What is the most satisfying game you've ever played?

Red Monkeys In A Forest

"It is always U.S. time! We rule the world!&q
Hey all you people, I'm asking what you guys think of as the most well-made/impressive game you've ever played :D Now when I say this I mean, you were satisfied by EVERYTHING the game had to offer, it was just so amazing and just wow and you loved it! It doesn't necessarily mean it's your favorite game, but something you just have fond memories of playing, and would recommend to other players, basically, or maybe, the only reason you played it was to have fun, because it was so well made :) Oh! and if you don't have a BEST/PERFECT game, then tell about what you think would make it better!

The game I've been most satisfied with, is Excitebots: Trick Racing, one of my personal Wii favorite, I had so much fun playing this game online and creaming my friends and cousins. I got very good at the game, and I just loved it. It had so many great modes, and so many awesome tricks, plus I just loved the races! Though, thanks to poor advertising and lackluster sales, not many played this, and thanks to its 3rd party shovelware looking box art, who would? I bought it because I read in Nintendo Power and it looked sweet! Especially after the first one, which did include a nice custom soundtrack feature (but really, does it matter? What are headphones?) I had nothing but fun playing this game!

Anyway guys, do your thing! What's the most satisfying game you've ever played?

Most satisfying game I've played would be Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It's essentially a second life, with 100+ hours worth of content. I've easily poured numerous hours into the game, and I've never been bored with it. Also, some older games that really satisfy my gaming needs are Metroid: Prime for Gamecube (massive exploration), Soul Calibur 2 for Gamecube (Link is VERY fun to use), Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for Xbox (sheer variety of characters and vast storyline), and who could ever forget Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for N64. (Do I need to explain that one?)

WoW 2 years ago. Probably the height of the game's life, nostalgia for pre-bc aside. It honestly ruined every other video game for me.

I guess the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Kirby's Return to Dreamland. I'm not sure, I usually don't notice when they do everything right, only when they do something wrong.

I love Tales of Vesperia. Almost everything is perfect! The story. The characters. The gameplay. The battle system. The dungeons. The only things I didn't like was how annoying the last dungeon was, all the level grinding needed and how skipping certain events and not being somewhere in the right part of the game makes you miss a few Artes. (the game's version of spells, magic, ect) It's my 2nd favorite game next to the Pokemon games. (my 1st favorite is a tie between Crystal, Black and Platinum)

Brave Vesperia said:
I love Tales of Vesperia. Almost everything is perfect! The story. The characters. The gameplay. The battle system. The dungeons. The only things I didn't like was how annoying the last dungeon was, all the level grinding needed and how skipping certain events and not being somewhere in the right part of the game makes you miss a few Artes. (the game's version of spells, magic, ect) It's my 2nd favorite game next to the Pokemon games. (my 1st favorite is a tie between Crystal, Black and Platinum)

I love Vesperia! Playing it with my cousins, its totally awesome, great game, too bad its taken us two years to get through (lack of meetings) and now my cosuin's XBox overheats so its gonna be hard to finish it up, but I'm lookin forward to it!

Well,forme was Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold.I love playing games with long stories and this was a great mix as I love Pokemon,too.I liked it much,beacause was my first game with second regions on the map/game.

Sandvich said:
Well,forme was Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold.I love playing games with long stories and this was a great mix as I love Pokemon,too.I liked it much,beacause was my first game with second regions on the map/game.

Ah yes. That plus Platinum, too.

Sonic Colors. after Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 2006, and Sonic Unleashed, it was...cathartic. I almost wanted to cry because of how good it was compared to the previous Sonic games. I just...I just have something in my eye...

Zenith said:
Sonic Colors. after Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 2006, and Sonic Unleashed, it was...cathartic. I almost wanted to cry because of how good it was compared to the previous Sonic games. I just...I just have something in my eye...

I feel like pretty much every 3D Sonic game is missing something. Colors and Generations are good, but they're both too short and simple. And the level design isn't quite there yet (Generations got close, though).

Zenith said:
I respectfully disagree

Fair enough, then. I can at least agree that they're better than most of the other 3D Sonic games (although that's really not saying much).

Mario. Jumping up and down and getting power ups is so satisfying.

Meatheart said:
Mario. Jumping up and down and getting power ups is so satisfying.

lol...

I guess I'll be cheesy and pick the a really recent game, Zelda Skyward Sword. Somehow it just felt like this was the true Zelda game and that's tough for me to say because the wait for Twilight Princess was long enough. With the way the controls are with the game, it was almost ironic that this was most likely the fitting swan song for the whole Wii console. Just when the best motion control game comes out, everyone is looking ahead to the Wii U. Satisfying, but tragic indeed.

dmaster out.

I haven't played most of the big games (Halo, Skyrim, etc.), but if I had to choose the most satisfying I've played... It would probably be Brawl.

Brawl is pretty awesome, I've played countless hours of it with my cousins and friends, my cousins are actually a challenge so its super fun, and then all my friends are... bad :p Maybe just cause I've been playing so much with my crazy good cosuins for years hahah I love that game

Pokemon Silver and Pokemon LeafGreen and Pokemon Emerald.... I know I suck.

Also though, Call of Duty Black Ops never ceases to impress me. Between story mode, Zombies, and split screen fun at Nuketown, I just never get bored of this game.

Zenith said:
I would've said Skyward Sword but the third Imprisoned fight ruined the entire game for me.

I don't think it's fair to see a couple boss fights ruined the whole game. I definitely don't think it's perfect, but satisfying wise, the game is pretty much hands down just because of the significance of the release.

dmaster out.

Back