Pokemon What is inside a Pokeball?

I always just picture it being empty besides for the aura of a Pokémon, which is released in a red (according to the animé) flash in battle and transforms into the physical form upon summoning. :p

^^umm advertisement?

i always thought they would upon being turned into a red zappy light they went to a digitalized form and then went to a sort of matrix esk world. you know what i mean? like they went to wherever they wanted and say the trainer had to create his own matrix for all of his pokemon to live in while in the pokeball and all of his pokeballs where registered to hos own network. and then when pokemon come out of the ball they just leave their little matrix and whatever they where doing before and battle or whatever. haha think about this more than i should i suppose

A pokemon is inside a Pokeball. o_O

Seriously bro, a pokemon's inside a pokeball. I would explain the science of it to you, but uhhh, there is none.

The Pokemon is simply shrunk down and put inside the Pokeball. In the manga, the Pokeballs are semi-transparent and the Pokemon can see their Trainers and vice versa. They aren't kept in suspended animation though-Red's Pikachu was able to charge inside its Pokeball due to Red's electricity-proof gloves. That brings up the question of how the Pokemon eat when inside the Pokeball and what they do to pass the time when the aren't battling, I guess.

GyaradosPrime said:
^^umm advertisement?

I take it that there was some spam posted after me that was deleted before I saw it? Or were you implying that something I said was advertising the animé?

Dark Void said:
The Pokemon is simply shrunk down and put inside the Pokeball. In the manga, the Pokeballs are semi-transparent and the Pokemon can see their Trainers and vice versa. They aren't kept in suspended animation though-Red's Pikachu was able to charge inside its Pokeball due to Red's electricity-proof gloves. That brings up the question of how the Pokemon eat when inside the Pokeball and what they do to pass the time when the aren't battling, I guess.

That's just the manga, that doesn't include the games or anime where the Pokeballs aren't transparent. I was under the impression that in the games the Pokemon are put into suspended animation, and in the anime it's more of a resting place because the trainers often tell their Pokemon to "rest up" and they end up waking/healing between the time they're put in and taken out without having gone to a Pokecenter in between.

In the Manga theres also a 'Capture Net' which is the thing that actually catches the wild Pokemon.

I always thought that the pokemon was transferred into data like a portable pc box because thats pretty much what it is. Each pokeball would have their own landscape to match the pokemon, a dive ball would have a deep underwater scene for example.

POKEVORTEX said:
I take it that there was some spam posted after me that was deleted before I saw it?

yeah it was soneone who joined this month with one total post. the link was this because i wanted to check if it was topic related

href=http://www.webfitter.com

dont bother going there the page never loaded for me.

anyway i agree with frost wind how it would match the environment of the pokemon, i just think if you have 7 metapods they would all hang out together in a viridian forest type environment with each other. and if the wanted to leave their own environment they could go to a lake and hang out with your goldeen and magikarp.

and @hypnoticluxray, of course there isnt any science to it, thats why its lore :p its fun.

They all go to Las Vegas and are totally comped everything. Free food, free hotel, beautiful women bring them drinks. The different balls afford them different hotel rooms, but all are plush.

GyaradosPrime said:
I've always wanted to know. what are your opinions?

According to Robot Chicken, it's like a giant club inside the Pokeball, With Disco dancing and overall paradise.

I think that the red light shrinks them inside a pokeball to observe or rest till there healed in a pokemon center. In the manga it seems like that.

The real answer of what is actually inside a Pokeball is still unknown. However, I believe that the Pokemon are either shrunk or are digitalized to another realm of some sort. Pokemon can actually see what is going on outside of it's Pokeball and can come out any time, which supports the belief of them shrinking into a smaller size.

In the past, stone Pokeballs were made to house giant/heavy Pokemon, such as Claydols. Which could, again, mean that Pokemon are shrunk and spend their time inside to rest.

I say it's basically a shrunken day spa. There's a jacuzzi, sauna, and mud bath (not recommended for fire, poison, rock, electric, or steel types if applicable); and the weary Pokemon gets its very own shrunken personal assistant Chansey who stretches it and gives it massages to ready it for the next battle. :p

I would say there is a small house-like home inside, including a bed, food, water, restroom, living room, and tv room.

Back