ORAS What New & Returning Features Do You Want in OR / AS?

Kitana Coldfire said:
With Brawly's gym being lit up, I'm with the general consensus that Flash has retained its Gen VI function.

I don't even remember using Flash in XY.

Aerodactyl said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Well, the Safari Zone is definitely returning and it doesn't seem to be a Friend Safari (or at least not in the main game). What's more interesting seems to be that thing with the Pikachu, which is probably some kind of encounter method like rustling grass. I have a feeling that's going to be a Safari Zone exclusive feature, which would be really interesting because the Safari Zone could stand to be spiced up a bit.

I'm thinking next coro coro gives us an exclusive on diving and the safari zone with maybe some wally art and his mega (if he has one).

Did you notice how Brendan was sneaking up on him? I wonder if we also control how we move! Not only do we have to sneak up on them without scaring them away, but then we have to do the whole "throw a pokeblock" thing when we engage in battle. I wouldn't mind a harder or expanded safari zone at all! Maybe we'll have to play a mini game to catch the pokemon once we've successfully sneaked up on them.

I'm also hoping for more hidden abilities to be available for Pokemon.

That would be neat, yeah. If there's no Roller Skates in this game (which judging by the trailers, there isn't), then maybe they could use the Circle Pad for sneaking. See, this is the kind of reveal I want to see, it's new and exciting, and there's so much potential here. It could be used to find rarer Pokemon, it could be used to distribute Hidden Abilities, heck, I've heard one person on Youtube speculating that we could encounter those Corsola swimming underwater, that would add an interesting challenge in exploring the overworld.

I mentioned previously that I'd like an option to turn off random trainer calls for the Pokenav. There's something else Pokenav-related that I'd like to see: a pattern to the trainer rematches, like certain trainers battling on certain days and at certain times. Rematches in the originals just seemed to happen at random times, and I'd go days sometimes without anyone wanting a rematch.

Seven is a Color said:
I mentioned previously that I'd like an option to turn off random trainer calls for the Pokenav. There's something else Pokenav-related that I'd like to see: a pattern to the trainer rematches, like certain trainers battling on certain days and at certain times. Rematches in the originals just seemed to happen at random times, and I'd go days sometimes without anyone wanting a rematch.

Personally, I prefer the VS Seeker. WAY more practical!!!

Aerodactyl said:
Personally, I prefer the VS Seeker. WAY more practical!!!
Me too. The VS Seeker is the best because you can rematch trainers at any time. You don't have to wait until a certain time like the Pokegear, or until an icon appears next to their name on the Pokenav. You can battle a trainer, walk 100 steps to recharge the battery, and then they may be available for battle again.

But Hoenn uses the Pokenav as a trainer rematching mechanic, so that's why I made that suggestion. It's not as convenient as the VS Seeker, but at least there'd be a pattern that you could go by instead of wondering when someone will want to rematch.

Move Tutors. I had forgotten how useful those things were in B2W2. I really don't want to have to wait until X2Y2Z (whatever). I keep watching channels like The Dex where they give you good movesets, but half the time I can't build them because no move tutors.

Even though I know it won't happen because this feature was a Kalos exclusive thing, like dressing up, I really would like to see the roller skates make a return. It made travel a lot faster, and I liked that you could do tricks with the skates.

More clothing options would be great, I enjoyed when the first Pokemon in your party would follow behind you (as said above), the Looker missions were a nice post-game addition.

Back