Discussion What Deck do you Plan Running for the 2017 Rotation?

Cruzito

Aspiring Trainer
Xernias BREAK / Giratina EX for now. Maybe i'll run a 2-2 line of Trubish / Garbodor.

Once Karen and Dragonite EX are released I will go back to M Gardevoir EX (STS) deck.

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
Pidgeot/Golbat/Absol could be really fun. FFB allows it to 2HKO all non-FFB EX Pokemon, and Golbat is a great support card. I think Faded Town would make this deck somewhat of a contender. I will say though, Pidgeot, like Primal Kyogre, can be a deck that is almost impossible to play consistently well with. The list has to be *just* right. Good luck with Pidgeot and hope it does well for you!
Edit: Please feel free to DM me your Pidgeot ideas, I'd love to see them. :)
Im really curious as to how pidgeot ex will play out in standard. might make it my secondary deck

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
Xernias BREAK / Giratina EX for now. Maybe i'll run a 2-2 line of Trubish / Garbodor.

Once Karen and Dragonite EX are released I will go back to M Gardevoir EX (STS) deck.
So sad that M Gardy is only good vs. Mewtwo. If only it did 20 damage instead of 10, but there's no real in between, sadly.

Cruzito

Aspiring Trainer
So sad that M Gardy is only good vs. Mewtwo. If only it did 20 damage instead of 10, but there's no real in between, sadly.

It's not as good as we would want for it to be, but with Karen coming up soon and Dragonite EX next month it will become more and more reliable.

Besides Brilliant Arrow / Despair Ray M Gardevoir EX goes along well vs matches where you don't have the weakness advantage.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
It's not as good as we would want for it to be, but with Karen coming up soon and Dragonite EX next month it will become more and more reliable.

Besides Brilliant Arrow / Despair Ray M Gardevoir EX goes along well vs matches where you don't have the weakness advantage.
How is Despair Ray M Gardevoir going to be better? It hits for a max of 180 vs. non-weakness opponents, not to mention Dragonite is easily shut down by Garbodor.
Brilliant Arrow is far superior. If you want a weakness hitter, simply play EVO Mewtwo. 1 prize is better than 2.

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
Right now, I'm coasting between Rainbow Road and M Scizor with a few moments of my attention taken by Darkrai-EX.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
raticate break and mew ex
Not a bad idea, just how exactly do you plan to get Mew going that fast? Raticate takes 2 turns to set up without Wally. Mew also has pitiful HP for an EX, 120 base and 160 with FFB. Best of luck to you tho DM me if it works

Snuggle Walrus

Aspiring Trainer
Right now I'm still playing mewtwo as I was running a fairy mewtwo deck last season and I still don't have a lot of cards. I really want to make slowbro EX and M slowbro EX work so I'm doing some theory craft for that lately, think it might be a bit to slow though so we'll see got a few varients in mind for it that all do slightly different things but it depends what else pops up in the new set as I expect Venasaur and more Charizard decks to appear.

The_Samurott_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I am going to play 2 decks:
M Ray Jolteon and a versionn of water tool box, with palkia ex instead of Seismitoad Ex( Duh, it is no longer playable)
I don't know what the chances are for these decks in the meta, I don't think Mega Scizor will get played in my area ( the Netherlands ) so do you guys know what the chances are of these decks

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
I am going to play 2 decks:
M Ray Jolteon and a versionn of water tool box, with palkia ex instead of Seismitoad Ex( Duh, it is no longer playable)
I don't know what the chances are for these decks in the meta, I don't think Mega Scizor will get played in my area ( the Netherlands ) so do you guys know what the chances are of these decks
Mega Scizor will be played xD. for now i've mainly seen M Mewtwo/Garbodor, Volcanion, Ray decks and the occasional Mew/Glaceon/Jolteon

Chancewoot

Aspiring Trainer
Probably Dark w/ Max Elixir, that deck has really rounded out matchups which is something very attractive. Volcanion has a lot of promise and it will be cheap to build (Once the tins get released), so I might try that.

felinefine

see you later space cowboy.
Right now I'm planing to play:

1# Greninja BREAK-Just REALLY fun to play.

2# Lucario-Seems relatively inexpensive and fun/easy to play

3# Yanmega BREAK (With either Raichu XY or Vespiquen)-Yanmega seems quick to set up unlike Greninja and Raichu/Vespiquen are two really cool pokemon to pair with Yanmega.

nepeta100

Aspiring Trainer
Not a bad idea, just how exactly do you plan to get Mew going that fast? Raticate takes 2 turns to set up without Wally. Mew also has pitiful HP for an EX, 120 base and 160 with FFB. Best of luck to you tho DM me if it works

I plan on using the new generations raticate attack to discard energy for one energy and a tiny bit of damage as well as disruption cards like red card and delinquent and force switch cards to snipe energy on the bench to stall before raticate break is out and can one-shot via faded town or ariados and if the person is playing special energy then 3 of those in the discard equals a knockout for one energy on the generations raticate or mew ex

the deck has a lot of potential to me however like the fossil deck and contrary malamar deck I made it wont be good unless i get sufficient feedback and testing ill let you know how it goes but I still need some of the cards lucky for me I found a free online pokemon card system with all the cards except the coming up set so ill use that until I get them unfortunately not much people use it :(

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
I plan on using the new generations raticate attack to discard energy for one energy and a tiny bit of damage as well as disruption cards like red card and delinquent and force switch cards to snipe energy on the bench to stall before raticate break is out and can one-shot via faded town or ariados and if the person is playing special energy then 3 of those in the discard equals a knockout for one energy on the generations raticate or mew ex

the deck has a lot of potential to me however like the fossil deck and contrary malamar deck I made it wont be good unless i get sufficient feedback and testing ill let you know how it goes but I still need some of the cards lucky for me I found a free online pokemon card system with all the cards except the coming up set so ill use that until I get them unfortunately not much people use it :(
The Raticate from Evolutions is a good idea, unless you consider the fact that Breakpoint Raticate is actually what makes the deck tick.

MegaCentral

Aspiring Trainer
I honestly don't know, I like being creative with decks and like having more fun than being competitive, so either Growlithe/Volcanion (Kick and run bois) or raikou/magnezone, or Mega Tyranitar

LiftoffLizard

Hoenn Nerd
I personally am going to run Volcanion EX, baby volcanion, hoopa and Shaymin.
And then as a secondary I will run mega ray