Pokemon What Drives You Crazy in Pokémon?

As for character customisation, yeah it should been stapple ever since, just like Pokémon following us and the toutch-screen-friendly Dex from HG. This game is so amazing and I hated to have that C-gear in Isshu.
Exactly! I mean, I can sort of see them wanting to keep certain things exclusive to certain regions, but not if we can go years without getting a new game with that region! And customization in particular- I mean, just making that exclusive to Kalos is just plain stupid.

To a certain extent, I can understand Gyarados Flying type as it's based on wind streamers. As for M.Gyarados being Dark...it just seems like giving a type fitting of it's face and contribute to the "meanie" reputation.
Gyarados based on wind streamers? I'll admit I never thought of that. Still, though, it wouldn't kill them to put a couple of Flying moves into its movepool. Or maybe raise its Special Attack- I knew I forgot to mention something! I was pissed that Gyarados's Special stat became its Special Defense, while its Special Attack plummeted. I see no reason why Gyarados shouldn't be able to pull off special attacks effectively.

As a fan of Poison Pokémon and namely Weezing, while I do agree I also like it since it makes that only those who like train it!
Not a bad point, but I'd still like it if they improved it just a bit. I still like using my own Weezing, no question.

Like I've been saying, shinies were a nice thing that could and should have been expanded but it's now a collector's thing. We had different coloured Pokémon in the anime for years and only now has GF came up with it and only applied to Vivillion. Worse yet, shinies are now falling into democracy, with pre-Gen. VI shinies being vintage.
Yeah, Shinies seem to be going down in value due to all the cheating people insist on doing. It's a part of why I don't take traded Shinies into my collection (except the Flareon, and I only made an exception because it was my brother's and I was there when he first got it).

What's bad with LG/FR ost? I like it, even the Sevii (Johto) themes. I felt like it was a nice follow up and evolution to Gen. I. It surely wasn't the same but it was good and brought the memories while making new ones.
I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that something about it just... it didn't entirely recapture the feeling of Generation I, I guess. I'm not entirely sure how to explain it, really.

Exactly! I mean, I can sort of see them wanting to keep certain things exclusive to certain regions, but not if we can go years without getting a new game with that region! And customization in particular- I mean, just making that exclusive to Kalos is just plain stupid.

Gyarados based on wind streamers? I'll admit I never thought of that. Still, though, it wouldn't kill them to put a couple of Flying moves into its movepool. Or maybe raise its Special Attack- I knew I forgot to mention something! I was pissed that Gyarados's Special stat became its Special Defense, while its Special Attack plummeted. I see no reason why Gyarados shouldn't be able to pull off special attacks effectively.

Not a bad point, but I'd still like it if they improved it just a bit. I still like using my own Weezing, no question.

Yeah, Shinies seem to be going down in value due to all the cheating people insist on doing. It's a part of why I don't take traded Shinies into my collection (except the Flareon, and I only made an exception because it was my brother's and I was there when he first got it).

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying that something about it just... it didn't entirely recapture the feeling of Generation I, I guess. I'm not entirely sure how to explain it, really.

I only knew about Gyarados a couple of years ago! Yeah, Flying moves would indeed be welcomed.

I don't know Weezing's value in competitive grounds but I usually like to train less used and know Pokémon and I think Weezing is one of those. Not only that but I've loved it since seeing James' Koffing in the anime and truth be told I have a nice Weezing in HG but I loved it more as a Weezing with that smile on its face.

I'm not even talking about cheating, I'm actually talking how they've become easier to find! If most people can have it, what's the value of being shiny?

My bad, I didn't meant "bad", I was wondering what made you think that way. Since it's about music I understand the difficulty in sometimes explaining stuff about it! ;)

I only knew about Gyarados a couple of years ago! Yeah, Flying moves would indeed be welcomed.
Question is, what Flying moves? Since it learns Twister, Hurricane or Gust wouldn't seem out of the question, but I think we'd all prefer something that goes with its Attack stat. Brave Bird comes to mind, actually- Gyarados might not be a bird, but hey, neither is Crobat.

I don't know Weezing's value in competitive grounds but I usually like to train less used and know Pokémon and I think Weezing is one of those. Not only that but I've loved it since seeing James' Koffing in the anime and truth be told I have a nice Weezing in HG but I loved it more as a Weezing with that smile on its face.
Weezing isn't as popular competitively as it used to be, but it's still pretty good at taking physical hits (and Levitate cutting the number of weaknesses it has in half doesn't exactly hurt, either). I have a tendency to train less popular Pokémon myself, too- my team in HeartGold was Typhlosion, Togekiss, Weezing, Victreebel, Dunsparce, and Qwilfish. Alright, the first two aren't that unpopular, but it's not like I only like unpopular Pokémon.

I'm not even talking about cheating, I'm actually talking how they've become easier to find! If most people can have it, what's the value of being shiny?
Ahh, OK. Yeah, I guess I could see that. Still feels pretty good when you find one, though. I remember I was trying to do a mono-Dark playthrough of X once. I was going through the tall grass on Route 5, looking for a Pancham. I look at the screen as something appears, I see a Furfrou silhouette, I turn away... and then I hear it sparkle. As far as I'm concerned, that feeling you get when you find and catch a Shiny makes it worth it. Even if Shinies aren't worth as much these days, I still treasure my collection of Shinies.

My bad, I didn't meant "bad", I was wondering what made you think that way. Since it's about music I understand the difficulty in sometimes explaining stuff about it! ;)
Ah, OK. I dunno, it's just... when I hear FR/LG's Gym battle music, it doesn't really make me think back to when I'd battle Gym Leaders in Generation I, whereas OR/AS's Gym Leader battle music brings back fond memories of using Pelipper's Protect to take advantage of the first Slaking's Truant, and using Wynaut's Destiny Bond as a last-ditch effort against the other Slaking, back in the original Ruby. I think the problem is that FR/LG tried to improve the songs themselves, whereas OR/AS did the same songs as the originals, just with better instruments. I think.

I've only found a few shinies in Gen 6 games, which I found way more in gen 3 games. I know the rate is higher, but it feels lower to me...

I've only found a few shinies in Gen 6 games, which I found way more in gen 3 games. I know the rate is higher, but it feels lower to me...

The rate is important but the chain fishing and the friends areas or whatever it is...it's now too much easier! After you see a thread that has a lot of posts about shiny hunting, you see how it is...it's like "mass murder" that won't end! It's like seeing that first movie's scene where Mewtwo just lifts a herd of Tauros and grunts are just throwing Pkballs! GF did the same.
My biggest number of shinies came from HG and that's because it's a game where I'm almost reaching 999 hours of gameplay and I've decided to walk through grass whenever I get the change!
Shinies were fun when they were rarer, namely because the moments when people found those were lucky moments are remembered. Now people just hunt, with a goal in mind, more statistics...

Last edited:
Question is, what Flying moves? Since it learns Twister, Hurricane or Gust wouldn't seem out of the question, but I think we'd all prefer something that goes with its Attack stat. Brave Bird comes to mind, actually- Gyarados might not be a bird, but hey, neither is Crobat.

Weezing isn't as popular competitively as it used to be, but it's still pretty good at taking physical hits (and Levitate cutting the number of weaknesses it has in half doesn't exactly hurt, either). I have a tendency to train less popular Pokémon myself, too- my team in HeartGold was Typhlosion, Togekiss, Weezing, Victreebel, Dunsparce, and Qwilfish. Alright, the first two aren't that unpopular, but it's not like I only like unpopular Pokémon.

Ahh, OK. Yeah, I guess I could see that. Still feels pretty good when you find one, though. I remember I was trying to do a mono-Dark playthrough of X once. I was going through the tall grass on Route 5, looking for a Pancham. I look at the screen as something appears, I see a Furfrou silhouette, I turn away... and then I hear it sparkle. As far as I'm concerned, that feeling you get when you find and catch a Shiny makes it worth it. Even if Shinies aren't worth as much these days, I still treasure my collection of Shinies.

Ah, OK. I dunno, it's just... when I hear FR/LG's Gym battle music, it doesn't really make me think back to when I'd battle Gym Leaders in Generation I, whereas OR/AS's Gym Leader battle music brings back fond memories of using Pelipper's Protect to take advantage of the first Slaking's Truant, and using Wynaut's Destiny Bond as a last-ditch effort against the other Slaking, back in the original Ruby. I think the problem is that FR/LG tried to improve the songs themselves, whereas OR/AS did the same songs as the originals, just with better instruments. I think.

Aerial Ace perhaps?

As a Grass type trainer first and Poison second, I know what you're talking about! That said, I still have to find time to train a Qwilfish!

I say to you what I've said above this post to Blob55 - those moments are now mostly lostly with people going for hunts!

Hum...it's tough to speak when it's very subject. For example, I like Gen. I and HG Vermilion's music more than LG because I find this last too much like the original...there's a bigger appeal to nostalgia and memories because things are different even in the locations! I haven't played ASOR and I won't exactly because I don't like the way things are in that game and I still play Ememrald from time to time so memories are still there. The only one I like is the Aqua Grunts and I think that's because the Aqua grunts were the only thing I like compared to the original.

Aerial Ace perhaps?
That could work too, though I'd still like something a bit more powerful. It'd be like Hydregon's best Dragon move being Dragon Breath, y'know?

As a Grass type trainer first and Poison second, I know what you're talking about! That said, I still have to find time to train a Qwilfish!
Qwilfish is my favorite Water-type! :) I actually have a Qwilfish from FireRed that I trained up, specifically so it would have Swords Dance. I keep meaning to breed and train one with Intimidate, but I've yet to get around to it.

That could work too, though I'd still like something a bit more powerful. It'd be like Hydregon's best Dragon move being Dragon Breath, y'know?

Qwilfish is my favorite Water-type! :) I actually have a Qwilfish from FireRed that I trained up, specifically so it would have Swords Dance. I keep meaning to breed and train one with Intimidate, but I've yet to get around to it.

Yeah, I can understand.

I've only recently saw Qwilfish with other set of eyes because there was a change in its sprite. I seriously can't train Pokémon that I like but look wrong. Qwilfish always seems like flat instead of a ballon with spikes.
My favorite Water has to be either Starmie or Omastar but when it comes to Water and Poison, Tentacruel!

The thing that bugs me is that mainstream Pokemon games are on a DS and I can't afford a DS ;-;

The fact that in X it only ever rains when I don't have my sliggoo in my party (I swear Goodra is gonna be the last pokemon I need to finish my dex).

Something that makes me scratch my head often is shedinja, a completely inanimate husk that can only float, with no exposed claws, yet it's a physical attacker with a larger physical movepool. I guess this is the result of the gen 4 type changes, but shedinja is one of those pokemon that really need it's stats reversed. Shadow Sneak and access to physical boosting moves are alright I guess.. but makes no sense.

Heck, the developers didn't even give him a physical attacking animation for battle revolution nor x/y..

The main thing that drives me crazy when it comes to Pokémon is the amount of filler in the sets. There's no reason they can't put more effort into making cards viable. Give us more abilities to play with, more ways to boost stage 2 decks, different strategies to play with. Just stop making a majority of the sets filler.

The secondary thing is how expensive foil energy cards are. Wish they would release more.

Hum...Mega-evolutions namely because some of the designs are great but temporary and some Pokémon deserved an actual evolution and not just some make-up focused on battles

I was slow to accept megas due to this fact. There's definitely a lot of wasted potential both in that they could have made some cross-generational evolutions and incorporated some great designs in a permanent position and that now several pokemon are condemned (for lack of a better word) to never evolve, unless they retcon megas to allow NFEs to mega evolve.

In the TCG its the lack of consistency with what goes into sets. Entei/Raikou EX for example, and 3 years later still no suicune EX. On top of that the numerous multiple prints of the same pokemon (ultras specifically - its understandable for regular rarities) - how many kyurem EXs do we need? One of those could have been suicune.

In the TCG its the lack of consistency with what goes into sets. Entei/Raikou EX for example, and 3 years later still no suicune EX. On top of that the numerous multiple prints of the same pokemon (ultras specifically - its understandable for regular rarities) - how many kyurem EXs do we need? One of those could have been suicune.
Adding on to this: Lilligant hasn't been in a set since BCR, but several Pokémon [Hawlcuha, Gliscor line, Gourgiest line] have had multiple prints since then.

I for one loathe it when Pokémon, like Braixen look girly, but are actually rarely female! Other such Pokémon are the Chikorita line, Espeon, Glaceon, Panpour line, Amaura line and Sylveon. Why make any of them particularly girly looking? What were they thinking?!
I don't mind Pokémon like Gardevoir, but that's because it's 50/50 and there's Gallade.

At least they didn't screw up as much with the male-looking Pokémon, well, other than Snubbull.
when trainers are preschoolers but you have to be at least ten to become a trainer

Adding on to this: Lilligant hasn't been in a set since BCR, but several Pokémon [Hawlcuha, Gliscor line, Gourgiest line] have had multiple prints since then.
Adding on to that: Kadabra hasn't been in a set since Skyridge.
Had to get that out of the way.

I think what bothers me the most is, while trying to fill the Pokédex, the lack of an easy way to transfer Pokémon between XY and ORAS (PokéBank doesn't count). It's possible to get every non-event Pokémon in the two games combined, but you need to actually get them into one game or the other.

Adding on to that: Kadabra hasn't been in a set since Skyridge.
Had to get that out of the way.

I think what bothers me the most is, while trying to fill the Pokédex, the lack of an easy way to transfer Pokémon between XY and ORAS (PokéBank doesn't count). It's possible to get every non-event Pokémon in the two games combined, but you need to actually get them into one game or the other.

You can thank Uri Geller for no Kadabra. He tried to sue Nintendo in 2000 under the claim that Kadabra copied him and portrayed him in an evil manner, so Nintendo played it safe and didn't print any more Kadabra.

You can thank Uri Geller for no Kadabra. He tried to sue Nintendo in 2000 under the claim that Kadabra copied him and portrayed him in an evil manner, so Nintendo played it safe and didn't print any more Kadabra.
Yeah. It's bothered me since I learned about it that Uri Geller didn't actually win the lawsuit, but Nintendo didn't want to provoke him, so we don't get any more Kadabra, and by extension Abra and Alakazam, anyway.
I thought maybe Mega Alakazam was a sign that Alakazam would be returning to the TCG – they could print an Alakazam-EX without printing a Kadabra, but so far, no luck.

Back