Pokemon What is going to happen after arceus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beautiful-swablu

Aspiring Trainer
As we know Arceus has really good base stats and stuff and is the god pokemon. But it makes me wonder what will happen afterwards. If they bring out a 5th generation pokemon will want to keep us interested. But I don't think a new game will have as much hype as d/p if none of the next legendaries are as good as arceus. If arceus remains the pokemon with the best base stats and stuff then less people will take interest in any new pokemon.
So do you think that the 5th generation will have a pokemon equal in stats or something much greater? Or will arceus always remain the pokemon with the best base stats?

I don't think the stats will matter that much. They can release new Legendary Pokémon with better movepools than previous, which is also very important. And there are a lot of Johto Pokémon with worse stats than Kanto ones. It's no biggy.

Plus Arceus is difficult to get, and I know of many who dislike it as it is. Stats and movepools aren't everything you know.

My friend has that pokemon becase of my help and he never repayed me.

KG: Please don't spam. Post replies only if they are related to the topic of discussion.

hmmm. well think about all the legendaries they have so far:
Mewtwo-Clone
Mew - First Pokemon(Not a god, so in terms I guess he'd still be first)
Moltres - Fire Bird, he delt with summer.
Articuno - Dealt with snow
Zapdos - dealt with thunderstorms
Ho-oh - Not Sure
Lugia - Not Sure
Raikou- Not Sure
Entei - Not sure
Suicane - Not Sure
Celebi - Time Travel
Groudon - Made the continents
Kyogre - Made the ocean's
Three Regis- Made landforms and stuff
Rayquaza - Balanced out the weather
Jarchi - Wishing Pokemon

hmm you see there's a trend, i didnt list the d/p ones cause i'm sure you all know what they do.
sorry for spelling ^.^

Well I would say that the legends of the game aren't the main reason that people are interested in pokemon. Yeah it is nice to see legends that are greater than previous one's but with new abilities and types and better movepools pokemon can get better without an increase in stats.
I can see what you mean and in some aspects by announcing Arceus as 'God' pokemon it makes it difficult for another legendary to come into place but possible none the less.
Pokemon is however about strategy and the devising of great, interesting and enjoyable teams and that can be done without the introduction of new legends so Arceus hasn't ended Pokemon...
What will happen after Arceus... hmm it's debatable whether another pokemon game will ever be made is questionable although it must be very profitable for Nintendo so why they'd give it up I'm not sure...
They'll probably keep it going and bring a new region with new pokemans and probably types. That's what I'd expect!

who knows what will happen for the next gen of pokemon but htats in like 4 somthin years so it to early to think of anything.

Simple. We're just going to keep on going, but we'll have no second god Pokemon, unless they make an Arceustwo or something...

They shouldn't have made arceus in the first place. I mean god pokemon? Now if they want to get sued by all religious groups then go ahead. Nintendo's talking like an atheist.

Still the current generation of legendaries aren't as creative as the old ones. MAybe they're already out of ideas. So it would be ''darkrai feat. mewtwo'' or ''lugia accidentally blasted mew'' something like that.

I think that there will only be a gen5 and that will be the end. If you look at how well hte first games sold compared to the others, there is a noticable difference. After Kanto, half the pokemon fans left. trends move on, fasion moves on, and pokemon was the same old same old. IN japan, we have a completely different story. Pokemon is on every child and adults ds, and most people's life revolvesa round it. In the rest of the world, it is oging down, and that could cost nintendo seriously.

But anyways, in Gen five there will be some ultimate crazy made pokemon who is the strongest ever, was there with arceus in the beggining, but was the ruler of evil or something. arceus and the other guy have a huge war, (that would be a film in the anime) and Arceus wins, everyone is happy, everyone learns the truth of pokemon the end.

Then the next year they 'discover' 120 new pokemon, and there is a new generation -_-' .

I think it's kinda weird how no one in the universe has ever heard of future generation Pokemon, ever. Kanto is a single... what, country? and no one, even the mighty Professor Oak, could tell you what a Sentret is?

And if he could, why is Oak holding out on you? Why does he give you a silly, paltry version of the Pokedex that isn't even capable of recording data on them? Geez.

Also, just because Arceus is god of all Pokemon doesn't mean there can't be more legendary Pokemon below him in status.

I like the idea of two god Pokemon, one good and one evil. That'd be pretty neat.

I agree PMJ, its also weird because Kanto and Johto are connected, there is nothing actually dividing them.

And that two god pokemon idea is a good idea but I still wish they hadn't come up with arceus in the first place.

The idea of another "Original One" is pretty cool. I mean, if they're going to be talking deities here, they'll need to have a demonic Pokémon deity to counter Arceus. Arceus seems to have the power to create, so they might have a Pokémon with the power to destroy. Plus, take a look at the past and present legendaries.
Articuno- the embodiment of ice and blizzards.
Zapdos- the embodiment of thunder and storms.
Moltres- the embodiment of fire and the change of seasons(it symbolizes the arrival of spring).
Mewtwo- A clone of Mew.
Mew- has the ability to transform into any other Pokémon. Found in South America, so there must be some kind of relation to a real-world legend.
Entei- the embodiment of lightning.
Raikou- the embodiment of volcanos.
Suicune- the embodiment of the North Wind.
Ho-oh- the embodiment of the rainbow.
Lugia- the embodiment of the seas.
Celebi- symbolic of the forests worldwide.

There are still os many things that they can do with Pokémon.

Gardevoir_Milotic said:
The idea of another "Original One" is pretty cool. I mean, if they're going to be talking deities here, they'll need to have a demonic Pokémon deity to counter Arceus. Arceus seems to have the power to create, so they might have a Pokémon with the power to destroy. Plus, take a look at the past and present legendaries.
Moltres- the embodiment of fire and the change of seasons(it symbolizes the arrival of spring).
Mewtwo- A clone of Mew.
Mew- has the ability to transform into any other Pokémon. Found in South America, so there must be some kind of relation to a real-world legend.

You got Entei and Raikou mixed up.

DogMaster40 said:
Gardevoir_Milotic said:
Mewtwo- A clone of Mew.

no he didnt...

I wish Nintendo had never created Arecues. A god Pokemon? Come on! I do not think Arceus compares (in appearance, at least) to the other legendaries.

As for the future, I do believe Nintendo will create a fifth generation. I hope they get more creative. I do not know if it is just me, but I think each generation is odder than the previous.

They never officially anounced Arceus(as far as I know). So maybe they decided to drop it, after discovering it could cause some conflict. Though there have been many games with thier own religion(ex. The Elder Scrolls Series). And if you use an action replay to get, I look down on you:(.

MUCKSTER said:
DogMaster40 said:
Gardevoir_Milotic said:
Mewtwo- A clone of Mew.
Mew- has the ability to transform into any other Pokémon. Found in South America, so there must be some kind of relation to a real-world
legend.

no he didnt...
Yes he did... Anyway, just look at Mewtwo. Before generation IV, HE was the strongest Pokemon.

Groudon465 said:
Anyway, just look at Mewtwo. Before generation IV, HE was the strongest Pokemon.

And Mew was considered the ancestor of all the Pokemon, so it contradicts with Arceus' status as god, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back