XY What kind of Legendary Trio are you hoping to see, and what would it be based on?

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
I just wanted to ask about a Legendary Trio. What kind are you looking forward to?
A Trio with all members having a head Crystal? It's your choice!

Discuss!

RE: What Legendary Trio are you hoping to see?

another airborne trio as a homage to the legendary birds of gen I.

Either Wyverns or actually bird-like,
but with a secondary Flying type, not Dragon..we've had enough legendary dragons as it is.

None of the same types (Ice, Electric, Fire).

Grass/Flying
Water/Flying
Ground/Flying

Or something more abstract? Absurd creatures seemingly made up of different liquids:
mud - Ground
water - Water
acid - Poison

Or polar opposites to the musketeers.
Instead of representing justice, theyd represent negative things like fear, anger..
Instead of being secondary Fighting, they'd be secondary Dark.
Ice/Dark
Ground/Dark
Poison/Dark
Theyd be found in deep underground caves across the region.

OR... if they wanted to pull off another "lake guardians" thing, meaning that the trio would be quite similar (in design and identical types), playing supporting roles for the mascots, then either
3 Ghosts
or
3 Bugs

Those are what I'd do in the next 4 gens in no particular order.

For the trio (which, speaking of legends, I'd love the number to go back down to five. III-V brought WAY too many), I'd like to see something based on the Gods that you don't think of as powerful, like Hermes or Athena and have them like the lake guardians (best trio that will ever exist in my opinion).

Joeypals!! said:
For the trio (which, speaking of legends, I'd love the number to go back down to five. III-V brought WAY too many), I'd like to see something based on the Gods that you don't think of as powerful, like Hermes or Athena and have them like the lake guardians (best trio that will ever exist in my opinion).

The number of new legends has been pretty steady and only slightly deviating from the trends.

The only real difference is that they add
~2 powerhouses equivalent to pseudo-legendaries (600TBS)
-a handful of event legends to extend a generations life.

Without those its always basically
-a trio (580TBS)
-mascot legends (~680TBS)

I think everyone is always exaggerating when it comes to number of legendaries.
The problem is that there is just this classification: "legendary"

If the random extra powerhouses like Lati@s, Heatran, Tornadus had their own classification youd see how the amount of real legends is pretty steady.

I don't see them going a step back. I mean what would you ditch?
-there WILL be another trio
-there WILL be mascots
-there WILL be some event legends
This is 8 already at least. Add pair of powerhouses and a third event and that's where we are.

Do quartets count? If so I think that a group based off the four components of DNA would be interesting and fitting-Guanine, Cytosine, Adenine, and Thymine. I figure they would look like a mix of Deoxys and Reuniclus with hexagons implemented into their design somehow.

CyberCat5555 said:
Do quartets count? If so I think that a group based off the four components of DNA would be interesting and fitting-Guanine, Cytosine, Adenine, and Thymine. I figure they would look like a mix of Deoxys and Reuniclus with hexagons implemented into their design somehow.

Now THAT I did not think about. Very intelligent prediction and I wouldn't be suprised if that came true.

Let's see. Something kinda weird...

Like combining communism with dinosaurs! They did antelope and the Three Musketeers, so why not?!

I have to say, I really would like to see a Dark trio/quartet (thanks go to Mitja for that idea).

I could actually see them having similar designs to the musketeers, but much more ominous -think like the Thestrals from Harry Potter (skeletal horse-like creatures), with some elemental association. Maybe the 'Keldeo' of the quartet could look like an innocent pony but have design elements reminiscent of the Grim Reaper (maybe have it's mane forming a hood, a scythe for a tale ect).
It would be easy to make some kind of backstory between these two groups as well:

-musketeers save pokemon - dark trio bully/attack them
-sometime in the past, the dark trio decided that it would be fun to cause a lot of panic to innocent Pokemon, and decided to set fire to a forest.
-musketeers help the distressed pokemon in forest fire whilst dark trio cause more havoc elsewhere
-musketeers warn dark trio that there will be a fight if they continue their dark antics
-dark trio take no heed of this warning
-musketeers and dark trio have a fight where they are equally balanced against each other (see typings below)
-fight goes absolutely nowhere
-musketeers call on keldeo to help and dark trio call on their fourth member as well
-keldeo eventually gets the edge on the fourth dark member and the dark trio are defeated and banished to the Gen.6 region where they are in caverns
-(what would be really interesting and unlikely, is that Xerneas is in cahoots with the musketeers-some people do think it could be somehow related to the musketeers in some way- and is keeping watch over the dark trio in Gen.6 land so that they don't cause any havoc there)

What would be really interesting would be to give them primary typings that would beat the musketeers, but the musketeer's Fighting makes a kind of balance between both the groups.
Maybe typings could be something like:
Water/Dark to beat Terrakion
Poison/Dark to beat Virizion
Fire/Dark to beat Cobalion (this type combo on an ominous skeletal creature could turn out so aces)
and the event can be an Electric/Dark to beat Keldeo? (plus this typing could be reserved solely for this Pokemon, akin to how only one musketeer had a new typing).

tl;dr I want a dark trio/quartet with some connection to the musketeers
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Another idea I had was that we could get the original Genesect. Maybe not as a legendary, but it would still be nice *inb4kabutops*

One rumour that Mr.XY posted was that there would be several different animals (i think they were a t-rex, a tiger, a peacock and something else) that had the 4 card suits implemented in their designs as legendaries. I actually think that these could be done well as a group.

*also I will update this post with more ideas on legendary wants later on*

I think a "Fate" trio would be a nice addition.
I already think of Xerneas and Yveltal as representations of the tree of life, or Yggdrasil, so it would be a nice.
Xerneas represents life, Yveltal, death, and then the three, possibly four, legendary Pokemon to accompany them. :)

P.DelSlayer said:
One rumour that Mr.XY posted was that there would be several different animals (i think they were a t-rex, a tiger, a peacock and something else) that had the 4 card suits implemented in their designs as legendaries. I actually think that these could be done well as a group.
While the rumor itself is interesting, it doesn't make sense to have a peacock, t-rex, snake, and a tiger representing the four spades, much less be in a group together.
There is nothing that correlates them together, other than snakes and t-rexes both being reptilian, and peacocks, because they are avians, whose ancestors were the dinosaurs. Tigers are completely out of that group, and they don't fit well together, as all trios have before.

How about a FOSSIL TRIO

You can't capture them, but when you defeat them, you get their stones as key items and you can revive them at the fossil reviving area

Water/Rock
Steel/Rock
Flying/Rock

Joeypals!! said:
(which, speaking of legends, I'd love the number to go back down to five. III-V brought WAY too many)

I agree, and I made a post like this earlier. I could see the main 2 legendaries, a trio, Mewthree, and an event pokemon. That is 7 Legendaries, technacally 6 excluding the event pokemon.

I was thinking about how people think this is based off of Norse mythology, so I decided to come up with the most viking Pokemon I could think of:

-Sea Serpent trio (Water/Dragon, Water/Grass, Water/Poison)
-Not a trio, but maybe two crows like Hugin and Munin would be cool
-Also not a trio, but a giant, armored, Dark/Steel Fenrir wolf would be amazing

Norse mythology has just so much to draw from.

A Dark trio does sound cool. I think a Ghost trio would be sweet too. Ghost plus secondary types that have never been paired with the Ghost type. So maybe Ghost/Rock, Ghost/Steel, and Ghost/Grass. The first thing that comes to mind with these typings are possessed inanimate objects.

The Rock ghost would be like a golem from Jewish folklore (or, similar to Golem and Golurk, but different to distinguish it from these two).

The first image I can think of for the Steel ghost is something that looks like the Iron Giant; just a huge figure made of scrap metal possessed by a spirit.

And for the Grass ghost, how about a possessed tree? A large, lumbering tree, similar to the Ents from Lord of the Rings.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
A Dark trio does sound cool. I think a Ghost trio would be sweet too. Ghost plus secondary types that have never been paired with the Ghost type. So maybe Ghost/Rock, Ghost/Steel, and Ghost/Grass. The first thing that comes to mind with these typings are possessed inanimate objects.

The Rock ghost would be like a golem from Jewish folklore (or, similar to Golem and Golurk, but different to distinguish it from these two).

The first image I can think of for the Steel ghost is something that looks like the Iron Giant; just a huge figure made of scrap metal possessed by a spirit.

And for the Grass ghost, how about a possessed tree? A large, lumbering tree, similar to the Ents from Lord of the Rings.

Good ideas, but dont we have the Regi Trio as golems?

Yeah, I suppose so. The Regis did come to mind as I was typing that, Regirock and Registeel specifically. Guess it wouldn't be such an original idea after all. I still like the idea of a possessed tree though (Sudowoodo doesn't count).

Mitja said:
OR... if they wanted to pull off another "lake guardians" thing, meaning that the trio would be quite similar (in design and identical types), playing supporting roles for the mascots, then either
3 Ghosts

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
I think a Ghost trio would be sweet too. Ghost plus secondary types that have never been paired with the Ghost type. So maybe Ghost/Rock, Ghost/Steel, and Ghost/Grass. The first thing that comes to mind with these typings are possessed inanimate objects.

I like this idea. The 3 Ghosts, pure or dual typed, could each be guardians of a different style castle or tower across the new region. Castles would be the perfect hiding place for such a trio, especially with the new region supposedly being based off of Europe. Which Europe of course, has many a castle across the continent, and many stories of them being abandoned and haunted. Sounds like the perfect thing for a trio.

I could also see them being based off of different types of warriors or armor types throughout the ages across Europe- One could be Ghost/Steel, representing a suit of armor. A Ghost/Dark type, representing an assassin-esque or rogue. The third and final could represent a barbarian type, being Ghost/Fighting.

The designs themselves would have to be extremely varied, unlike the Kami trio and pixies, but I think it would be an awesome idea if this is actually what they did. Plus we havent had a Ghost/Steel or Fighting type yet either- which would be a pretty rad to see.

Thinking of other legendaries, I've got some ideas:
-A legendary duo, based on reflection. One is Water/Psychic and the other is Steel/Psychic. They live inside mirrors -everywhere with a mirror is a pontential place they could live. I imagine these to be similar to Meloetta in size, with small bodies. What would be really interesting is that they could only be caught in 'Mirror Balls' which would essentially be a Pokeball created with a mirror inside of it. Mirror Balls be obtained by visiting some old person who had the dream to catch them, but is no longer young enough to do so and gives you the task of it.
Typings were Water/Psychic and Steel/Psychic because water and steel give out reflections, and psychic seems fitting for them.
_ _ _
I'm hoping that the original Tao Dragon will be revealed this gen. I could see it happening, and hopefully rivalling Arceus on BST. but knowing gamefreak it will have a sucky movepool

CyberCat5555 said:

That's a wonderful idea!

Terra Force said:
Let's see. Something kinda weird...

Like combining communism with dinosaurs! They did antelope and the Three Musketeers, so why not?!

Yes! Go with the DINOSAURS! I love them!

Back