Discussion What Deck do you Plan Running for the 2017 Rotation?

As of right now, I am focusing on Rainbow Road. It was cheap(check the Ebay prices for BKT Xerneas),and I got a really consistent list going.
For secondary decks, I want to play either STS Gardevoir, Mega Ray, or Dark Toolbox. It sucks that Texas regionals isn't until Dec.31, since that's right after Christmas. it's also about 3 and a half hours away, so I might just ask my parents to take me for Christmas :p

I run 3 decks as of right now. I've only done one LC and finished 2nd with my Yveltal/Zoroark deck. Now I run Yveltal/Zoroark, Xerneas BREAK/Giratina, and M Mewtwo/Garbodor. I really like the M Mewtwo deck. It hits hard and makes Giratina a little easier to get around. My bro runs a Giratina/Vileplume deck that as been doing extremely well.

I've got two main decks for now - Dark (Yveltal, Darkrai, no Zoroark) and Mega Mewtwo Garb. I also have Greninja built but I don't think I'll enter any proper tournaments with it 'cause it's not great to play in my local meta. I think I'm mainly going to stick with Dark.

Right now my main deck is Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor, and it has been doing a really good job for me. I usually rank in the top 3 with it currently (going solid 3-1 or 4-0). I have a Gardevoir Despair Ray + Giratina deck built up as well, but I am waiting for Evolutions before I drag it back out and test it more. Brock's Guts will be phenomenal with both of these decks, I think.

As of right now, I am focusing on Rainbow Road. It was cheap(check the Ebay prices for BKT Xerneas),and I got a really consistent list going.
For secondary decks, I want to play either STS Gardevoir, Mega Ray, or Dark Toolbox. It sucks that Texas regionals isn't until Dec.31, since that's right after Christmas. it's also about 3 and a half hours away, so I might just ask my parents to take me for Christmas :p
Do you run strict dual types, or do you run Sky Field?

I'm probably going to run Darkbox (With a fun twist) for standard. I haven't decided what I want to run for expanded (Toying with a SUPER fun deck though)

Right now, I'm going to stick to Greninja BREAK in both formats for the year, but if I'm able to get enough Shaymin-EXs and Ns for my collection, I'll be using Fighting Item Lock for the Expanded format.

I kind of like Bisharp in that deck, because you can still attack with it if you have no other choice. That and Galvantula. Do you run the Vulpix-Ninetails line?
Oh god no! Ninetales is super bad, and makes the deck way too slow to play. Don't play Bisharp either, it's super bad. If you have to resort to Bisharp, you lost the game anyway.

Oh god no! Ninetales is super bad, and makes the deck way too slow to play. Don't play Bisharp either, it's super bad. If you have to resort to Bisharp, you lost the game anyway.
You would be surprised how many decks I see run with Ninetales! It blows my mind.

I really thought that Volcanion/Volcanion EX would be my favorite deck for this season, but I'm having a ton of fun with Yveltal BKT/Mew FCO.

Right now, I'm going with Yveltal/Mew for Standard format and Greninja BREAK for Expanded.

Back