Discussion What Different Pokemon Supporters, Items and Stadiums do You Want to See?

I would love to see support for the Colorless type. It's like they don't see this as an actual type, which is a huge problem.

Since everyone's pretty much just been agreeing with each other's ideas in this whole thread, I'm gonna go ahead and throw in some criticism. The way I see it, the whole point of the colorless type is that it doesn't have support, but is extremely splashable because it uses any color energy to attack. If there were lots of colorless support, it would probably make the type too overpowered, because we'd have cards like DCE that already help colorless attackers by providing them two energy, plus other forms of support, like energy acceleration, healing, etc. that would make the type too good. A card like Silvally, for example, would wreak havoc on the metagame if it had some reliable damage boosters (besides Choice Band, because 30 extra isn't really enough to make it hit very hard), and especially so if those damage boosters were colorless-type specific. If that were the case, certain previously underwhelming cards would start to become increasingly overpowered and we might have some balance issues. So, while I like the idea of colorless support at first glance, I feel that it would be hard to balance because of how the fact that colorless types can fit into any deck. Basically, the way I see colorless Pokemon remaining balanced is by not having archetypes of their own, but by being strong support Pokemon in other decks that need them.

*EDIT*: I read past page 1 and realized everyone wasn't in agreement in this thread. Still, I'd like to hear your ideas on what colorless support would make the type a bit more unique, but not break it. I lurk on the forums a lot, and I always find your posts well-reasoned and interesting.

Last edited:
Since everyone's pretty much just been agreeing with each other's ideas in this whole thread, I'm gonna go ahead and throw in some criticism. The way I see it, the whole point of the colorless type is that it doesn't have support, but is extremely splashable because it uses any color energy to attack. If there were lots of colorless support, it would probably make the type too overpowered, because we'd have cards like DCE that already help colorless attackers by providing them two energy, plus other forms of support, like energy acceleration, healing, etc. that would make the type too good. A card like Silvally, for example, would wreak havoc on the metagame if it had some reliable damage boosters (besides Choice Band, because 30 extra isn't really enough to make it hit very hard), and especially so if those damage boosters were colorless-type specific. If that were the case, certain previously underwhelming cards would start to become increasingly overpowered and we might have some balance issues. So, while I like the idea of colorless support at first glance, I feel that it would be hard to balance because of how the fact that colorless types can fit into any deck. Basically, the way I see colorless Pokemon remaining balanced is by not having archetypes of their own, but by being strong support Pokemon in other decks that need them.

*EDIT*: I read past page 1 and realized everyone wasn't in agreement in this thread. Still, I'd like to hear your ideas on what colorless support would make the type a bit more unique, but not break it. I lurk on the forums a lot, and I always find your posts well-reasoned and interesting.

They need something to make up for the fact they can't hit for weakness, which is a big deal since they will never have the advantage in any matchup. They could use Energy acceleration and more damage output to make up for it. Their splashability in decks is a factor but they can't exist in every deck and most require their own deck. A Pokemon like Tapu Lele-GX is splashable in any deck and can still attack where as most Colorless Pokemon can't be splashed. Recently, the only usable ones were Drampa-GX and Tauros-GX. I won't argue that the Colorless type can use any existing support for other types like Manaphy-EX and Kiawe but they don't exist for the type.

Regarding DCE, it was never made for the Colorless type. It was actually made for Charizard, the one with the Energy Burn Pokemon Power but since BW, every other type is a better user of DCE. Gardevoir-GX uses it better than any of the Colorless type, as does M Mewtwo-EX. Dark has a powerful user of it, as does the Electric type. Glaceon-EX uses it better and has a locking effect. I can't name a good user for the Colorless type. Sure they are out there but there aren't many. Now if DCE only work for the Colorless type, I would say that would be good enough but they really have nothing. I also don't want to consider things every type can use as support for a specific type.

The reason it's hard is because they can be put into any deck and you have to future proof designs so we can't do things like BTS for the type because if they happen to make a good Colorless user, you break the whole type. The Fire type is broken right now because of Kiawe. Fairy has always been broken and Dark has been good since Dark Explorers. Water is doing a thing now and Psychic has always been on the edge. I mainly want them to make a Flying type because it helps decks with Weakness. We could see a Flying weak Machamp that doesn't get killed by the Psychic type like it always does. They don't have to have a different Energy for it, and it can remain Colorless but this isn't the same thing as making an Ice type or a Bug type, since they perfectly coexist with the Water and Grass type.

All colorless Pokémon can be splashed into any deck, hence the term colorless they can use any energy (which is more than dragons can say). I think what you mean is there isn't necessarily a reason to splash them into any deck because there is no reason to do so.

You're right DCE was never made exclusively for colorless types (unlike DDE which was made only for dragons as evidence by card text). I have to say though even if DCE worked only for colorless types I still say it wouldn't be enough, but then it would raise even more questions about not reprinting DDE to date so it's probably better it isn't only for colorless Pokémon.

One problem with your reasoning behind making a flying type (aside from the semantics of introducing a old new type this late into the game) just because they we could see a flying weak Machamp doesn't mean we would. Can you tell me any fire type in the game that isn't weak to water? The only things I can think of were occasionally Moltres and Ho-oh who were given no weakness. Other than that EVERY fire type I can think of is weak to water in the game. Logical yes, but water types could be weak to fighting since in general since most fire types are weak to rock and/or ground and are supposed to be covered in the fighting type label ,which btw makes as little sense as grouping flying and normal are as imo they do not perfectly coexist.

Quick Claw - Item

Once during your turn, if the Pokemon this card is attached to is an the active position, you may flip a coin. If heads, the attacks of that Pokemon require no energy.

Or something along those lines. Would make a LOT of currently unplayable Pokemon possibly playable on a coinflip.

All colorless Pokémon can be splashed into any deck, hence the term colorless they can use any energy (which is more than dragons can say). I think what you mean is there isn't necessarily a reason to splash them into any deck because there is no reason to do so.

You're right DCE was never made exclusively for colorless types (unlike DDE which was made only for dragons as evidence by card text). I have to say though even if DCE worked only for colorless types I still say it wouldn't be enough, but then it would raise even more questions about not reprinting DDE to date so it's probably better it isn't only for colorless Pokémon.

One problem with your reasoning behind making a flying type (aside from the semantics of introducing a old new type this late into the game) just because they we could see a flying weak Machamp doesn't mean we would. Can you tell me any fire type in the game that isn't weak to water? The only things I can think of were occasionally Moltres and Ho-oh who were given no weakness. Other than that EVERY fire type I can think of is weak to water in the game. Logical yes, but water types could be weak to fighting since in general since most fire types are weak to rock and/or ground and are supposed to be covered in the fighting type label ,which btw makes as little sense as grouping flying and normal are as imo they do not perfectly coexist.

A lot of colorless Pokemon need their own deck. You can't splash M Rayquaza-EX into your Decidueye deck. There are just as many Pokemon of other types that are just as splashable as realistic Colorless. Now I didn't run numbers or anything but for every Drampa-GX, you have a Tapu Lele-GX. I feel that a DCE exclusively for the Colorless type would be good enough to makeup for matchup problems, since the type overall isn't very powerful or disruptive like the Dragon type can be and has been. DDE means that they would have to give the Dragon type those awkward Energy cost again. Right now they are usable with just the one colored Energy cost. I would also like to see the Fire type become weak to Fighting every once in a while but I can also see a reason to for Rock/Ground to become their own type.

Regigigas GX and a regi trio gx where all four work together would be cool.

Regigigas could have some sort of ability where if you have all regis in play, it has an attack cost of zero of something. Even if it isn't good, it'd be fun to see such a deck

One problem with that one is that as far as I know benched Pokémon can't be affected by special conditions on the bench anyway. In fact retreating to the bench is usually the way to remove special conditions.

I'd personally like to see a double energy for each type (double ____ energy) and/or a rare candy type card (possibly Energizing Candy?)that lets you add two energy to the pokemon you played it on that turn (plus the one energy you play a turn), but only the type that pokemon is and lets the pokemon skip a evolution stage.

i don't want to get cought up in the debate but wouldn't fairy energizing Candy be op? (not to mention 10+ items, the pull rates would be horrrrrrible) because candy into gardivoir, attach 4 energy in a turn (1 from spring+1 manual+2 from candy)

I'd personally like to see a double energy for each type (double ____ energy) and/or a rare candy type card (possibly Energizing Candy?)that lets you add two energy to the pokemon you played it on that turn (plus the one energy you play a turn), but only the type that pokemon is and lets the pokemon skip a evolution stage.
and on a slightly different topic that post is really hard to understand (but that's coming from me)

I want to see more cards with useful tutor effects, like we've had in the past. (i.e. Scott, Cyrus's Conspiracy, Castaway, etc)

- Search your deck for a Stadium and put it into your hand.
- Search your deck for a Supporter and put it into your hand.
- Search your deck for a Basic Energy and put it into your hand.
- Search your deck for an Item and put it into your hand.
- Search your deck for a Pokemon and put it into your hand.

Slap any 3 of those effects on a Supporter and call it a day. For another neat twist you can change Basic to Any Energy and have it target the Discard Pile instead.

If we're also covering pokemon, then what i've wanted for a long time is another playable line of Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie!

Azelf GX Psychic 180

Ability: Time Shift

Once during your turn, when you place this Pokemon from your hand onto your bench, you may look at all of your face-down prize cards. If you do, you may choose 1 card you find there and add it to your hand. Reveal a Pokemon in your hand to your opponent and put it face down as your prize card.

Time Flux: 60 CC

If Mesprit GX and Uxie GX are in play, you may move any number of energy attached to your Pokemon to any of your other Pokemon in any way you wish.

Alpha Strike GX: CCP

Choose up to 2 of your opponent's Pokemon (non GX/EX) and put 8 damage counters on each of them. If this would reduce them to 50 Hp or less, they are knocked out instead. You may only use 1 GX attack per game.

Mesprit GX Psychic 180

Ability: Serenity

Psychic Pokemon (yours and your opponents) have no weakness and no retreat cost.

Delta Draw: 30+ P

Draw 3 cards. Delta Draw does 30 damage for each card in your hand.

Beta Raid GX: PPP

If Azelf GX and Uxie GX in play and 10 or more cards in hand, the defending Pokemon is knocked out. This attack does nothing if you have 3 or more Prize Cards remaining. You may only use 1 GX attack per game.

Uxie GX Psychic 180

Ability: Dimension Inversion

Once per turn, if Azelf GX and Mespsrit GX are in play, you may put 3 cards in your hand on the bottom of your deck in any order and then draw until you have 6 cards in hand.

Call for Family: 40 P

Search your deck for up to 2 Pokemon and put them on to your bench. You may then switch Uxie GX with one of your benched Pokemon.

Gamma Blast GX: 80 PCC

Gamma Blast does 80 damage to each Pokemon in play (yours and your opponent's) that is a different type then Uxie GX. You may only use 1 GX attack each game.

Back