Pokemon What is your closest encounter or battle in a Pokémon game?

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
Well, one day I was walking to collect my berries in Pokemon Diamond. There was a huge patch of grass and I thought Well, I hope I don't encounter any Pokemon, I want to get this done! And then I walked into a grass piece. A Pokemon came. Before I knew what Pokemon it was I yelled Oh! You silly piece of grass! And then it turned out that it was a shiny Cresselia without a hacking device.

If there is already a Forum with this sort of thread feel free to remove it.

So, what are your encounters, or close battles?

RE: What is your closest encounter or battle in a Pokemon game?

I was going to the grass in Azure Bay, when I surfed on the water trying to avoid encounters. I went through 3 encounters thinking about maybe getting Tentacool or Mantyke as a shiny, and then on the 4th encounter a shiny Mantyke appeared. I was literally running all around my house because that was my first shiny that wasn't chained, in a horde or in the friend safari :D

My close encounters were three and all when shinies appeared: my first one (and also my first shiny) was a Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone, back in LG, and it was caught on the first throw; then it was in the Safari Zone, but now in HG, and with a Zubat, also with one "shot" (this one was lv. 17 so I was confident, unlike when facin lv. 33 Rhyhorn) and my last one was just south of Blackthorn City when a shiny Graveler jumped at me...I had a Master Ball but before remembering it I threw one Dusk Ball (in day) and one Ultra Ball, both failing right at the last shake, after catching it I went to see its attacks and it had Selfdestruct so it was indeed a close and lucky call.
The funny thing is that I suck at using th Pkradar and yet I already have 7 shinies, all caught by luck. Just the day before yesterday I decided to again give a try with the radar in Platinum but I never even reached 20 chains and yesterday, in HG, a shiny Rattata appeared in the grass between Celadon and Saffron.

My closest encounter was, I forget what game or who i was battling but I believe it was a gym leader or elite 4, I had one pokemon left and no revives and they had a wailord out, which was their last guy, and mine was a ninetails. I send in out with full health, they have about half left. I hit it and it goes down to the red in the hp bar. It uses surf, and I'm like "theres no way I could survive". I survived with one hp left, and I didn't have a focus sash or anything like that and I managed to win.

The other day in a Link Battle, it came down to our last Pokemon each. He had an Alakazam, which was resistant or neutral to all of my Lucario's attacks, and he knew Focus Blast. Missed me three times straight.

On the day I got Diamond, which was release day (22 Apr 2007), I was going through Eterna Forest with Cheryl. I pick up the Great Ball, and decide to save my game. Next encounter, BAM, shiny Buneary. I'm ecstatic.

I get it down into the mid-orange range. I fear that Cheryl's stupid Chansey will Egg Bomb it to death. I chance it and throw the one and only Great Ball.

It worked.
I felt so at ease.

Now I have a lv. 100 shiny male Lopunny with horrible IVs, a Sassy nature, and Klutz.
I don't care how bad the RNG trolled me right there; it's shiny. That's all that matters.

DNA said:
Now I have a lv. 100 shiny male Lopunny with horrible IVs, a Sassy nature, and Klutz.
I don't care how bad the RNG trolled me right there; it's shiny. That's all that matters.

I just recently caught a shiny Frogadier with Torrent... </3

On the bright side, it does have 3 max IVs and a decent nature, the specifics of which I'm too lazy to check. But that stuff being good makes the 20%-probable crap ability hurt that much more.

Back