, after discarding Heliolisk, and eventually Dragalge due to the reasons I said above, I started looking for another Stone evolving pokémon for X to match Aegislash and a Stage 1 Water-type for Y to match Pyroar. Unfortunaly, since this gen has so few pokémon, the only other water family I can use in Y (other than starters and version exclusives) is the Binacle line, which I don't particularly like. However, Barbaracle is a Stage 1 that can't be caught in the wild, just like Pyroar, so it matched perfectly as so, my Water-type is chosen.

As for the other Stone evolution poké, turns out Florges seems like a direct counterpart to Aegislash, as both are Stage 2 that evolve with the Shiny Stone and the Dusk Stone, respectively (and the stones are also counterparts). Flabébé evolves early and the Shiny Stone can be found just after the third gym (would be better if before but ok). I also thought it may be cool to try out the Fairy-type (as it seems a good-type to use against the Champion since it beats 3 of her pokémon), not counting with the legendary Xerneas. And then I remembered that if I'm going to use Florges, it can't be in X as I will use Xerneas already. I also thought Aegislash's Ghost-type is too similar to Yveltal's Dark-type in terms of coverage so, once again, Aegislash will be moved to my X team, and I'll use Florges in Y.

Seemed like it was done...
Except it then striked me that I don't have any Flyer in my X team. I really want to use Pyroar even considering that its movepool is quite shallow, but in this case, Talonflame may be a better option although its ~80 base Attack depresses me and also ruins my Stage 1-lines plan. Meanwhile, the legendaries only come latter in the game, so I'm thinking if having a team of 5 until then is a reasonable idea or if I should use something else until that point...

PS: Sorry for the crazy long post.

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

Okay, well I'm currently playing Pokemon X (feel free to trade, battle, etc. on PSS: Trainer name is Katniss) And this is my team, some of them I'm not so sure

Prim the Fennekin level 15- starter, always gonna be in my team so I have a fire type to counter a supereffective attack to one of my pokemon. Also, it's last evolution, fire-psychic, is a MUST-HAVE. Lol, reply to this if you agree. :cool:
Glitter the Zigzagoon level 13- well...I'm preetty sure this one is staying, unless of course I get a WAY better normal type (not replacing him with Snorlax, even though he is a T-A-N-K :p) Zigzagoon is here for the pretty-decent movepool, plus Linoone is a pretty good normal-type.
Johanna the Pidgey level 12- now, I want to stick with the classic birdie, might switch this one and Fletching out. MIGHT. Plus, it is pretty fast, and I like that normal-flying type mix.
Clove the Flabebe level 11- Flabebe....Not so sure it's staying. I mean, it's evolutions are decent, buuut, there are more decent faries.

Here's the Pokemon I'll use, like switching out, etc.

Snorlax- I want this guy to be a tank. Probably add it to my main team.
Squirtle- I know there are a lot better water-types out there, but imma use Chespin as my main grass type, or Skiddo, for main game. Also, Squirtle is so CUTE and BEAST. Cute is while in it's basic evo., Beast when it's Blastoise. I WILL add this to my team.
Ralts- So I can counter dark-types thrown at my Fennekin when it evolves. Considering adding it to my team.
Xerneas- Well, I might use it. Maybe switch between Ralts (Gardevoir when it evolves) and this one.
Amaura- Now, I'm thinking of getting a better ice-type, but until then- Aurorus is my main ice, plus I like that ice-rock type combo, just a bit. Buuut, I'm probably gonna use Tyrunt.
Pikachu- The good ol' electric type. Obviously I'm using it cuz it's SO ADORABLE, and so I have an electric type.
Aaaand, a ghost/dark type. I'm not sure, but reply to this so I could have an idea.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We know THESE Hunger Games:
[attachment=7236]

But what about the...POKE HUNGER GAMES!?
[attachment=7237]

ITS A POKE CATASTROPHE!!! :O

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 10
  • pokemon_meets_hunger_games_by_bluekensou-d5fpgf3.jpg
    pokemon_meets_hunger_games_by_bluekensou-d5fpgf3.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 11

My current party~
Cinder (Delphox)-You've come a long way, kid! Besides, little Fenniken was so adorable...
Masuku (Roserade) Been on my team in Pearl, and has made a return. With Grass Knot, it's a beast!
Chrono (Xerneas) Nice Fairy type to have. And dat Megahorn...
Jess (Pikachu) I'm keeping it as a Pikachu no matter what you say. I don't want to lose that heart tail!
Hawkeye (Hawlucha) Awesome type combo!
Joel (Venasaur, but this is sometimes) I don't know why, but something always brings me to pick Bulbasaur.

I need a decent water type, so maybe...
Azumarill- Water/Fairy can kill anything in it's path. ANYTHING.
Wailord- HP. Nuff said.

Back