Pokemon What Drives You Crazy in Pokémon?

Alakazam MT was the most recent stage 2 Alakazam. Abra MT had an ability that let you go straight to Alakazam.

Unsure what others may think, but having an HM Pokémon in every pokemon team is a total bummer. I often wished HM moves got their special slot that acts as a bonus to playable moves. Unfortunately, that will likely overthrow the entire Pokémon playing algorithm.

I was slow to accept megas due to this fact. There's definitely a lot of wasted potential both in that they could have made some cross-generational evolutions and incorporated some great designs in a permanent position and that now several pokemon are condemned (for lack of a better word) to never evolve, unless they retcon megas to allow NFEs to mega evolve.

I will never like Mega-Evolution because besides what I've mentioned, I also hate how the system is explained in-game and the methods required. I don't like the fact that Pokémon now have to wear "jewerly" in their heads, around wrists or necks and that the trainer also has to wear a bracelet and only through that is it activated. It looks artifical...if the bond between Pokémon and trainer exists, it doesn't need accessories!

Also, Mega-evolution leads to an "arms race" with new Megas appearing because it's expected to and then we have the fan favorites having more than one and the stupidity of Mega-Blaziken being introduced in Kalos when ASOR was on the horizon. Last but not least, it's stupid how Game Freak considers them "new Pokémon" and delivers a region way too poor on new Pokémon like Kalos!

Also, Mega-evolution leads to an "arms race" with new Megas appearing because it's expected to and then we have the fan favorites having more than one and the stupidity of Mega-Blaziken being introduced in Kalos when ASOR was on the horizon. Last but not least, it's stupid how Game Freak considers them "new Pokémon" and delivers a region way too poor on new Pokémon like Kalos!

Yeah but they market form changes as new Pokemon for some reason, but yeah XY were massively short changed, biggest region, smallest dex. It's a broken mechanic that's already defied the whole purpose they were made for but we're stuck with it now.

Unsure what others may think, but having an HM Pokémon in every pokemon team is a total bummer. I often wished HM moves got their special slot that acts as a bonus to playable moves. Unfortunately, that will likely overthrow the entire Pokémon playing algorithm.
Agreed. I find it dumb that Lapras can't swim unless you teach it surf, or that Talonflame can't fly unless you teach it fly.

Agreed. I find it dumb that Lapras can't swim unless you teach it surf, or that Talonflame can't fly unless you teach it fly.
Like, maybe they could make cut, rock smash, strength and waterfall more powerful. Surf is amaze. But cut and strength could become bug and fighting moves. And rock smash and cut more powerful. ANYTHING FOR SOME VIABILITY.

Also, I hate version exclusives. I mean, I know it's for the trading, but with competitive breeding, shinies, the GTS, link trade, and battles, I think we're doing enough connecting WITHOUT having to look for a Swirlix that doesn't ask for a Arceus.

That leads on to the GTS. Oh, man. This thing helped me through my Pokedex when I first finished Pokemon Y. But I had to turn on the "no special pokemon" button thing to even be able to access the trades that didn't ask for event pokemon. There should be tiers that take into account the level, Pokemon, evolution stage, item held and shiny pokemon.

:) That's all.

Worse yet is that GF even recognizes that whith that guy in a house to the south of Hoenn's Route 111 that has six Wingull inside his house and says that he thought that in order to fly he had to have a bunch of Flying type Pokémon and hang on to something!
The truth is that even by game mechanics, unabling Flying is dummy, because Pokémon should be able to do it but being limited to towns already visited, as it always has been.
As for the Surf thing, that would be a trouble for Pallet Town and building hometowns but I think that some solution could be worked out.

Worse yet is that GF even recognizes that whith that guy in a house to the south of Hoenn's Route 111 that has six Wingull inside his house and says that he thought that in order to fly he had to have a bunch of Flying type Pokémon and hang on to something!
The truth is that even by game mechanics, unabling Flying is dummy, because Pokémon should be able to do it but being limited to towns already visited, as it always has been.
As for the Surf thing, that would be a trouble for Pallet Town and building hometowns but I think that some solution could be worked out.

I think the most easy solution would be to have the Gym Badge requirement (even though it seems laughably illogical that a badge would somehow allow a Pokemon to swim) for HMs, and then just have the Pokemon be able to do it without the trouble of teaching it a move (which then needs to go to the move deleter to be deleted).

Fly could probably be done from the get go to be honest, considering I'd doubt they'd remove the only-able-to-visit-towns/cities-you've-already-been-to restriction.

You can thank Uri Geller for no Kadabra. He tried to sue Nintendo in 2000 under the claim that Kadabra copied him and portrayed him in an evil manner, so Nintendo played it safe and didn't print any more Kadabra.
To add to that, from Generation IV onwards, the Everstone will not stop a Kadabra from evolving. And only Kadabra- anyone who ever traded for a certain Haunter in Snowpoint City will attest to this fact. Hell, if you trade a Shelmet for a Karrablast and only one of them has an Everstone, neither of them evolve. Bulbapedia calls this a glitch, but I smell Geller's stink all over this. Granted, it's not often you'd trade a Kadabra without wanting it to evolve, but still, it's just screwy.

Oh god, where to begin...

- AI luck every battle facility ever
- every battle facility ever
- Mega Evolution and how it is explained in the games. It doesn't make a shred of sense (looking at you, ORAS). Also... greetings from Digimon.
- the fact that the games basically shove Mega Digivolution down your throat. I don't want your stupid Mega Ring or Mega Toilet Seat or whatever! Keep that crap to yourself, damn it!
- the fact that you have to Mega Digivolve Latias or Latios for that soaring thingy, even though they could have just as well made it without (like Ranger). It just seems so blatantly forced...
- the fact that, in the Delta Episode, you help people who killed lots of Pokémon for their own profit, with the Devon Corporation openly admitting that they used the same energy source for their stuff as the Ultimate Weapon did, that being the VERY LIVES OF POKÉMON!!! Dang, I wish my Groudon could just have Precipice Bladed that stupid Devon Corporation and that Professor Cozmo douchebag...
- the fact that they always said that Pokémon are friends and living creatures with feelings and all that jazz and the game still forces you to do the above. You're no better than Team Flare at this point...
- the fact that, also in the Delta Episode, weakling Rayquaza has to Mega Digivolve to destroy a meteor, which the clearly more badass one in PMD managed without such shenanigans with the raw power of its Hyper Beam.
- the fact that in B2W2 it is suddenly okay to fuse Reshiram or Zekrom with Kyurem even though it was clearly shown to be a painful experience for the former Pokémon before and that Ghetsis is evil for doing it. But it's okay when you do it, because you are the freaking protagonist and you are above all morals and stuff.
- the fact that you have to teach a bird how to fly and a fish how to swim. They should just incorporate the HMs as passive overworld abilities that a Pokémon just has on its own. And also, with Fly and Surf, the Pokémon should be of a certain size to do it (kind of like they did in Ranger)
- the fact that the movepools don't make any sense (why can Slurpuff learn Drain Punch while Machamp and Blaziken can't?)
- the fact that the type advantages of fairy Pokémon don't make any sense. Show me one myth were fairies (not elves (!)) are actually able to kill dragons
- the fact that they wanted to balance out the game by introducing fairies but all they did was slaughtering the viability of dark-types such as Hydreigon
- Pokémon that I hate that are actually useful (like Conkeldurr, Infernape, Darkrai, Clefable etc.)
- Pokémon that I like that are next to useless (Charizard, Pidgeot (discounting their Megas), Tauros, Lapras, Glaceon, Skuntank, Tyrantrum, Druddigon etc.)
- the fact that legendaries are always portrayed like some god-like beings and then you can just easily capture them in a Pokéball... and you are even able to defeat them with some no-name losers (by comparison)
- the fact that they keep reusing concepts for legendaries:
Lugia, guardian of the sea; Kyogre, creator of the sea; Manaphy, prince of the sea
Entei creates volcanoes when roaring; Heatran is the embodiment of volcanoes
Groudon created the land and continents; Regigigas pulled continents by a rope (What? What the hell where they smoking at Pokémon Co. HQ?)
Palkia, deity and creator of space; Hoopa, can manipulate space
Ho-Oh, gives life; Xerneas, gives life
Mewtwo, artificially created/resurrected; Genesect, artificially created/resurrected
Kyogre and Groudon fighting each other, Rayquaza calming them; Thundurus and Tornadus fighting each other, Landorus calming them
- the fact that they keep reusing Pokémon designs and concepts:
there is always a useless rodent (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat, Bunnelby)
there is always a next to useless bird (Pidgey/Spearow, Hoothoot, Wingull/Taillow, Starly, Pidove, Fletchling (discounting HA)
there is always an obnoxious Pikachu-wannabe (Pichu/Marill, Plusle/Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne)
there is always a trio of legendaries (birds, beasts, golems, lake folks, musketeers, djinns)
- the fact that Gen V is mostly a giant rehash of older generations:
Gothitelle and pre-evolutions are a rehash of Gardevoir and pre-evolutions
Foongus and Amoongus are rehashed Voltorb and Electrode (even the concept is the same (pretending to be an item))
Garbodor is a rehashed Weezing and Muk
Conkeldurr is a rehashed Machamp (even the concept is the same (trade evolution)), same for Gigalith and Golem
Zebstrika is a rehashed Rapidash (arguably, since both are some kind of horse)
Emolga is a rehashed Pikachu
Virizion is a grown up Shaymin Sky Form
Basculin is a rehashed Magikarp (both are the most common water types in lakes and rivers in their respective generations)
Frillish is Tentacool with a ghost type (both are the only things you find while swimming in the ocean in their respective generations)
Zoroark is Lucario with a dark type and a useless gimmick
Sawsbuck is a (arguably better designed) rehash of Stantler (both are deers)
Ferroseed and Ferrothorn are Pineco and Forretress with a grass type

Sorry for the long post.

- Mega Evolution and how it is explained in the games. It doesn't make a shred of sense (looking at you, ORAS). Also... greetings from Digimon. I'm pretty sure most of the MS in ORAS were made artificially, as they don't have those petrified Pokémon that Kalos has.
- the fact that the games basically shove Mega Digivolution down your throat. I don't want your stupid Mega Ring or Mega Toilet Seat or whatever! Keep that crap to yourself, damn it! Hmm. I'd actually like to pick which Mega starter thing you end up with. I don't like that you always end up with a ring or whatever it was called in ORAS.
- the fact that you have to Mega Digivolve Latias or Latios for that soaring thingy, even though they could have just as well made it without (like Ranger). It just seems so blatantly forced... Because Legendaries are weaker in main series games?
- the fact that, in the Delta Episode, you help people who killed lots of Pokémon for their own profit, with the Devon Corporation openly admitting that they used the same energy source for their stuff as the Ultimate Weapon did, that being the VERY LIVES OF POKÉMON!!! Dang, I wish my Groudon could just have Precipice Bladed that stupid Devon Corporation and that Professor Cozmo douchebag... Because when the world is about to end, moral dilemas is the first thing you should think of.
- the fact that they always said that Pokémon are friends and living creatures with feelings and all that jazz and the game still forces you to do the above. You're no better than Team Flare at this point... But unlike Team Flare, you were trying to save the world!
- the fact that, also in the Delta Episode, weakling Rayquaza has to Mega Digivolve to destroy a meteor, which the clearly more badass one in PMD managed without such shenanigans with the raw power of its Hyper Beam. Because Legendaries are weaker in main series games?
- the fact that in B2W2 it is suddenly okay to fuse Reshiram or Zekrom with Kyurem even though it was clearly shown to be a painful experience for the former Pokémon before and that Ghetsis is evil for doing it. But it's okay when you do it, because you are the freaking protagonist and you are above all morals and stuff. True, but maybe the protagonist sides with Kyurem and his desire to not be empty anymore, instead of what Reshiram and Zekrom think.
- the fact that you have to teach a bird how to fly and a fish how to swim. They should just incorporate the HMs as passive overworld abilities that a Pokémon just has on its own. And also, with Fly and Surf, the Pokémon should be of a certain size to do it (kind of like they did in Ranger)
- the fact that the movepools don't make any sense (why can Slurpuff learn Drain Punch while Machamp and Blaziken can't?)
- the fact that the type advantages of fairy Pokémon don't make any sense. Show me one myth were fairies (not elves (!)) are actually able to kill dragons Fairytales? I know it's not a fairy doing it, but...
- the fact that they wanted to balance out the game by introducing fairies but all they did was slaughtering the viability of dark-types such as Hydreigon Sableye and Spiritomb needed a weakness somewhere. Though, the Tynamo line still don't have weaknesses...
- Pokémon that I hate that are actually useful (like Conkeldurr, Infernape, Darkrai, Clefable etc.)
- Pokémon that I like that are next to useless (Charizard, Pidgeot (discounting their Megas), Tauros, Lapras, Glaceon, Skuntank, Tyrantrum, Druddigon etc.)
- the fact that legendaries are always portrayed like some god-like beings and then you can just easily capture them in a Pokéball... and you are even able to defeat them with some no-name losers (by comparison)
Lugia, guardian of the sea; Kyogre, creator of the sea; Manaphy, prince of the sea
Entei creates volcanoes when roaring; Heatran is the embodiment of volcanoes Volcanion is also the embodiment of Volcanoes.
Groudon created the land and continents; Regigigas pulled continents by a rope (What? What the hell where they smoking at Pokémon Co. HQ?)
Mewtwo, artificially created/resurrected; Genesect, artificially created/resurrected
Kyogre and Groudon fighting each other, Rayquaza calming them; Thundurus and Tornadus fighting each other, Landorus calming them
You forgot: Dialga deity and creator of space and Celebi travels through space.
there is always a useless rodent (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat, Bunnelby) Sentret, Zigzagoon and Bunnelby aren't actually rodents and Patrat is only half rodent.
there is always a next to useless bird (Pidgey/Spearow, Hoothoot, Wingull/Taillow, Starly, Pidove, Fletchling (discounting HA) Starly and Fletchling are actually quite useful. (what is HA?)
there is always an obnoxious Pikachu-wannabe (Pichu/Marill, Plusle/Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne) You forgot Pichu
there is always a trio of legendaries (birds, beasts, golems, lake folks, musketeers, djinns) Muskdeers isn't a trio and the others, (excluding Forces of Nature) are debatable. BTW, you forgot the Weather, Creation and Tao trios.
Gothitelle and pre-evolutions are a rehash of Gardevoir and pre-evolutions I think of them as more like Jynx, as they have those pouty/puckered lips and "dresses".
Foongus and Amoongus are rehashed Voltorb and Electrode (even the concept is the same (pretending to be an item))
Garbodor is a rehashed Weezing and Muk We needed a Pokémon to represent land pollution.
Conkeldurr is a rehashed Machamp (even the concept is the same (trade evolution)), same for Gigalith and Golem
Zebstrika is a rehashed Rapidash (arguably, since both are some kind of horse) Zebstrika is a Zebra, so it's some kind of Equine, which is less derogatory than saying "some kind of horse".
Emolga is a rehashed Pikachu You already said that and if anything, it's a rehash of Pachirisu.
Basculin is a rehashed Magikarp (both are the most common water types in lakes and rivers in their respective generations) 'Cept Basculin comes in two forms, can't evolve and doesn't learn Splash.
Frillish is Tentacool with a ghost type (both are the only things you find while swimming in the ocean in their respective generations)

Sorry for the long post.
Responses in bold.

- Mega Evolution and how it is explained in the games. It doesn't make a shred of sense (looking at you, ORAS). Also... greetings from Digimon.
- the fact that the games basically shove Mega Digivolution down your throat. I don't want your stupid Mega Ring or Mega Toilet Seat or whatever! Keep that crap to yourself, damn it!
- the fact that you have to Mega Digivolve Latias or Latios for that soaring thingy, even though they could have just as well made it without (like Ranger). It just seems so blatantly forced...
- the fact that, in the Delta Episode, you help people who killed lots of Pokémon for their own profit, with the Devon Corporation openly admitting that they used the same energy source for their stuff as the Ultimate Weapon did, that being the VERY LIVES OF POKÉMON!!! Dang, I wish my Groudon could just have Precipice Bladed that stupid Devon Corporation and that Professor Cozmo douchebag...
- the fact that they always said that Pokémon are friends and living creatures with feelings and all that jazz and the game still forces you to do the above. You're no better than Team Flare at this point...
- the fact that, also in the Delta Episode, weakling Rayquaza has to Mega Digivolve to destroy a meteor, which the clearly more badass one in PMD managed without such shenanigans with the raw power of its Hyper Beam.
- the fact that in B2W2 it is suddenly okay to fuse Reshiram or Zekrom with Kyurem even though it was clearly shown to be a painful experience for the former Pokémon before and that Ghetsis is evil for doing it. But it's okay when you do it, because you are the freaking protagonist and you are above all morals and stuff.
- the fact that the type advantages of fairy Pokémon don't make any sense. Show me one myth were fairies (not elves (!)) are actually able to kill dragons
- the fact that they wanted to balance out the game by introducing fairies but all they did was slaughtering the viability of dark-types such as Hydreigon
Entei creates volcanoes when roaring; Heatran is the embodiment of volcanoes
there is always a useless rodent (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat, Bunnelby)
there is always a next to useless bird (Pidgey/Spearow, Hoothoot, Wingull/Taillow, Starly, Pidove, Fletchling (discounting HA)
there is always an obnoxious Pikachu-wannabe (Pichu/Marill, Plusle/Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne)
there is always a trio of legendaries (birds, beasts, golems, lake folks, musketeers, djinns)
Gothitelle and pre-evolutions are a rehash of Gardevoir and pre-evolutions
Garbodor is a rehashed Weezing and Muk
Zebstrika is a rehashed Rapidash (arguably, since both are some kind of horse)
Emolga is a rehashed Pikachu
Basculin is a rehashed Magikarp (both are the most common water types in lakes and rivers in their respective generations)

Sorry for the long post.

Finnaly there's someone here that share the same opinion about how ridiculous Mega-evolution is!!
About the Devon Corporation...the original Hoen games were better and I hold those as canon, not this games that have Lumiose's Tower in the middle of Mauville like it makes any sense and are poor remakes that even don't follow Emerald.

Well, about Pokémon being useless or not, since you have that idea about Mega-evolution and principles applied to the main character, why does it matters if they're useless or not? All that is important is that you have fun! As a mainly Grass-type trainer I went through the difficulties of trying to have possible good teams and advocating certain changes in types-matchups to make a difference for the Grass-type but I was mostly doing it out of fear. I've learned that each Pokémon is unique and if I like it, then it's more than ok, wether it's a Sunkern or a Serperior. Also, people have the right to have a Pokémon based on their favorites creatures! You've mentioned Spearow and Rattata and while I saw these as not important, in my first playthrough of LG, Fearow was my Bird-type Pokémon and in one of my next playthroughs, having Raticate in my team was great and ever since then that I've changed my mind about Pokémon. Look deaper and start spending a lot more time with those Pokémon and you might find some surprise!

When it comes to catching deity-like Pokémon I agree, more so when it comes to Arceus - the creator of the universe inside a mere Pkball! As for using the same concepts on different Pokémon, that's not unthinkable because in real world there are deities with more or less the same background and functions but are from different regions and people, so I'm ok with it!

PS: unfortunately, Basculin is not a Magikarp rehash but just a filler because the creators though that Isshu had too few Water-type Pokémon (I've read it here somewhere and recently).
Emolga and all other Electric rodents are just that: a trend that keeps going and that makes every generation have its Electric rodent (Pikachu - Pichu - Minum & Plusle -Pachirisu - Emolga - Dedenne).
Garbordor follows the trend of having Poison blob-like Pokémon in every unpair generations: Muk - 1; Swalot - 3; Garbordor - 5)
As for Gen. 5 Pokémon, there's also been a discussion here (there's also a list made by Mitja) that shows how almost every - if not all - have a "link" to Gen. 1 Pokémon.

Last edited:
Well for one, I really hate it when people draw Pidgeot too small. Its a 4 foot 7 inch bird that will not be standing on someone arm. I even saw a mega pidgeot the size of pikachu.

Another thing I hate is stealth rock.

What drives me a bit crazy are the Events!
In the beginning it was ok, as we got them through the Internet/Wi-Fi. Now we only get them from in-shop Events!
More and more of those Events have stopped coming to my country (Norway), even though the rest of Europe gets them. I hate it that no game shops here ever got Meloetta...! And I fear that the same thing will happen to Hoopa! :(
No, bring back the Wi-Fi downloading. Then at least everybody gets a chance.

What drives me a bit crazy are the Events!
In the beginning it was ok, as we got them through the Internet/Wi-Fi. Now we only get them from in-shop Events!
More and more of those Events have stopped coming to my country (Norway), even though the rest of Europe gets them. I hate it that no game shops here ever got Meloetta...! And I fear that the same thing will happen to Hoopa! :(
No, bring back the Wi-Fi downloading. Then at least everybody gets a chance.
This. And if they must do in-store events, then at least go back to the wireless download deal, instead of that serial code crap. I can't be the only one who prefers to sit outside the store and just download the event Pokémon onto multiple games.

Nothing annoyed me more in Pokemon, then Jigglypuff from the anime. Seriously, this thing was funny the first couple of times, but then the producers decided to keep on showing it. The whole sleeping thing, with sharpie on their face afterwards got old fast. I am re-watching the Pokemon anime, and nearly stopped watching due to this.

Nothing annoyed me more in Pokemon, then Jigglypuff from the anime. Seriously, this thing was funny the first couple of times, but then the producers decided to keep on showing it. The whole sleeping thing, with sharpie on their face afterwards got old fast. I am re-watching the Pokemon anime, and nearly stopped watching due to this.

After a while the episodes with Jigglypuff are tired but I thinks it pays in the end by seeing Brock having painted eyes and Misty with a mustache! Also, Pikachu and Togepi don't escape! :D

- the fact that, in the Delta Episode, you help people who killed lots of Pokémon for their own profit, with the Devon Corporation openly admitting that they used the same energy source for their stuff as the Ultimate Weapon did, that being the VERY LIVES OF POKÉMON!!! Dang, I wish my Groudon could just have Precipice Bladed that stupid Devon Corporation and that Professor Cozmo d*****bag...

Actually, you're most likely wrong. I did a bit of research, and I found something that proves that the Devon Corporation doesn't kill Pokémon. Confidential documents can be found all around Sea Mauville, and one of them reveals that Devon found an alternative method for creating Infinity Energy. Rather than using Pokémon life force, it uses Pokémon bioenergy. In real life, bioenergy is a renewable source of energy that can be obtained from biomass (anything that comes from a living organism.) So, if it contains Pokémon DNA, it can create Infinity Energy, a source of energy that is renewable, has no negative side effects, and can be obtained without killing Pokémon.

I'm playing Leaf Green again and it's becoming more and more obvious that I've used almost every single evolution line at least once in past playthroughs and that I know where every secret item is. It feels so restricting and linear. I used to love these games for its customization but if I know everything it feels pointless. When I learned that you could only get a Feebas by fishing in very specific areas that blew my mind. It made me wonder if there was anything else like that.

X/Y did a good job challenging this with a small new dex spread across a new region and items and events that people could speculate on. But it still didn't do nearly enough to really change anything. It wafted the meta game a little with a sheet of paper with Mega Evos and nothing else.
I guess what makes me crazy is that Pokemon is doing next to nothing to challenge itself or make something new. Despite having amazing amounts of potential the series squanders it by repeating itself. Almost 20 years, four moves, random battles, defeat villains, become champ, roll credits.

You have Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Rumble, Dash, Pokken, Snap, Conquest. We know they can come up with some interesting ideas. Is the fear of introducing anything new to the main series that intimidating? Can we get out of this Dragon Quest kind of mindset and do something new for once?
Maybe I'm too fat and just play too much Pokemon and hate the internet for spoiling my childlike curiosity.

I'm playing Leaf Green again and it's becoming more and more obvious that I've used almost every single evolution line at least once in past playthroughs and that I know where every secret item is. It feels so restricting and linear. I used to love these games for its customization but if I know everything it feels pointless. When I learned that you could only get a Feebas by fishing in very specific areas that blew my mind. It made me wonder if there was anything else like that.

X/Y did a good job challenging this with a small new dex spread across a new region and items and events that people could speculate on. But it still didn't do nearly enough to really change anything. It wafted the meta game a little with a sheet of paper with Mega Evos and nothing else.
I guess what makes me crazy is that Pokemon is doing next to nothing to challenge itself or make something new. Despite having amazing amounts of potential the series squanders it by repeating itself. Almost 20 years, four moves, random battles, defeat villains, become champ, roll credits.

You have Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Rumble, Dash, Pokken, Snap, Conquest. We know they can come up with some interesting ideas. Is the fear of introducing anything new to the main series that intimidating? Can we get out of this Dragon Quest kind of mindset and do something new for once?
Maybe I'm too fat and just play too much Pokemon and hate the internet for spoiling my childlike curiosity.

It isn't just you and while it doesn't have to do with playing too much it likely has something to do with playing the series for a long time. After a while we even know that areas that don't have nothing are likely to be hidding unseen items. I think the number of players wanting changes or at least betting more on spin-off games has been increasing. Pokémon feel tired with always looking for new fans and in doing so it repeats the formula. In the beginning it was nice to be a trainer, it was great, but now it all we'll ever be in the main series and this series is the one that's getting almost all the spotlight.

Back