What is "Break Evolution"?

Mr.dell

Aspiring Trainer
I have been hearing about this card, "Break Evolution", that may be coming out, what is this card rumored to do?

Truthfully no one knows. This is part of the XY8 set coming out in Japan after Bandit Ring. We're still getting that stuff revealed, to say nothing about the Legendary collection and the Togekiss EX/Emboar EX deck. We have no information on this new set, including break evolution. All we really know so far is that it will likely have Mewtwo EX, M. Mewtwo (Y) EX and M. Mewtwo (X) EX.

I was thinking about and: What if BREAK Pokémon (like Raichu BREAK) work like this?

BREAK Rule: If the previous stage that evolves to this Pokémon is in play, you may put this Pokémon on your Bench.

Think about the possibilities of that: one Pikachu for get 3 Raichu BREAK in play, for example.

And this would be a "Break evolution", and a brand new way of play evolutions. What do you think?

I'm hoping it becomes an ancient trait that does a rare candy effect. This would break evolution without having the item to skip the stage 1 evolution.
At the same time, the stage 1's would have a cool ability, making sure that pokemon doesn't make stage 1s useless.

I am really hoping that it is something similar to Lvl X.s back in Diamond/Pearl era. I loved those cards so much and were really cool. It would be neat to have a format with these big basic EX pokes and these big Break Evolved pokes.

I'm hoping it becomes an ancient trait that does a rare candy effect. This would break evolution without having the item to skip the stage 1 evolution.
At the same time, the stage 1's would have a cool ability, making sure that pokemon doesn't make stage 1s useless.

The problem with all the ideas like this is that it's just replicating a function that already exists within the game with other cards. I want to see something new.

Which is why I want something like can be placed immediately or evolved into to receive a bonus. Something that cannot be replicated by another card.

Maybe the BREAK cards can be placed as basics like EXs but they gain strength (whether with hp or attacks) if the previous evolutions are under them.

I personally think it will be something like Lv. X's from way back when, but with all these crazy features coming out (Ancient Traits, Team Flare Gear, etc.) who knows.

Back