ORAS What New & Returning Features Do You Want in OR / AS?

Chocolate Death said:
Laptops might be too expensive for a tween traveling across a giant tropical island with superpowered creatures and evil environmentalists.
But then, wouldn't you say that a massive piece of gear, with capabilities to read a map, listen to the radio, and function as a phone is a bit expensive for a ten year old?
I love the idea of having some kind of remote pc. I could totally see having something in the back of your backpack. I mean, not to rip off apple, but you could totally fit an IPad, or any other tablet in the back.
With advancements in technology, both in the real world and the pokémon world, I can honestly see that as a feature.

I don't know about you guys, but I really hope they'll bring back the PWT from Black2/White2.
Stuff was intense. Yeah, there's the Battle Frontier, but maybe we could just have it like a replacement for Battle Chateau? I dunno, I just want tournaments. It's cool.

Kyoshi_ said:
Chocolate Death said:
Laptops might be too expensive for a tween traveling across a giant tropical island with superpowered creatures and evil environmentalists.
But then, wouldn't you say that a massive piece of gear, with capabilities to read a map, listen to the radio, and function as a phone is a bit expensive for a ten year old?
I love the idea of having some kind of remote pc. I could totally see having something in the back of your backpack. I mean, not to rip off apple, but you could totally fit an IPad, or any other tablet in the back.
With advancements in technology, both in the real world and the pokémon world, I can honestly see that as a feature.

Unlike the anime, in the games it isn't the professor the one taking care of the Pokémon and they are just boxed. That said, I don't know if the PC is more than just a laptop with some device connected to it that has something where to put the Pkballs. Even so, our backpack already has and carries so much stuff that some heavy (or not) machine wouldn't be that big of a deal! Games' protagonists that carry the world and even more on their menus and backpacks is the most common think, just look at Link ("The Legend of Zelda") and Solid Snake ("Metal Gear Solid")! :p

You do realise that the PSS is able to interact with the pc from the field already (see the GTS). It wouldn't be much of a stretch to abolish the pc system altogether and just let the player interact with the pc system anywhere. No need for the player character to carry around some huge device either.

Trainer of Shadows said:
You do realise that the PSS is able to interact with the pc from the field already (see the GTS). It wouldn't be much of a stretch to abolish the pc system altogether and just let the player interact with the pc system anywhere. No need for the player character to carry around some huge device either.

Unfortunately I don't realise that because I haven't played Y/X but if that's the case, then you're right and the PC system on Pkcenters could indeed be abolished!

After researching, it seems that the PSS appears in the bottom screen and so, since it's related to this thread's topic, I suggest an option to customise what appears in the bottom screen. I've hated having the C-gear there when I find far more useful to have my option (Bag, Pkdex, Pokémon, options "per se", etc) in there as is HG but since this is only my opinion, I suggest giving us the option to decide!

Leaf_Ranger said:
Trainer of Shadows said:

Unfortunately I don't realise that because I haven't played Y/X but if that's the case, then you're right and the PC system on Pkcenters could indeed be abolished!

After researching, it seems that the PSS appears in the bottom screen and so, since it's related to this thread's topic, I suggest an option to customise what appears in the bottom screen. I've hated having the C-gear there when I find far more useful to have my option (Bag, Pkdex, Pokémon, options "per se", etc) in there as is HG but since this is only my opinion, I suggest giving us the option to decide!
The PSS is essentially the C-Gear, wifi options(the wifi counter/union counter in DS games), and the HGSS display rolled into one. Arguably the most convenient and innovative use of the touch screen in a Pokemon game to date.

There are two problems with allowing the trainer to access the PC anywhere. The first is that players might get themselves stuck somewhere by releasing the right Pokemon. For example, in Palcifidlog Town I don't believe you can release Pokemon that know either Fly or Surf so that you can't get stuck on the island. It's easy for them to code not being able to release for certain PC's but it might not for certain places in different locations.

The other is that you could just put your Pokemon in the PC wherever you were to heal them in between each and every battle which takes a lot of the difficulty of long routes out of the equation.

TheGuy said:
There are two problems with allowing the trainer to access the PC anywhere. The first is that players might get themselves stuck somewhere by releasing the right Pokemon. For example, in Palcifidlog Town I don't believe you can release Pokemon that know either Fly or Surf so that you can't get stuck on the island. It's easy for them to code not being able to release for certain PC's but it might not for certain places in different locations.

The other is that you could just put your Pokemon in the PC wherever you were to heal them in between each and every battle which takes a lot of the difficulty of long routes out of the equation.

Actually, the games already have a fail safe in place. In X and Y, you cannot trade or remove a Pokemon out of your party that knows HM moves, essentially preventing you from getting stuck. Across the board PC access is doable, its just a design choice by GF to not do it. As far as cheap healing methods, they could just have Pokemon keep their HP when boxed from the field for an hour or permanently until its healed. Also, to keep things a bit less of a hassle, the Battle Box could heal them when placed in it, but wouldn't be accessible from the field. The quick healing things IS probably the only logical reason why they haven't implemented the portable access to the PC though, but then again, these games are not even a challenge without self imposed Nuzlocke or Wonderlocke rules anyways.

I hope the pokeblocks feature returns and Pokemon Contests I loved the pokemon contests just wish they upgraded them to having a battle portion in them that would be so neat, I want the ball capsules to return that was an amazing thing also I like my Dusknoir popping out its pokeball with blue fire, Secret bases is a must I remember decorating them, but I also want people to be able to see them, I want the being able to rematch people and gym leaders a option, no offense but XY was fun but there really wasnt a hard challenge like Fire Red and Leaf Green post game, or Red in HGSS, well that about sums it up lol

One thing I hope they change is Feebas' tiles, as it took me forever just to fish for one in Emerald back in the day. I hope they add a visual cue to the water or something so you can at least deduce where you need to try fishing to get one.

I hope for the return of different colored Pokémon (non-shiny) like it was the case of Vivillion. Since they're remaking Hoenn with Mega-evos, then I would like to see, let's say... different colored Dustox and Beautifly, yes, for starters and then expanding this into almost if not all Pokémon! Just like Eevee adapts itself to different environments by evolving, other Pokémon should change colors or have physical distinctions in order to better blend or adapt to the new flora & fauna!

NoDice said:
One thing I hope they change is Feebas' tiles, as it took me forever just to fish for one in Emerald back in the day. I hope they add a visual cue to the water or something so you can at least deduce where you need to try fishing to get one.

I don't support that. I liked how Feebas was hard to get and kind the same with Bagon and Gible. Enough with the ongoing easing of games and that's way too much; adding another tile, yes, visual cues, no.

Leaf_Ranger said:
I hope for the return of different colored Pokémon (non-shiny) like it was the case of Vivillion. Since they're remaking Hoenn with Mega-evos, then I would like to see, let's say... different colored Dustox and Beautifly, yes, for starters and then expanding this into almost if not all Pokémon! Just like Eevee adapts itself to different environments by evolving, other Pokémon should change colors or have physical distinctions in order to better blend or adapt to the new flora & fauna!

NoDice said:

I don't support that. I liked how Feebas was hard to get and kind the same with Bagon and Gible. Enough with the ongoing easing of games and that's way too much; adding another tile, yes, visual cues, no.

Well Feebas and Milotic are not hard to obtain anymore. The secrets out, and has been out for years. Actually, I have gotten two near flawless Feebas just from WT alone, but I just think that people should be able to get the team they want for in game runs without a ton of bs searching(random luck in the case of Feebas). Also, Bagon and Gible were NOT hard to find if you actually explored, whereas Feebas uses a mechanic that makes it obtainable in only 6 out of however many tiles, and you have to fish and HOPE you snag one.

NoDice said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

Well Feebas and Milotic are not hard to obtain anymore. The secrets out, and has been out for years. Actually, I have gotten two near flawless Feebas just from WT alone, but I just think that people should be able to get the team they want for in game runs without a ton of bs searching(random luck in the case of Feebas). Also, Bagon and Gible were NOT hard to find if you actually explored, whereas Feebas uses a mechanic that makes it obtainable in only 6 out of however many tiles, and you have to fish and HOPE you snag one.

In the first place, while it's true that those that don't know how to obtain Feebas in Hoenn are few, that might not be true for newcommers (either young players and Hoenn's first time players).
Secondly, knowing how to catch it only makes it less frustrating because it becomes known it's indeed possible. It doesn't make it that less hard, so it's still hard to find the right tiles.
If you're saying that it's not hard anymore because you can trade Pokémon, then what's the point of suggesting visual cues? Just go trade one. I like the hardship and feeling of accomplishment after getting one like it's supposed to be, otherwise Feebas would be easily available in Hoenn!
While I understand and accept your wish for people to have access to the team they want, I think the best way is to better distribute Pokémon across the region, not to make it that easier to obtain. Feebas and Milotic have (at least in Hoenn) a status to maintain.

Leaf_Ranger said:
NoDice said:

In the first place, while it's true that those that don't know how to obtain Feebas in Hoenn are few, that might not be true for newcommers (either young players and Hoenn's first time players).
Secondly, knowing how to catch it only makes it less frustrating because it becomes known it's indeed possible. It doesn't make it that less hard, so it's still hard to find the right tiles.
If you're saying that it's not hard anymore because you can trade Pokémon, then what's the point of suggesting visual cues? Just go trade one. I like the hardship and feeling of accomplishment after getting one like it's supposed to be, otherwise Feebas would be easily available in Hoenn!
While I understand and accept your wish for people to have access to the team they want, I think the best way is to better distribute Pokémon across the region, not to make it that easier to obtain. Feebas and Milotic have (at least in Hoenn) a status to maintain.

I understand your point of view as well, and wanting the sense of accomplishment ala keeping the mechanics true to the source material. My idea is not just aimed at newcomers, but more or less at the 18+ age bracket that have jobs, school and other things to do. However, its just a suggestion, and we both made our points.

NoDice said:

Make it rippling water like in 5th gen.

Done.

Bolt the Cat said:
NoDice said:

Done.

Please, no shaking grass, no rippling water, no dust clouds and no shadows. They were sooo annoying!

Leaf_Ranger said:
Bolt the Cat said:

Done.

Please, no shaking grass, no rippling water, no dust clouds and no shadows. They were sooo annoying!
So you'd rather have Feebas forever be impossible to find each day instead of have it ripple where it is? We were talking about making it easier to get Feebas.

Chocolate Death said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
So you'd rather have Feebas forever be impossible to find each day instead of have it ripple where it is? We were talking about making it easier to get Feebas.

Impossible to find each day? Feebas' tiles only change when the trendy phrase changes in Dewford so they aren't impossible to find each day! All we have to do is fishing and do it for an amount of time, even if it takes more than one day. About making it easier to find, like I've said above, Feebas has a status quo to mantain and so let Feebas' catch method in Hoenn stay as it was, that's my opinion. The maximum I support is adding perhaps another one or two tiles.

Everyone's talking about getting Feebas in OR/AS, and I'm just sitting here praying that they keep Pokemon-Amie.

All kidding aside, please, please, PLEASE don't let them get rid of Pokemon-Amie!
Now that I think about it, if they do keep it, they might rename it considering that we are no longer in a region based off France. I wonder what they would call it?

Leaf_Ranger said:
Impossible to find each day? Feebas' tiles only change when the trendy phrase changes in Dewford so they aren't impossible to find each day! All we have to do is fishing and do it for an amount of time, even if it takes more than one day. About making it easier to find, like I've said above, Feebas has a status quo to mantain and so let Feebas' catch method in Hoenn stay as it was, that's my opinion. The maximum I support is adding perhaps another one or two tiles.

So you'd rather sift through literally 400 tiles of river looking for one of 6 tiles that gives you about a 20% chance of a Feebas rather than wait 30 seconds for a tile to show up? I honestly don't get how that's better.

I also don't see why Feebas should remain stupidly rare, I mean they don't have to make it stupidly common, but making it a giant game of find the needle in the haystack is going too far.

Back