XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon do you want to see in the 6th generation?

AtmosphericThunder said:
A geisha is possible as well, but it isn't as cool as a mermaid would be, in my opinion.
Spr_5b_478.png

Mitja said:
How about this?
h089031BE
I like it.

Since this generation is based off genetics and DNA, there should be a Pokemon based of Dolly the cloned sheep, she was originally going to be a Pokemon, but GF thought it was too controversial. However, it would be perfectly fitting in X and Y.
I also want Hydreigon's original design comes back somehow, its original concept was a tank-dragon cyborg and that's a lot cooler then a plan old hydra/ Yamata no Orochi thing that has been used to death.

I'm really pumped for X and Y. Here's a list of animals that I would love to see Pokemon based off of.

-Cassowary/Flamingo/Ostrich
-Giant Panda (Spinda isn't the best panda....)
-Magpie (For the new Flying/Normal type that'll probably be in the 1st couple routes)
-More Crustaceans
-Black Widow Spider
-Ladybug/bird
-Newt
-Koala
-Cricket
-Badger (I know, Linoone, but GameFreak has released a lot of fish-based evolution lines, remember. Same with birds, rodents, etc.)
-Squid
-More Pokemon to do with parasites, similar to Parasect, one of my favforites.

Now for some extinct species that could come out well as Pokemon...

I may have said some of these before, though...

Diprotodon (giant wombat)
Mastodon (think Donphan/Mamoswine combined, only a new species)
Megaloceros (unless Xerneas counts)
Carnotaurus (new pseudo-legend, maybe?)
Dodo (this would be fun)
Moa (think a giant ostrich without wings)
Megatherium (think the offspring of a female Wookiee and Jabba the Hutt)
Stegosaurus (this would be epic)
Thylacine (aka Tasmanian Tiger Wolf)
Raptor (super fast)
Glyptodon (giant ancient armadillo)
Entelodont (prehistoric predator piggy)
Parasaurolophus (maybe trumpet-like)
Plateosaurus (think your typical sauropod, only with arms instead of front legs)
Macrauchenia (long neck, tiny trunk)

It occurs to me to wonder what this generation's inanimate-Japanese-object-based Pokémon will be, considering that every generation's had at least one (see Meowth, Wobbuffet, Baltoy/Claydol, Castform, Chingling/Chimecho, Bronzor/Bronzong, Bonsly, and Darumaka/Darmanitan). Maybe Pokémon based on a kokeshi doll, or a traditional fan, or origami patterns? I'd also like to see legendaries based on the Imperial Regalia, though I doubt that's a possibility this generation.

Terra Force said:
Dodo (this would be fun)

What about Doduo and Dodrio?

DorianBlack said:
It occurs to me to wonder what this generation's inanimate-Japanese-object-based Pokémon will be, considering that every generation's had at least one (see Meowth, Wobbuffet, Baltoy/Claydol, Castform, Chingling/Chimecho, Bronzor/Bronzong, Bonsly, and Darumaka/Darmanitan). Maybe Pokémon based on a kokeshi doll, or a traditional fan, or origami patterns? I'd also like to see legendaries based on the Imperial Regalia, though I doubt that's a possibility this generation.

Terra Force said:
Dodo (this would be fun)

What about Doduo and Dodrio?

They look nothing like real dodos!

This just came to me while listening to Daft Punk's Discovery. How about a legendary duo that aren't really important to the plot, but are interesting none-the-less. One will be a Pokemon that resembles old school vector graphics (think 80's Tron) that represent that past trying to discover the future. The other member of the duo is the exact opposite-a futuristic Pokemon that is trying to reconnect with the past, it resembles the new 2010 Tron. The past-discovering-the-future one would be male and the future-reconnecting-with-the-past one would be female. However, both would be artificial, from the present, not future or past, so that they will be perfect foils for each other. The female one would be exclusive to X and look like a cat, while the male one exclusive to Y and looks like a dog/wolf. Their stats would be opposite as well- the female one would be speed, attack, and special attack based, and the male HP, defense, and special defense based. No idea what types would be, other than they will be double-typed with electric as one of the types.

I'd like to see:

-a ghost-type eevee-evolution (to pair with Sylveon; Phanteon?)
-Corsola evolution
-pre-evolution or evolution of Tropius
-Mawile evolution
-Pinsir evolution
-Stage 2 Dewgong and Arcanine evolution
-shark-based legendary pokemon

Also:

-stage 3 pokemon
-a new type
-change in types for existing pokemon to suit them better (Gyarados: Water/Flying changed to Water/Dragon because he can learn dragon moves and resembles a dragon. He also can't learn fly)

Seismitoad537 said:
-stage 3 pokemon
-a new type
-change in types for existing pokemon to suit them better (Gyarados: Water/Flying changed to Water/Dragon because he can learn dragon moves and resembles a dragon. He also can't learn fly)

I don't foresee any of these. Pokemon would have done all of these back in Gen 3 while there was still time. Now it's too late to introduce drastic changes because there would be incompatibility with transferring Pokemon from game to game. I like your ideas above these though.

Seismitoad537 said:
I'd like to see:

-a ghost-type eevee-evolution (to pair with Sylveon; Phanteon?)
-Corsola evolution
-pre-evolution or evolution of Tropius
-Mawile evolution
-Pinsir evolution
-Stage 2 Dewgong and Arcanine evolution
-shark-based legendary pokemon

Also:

-stage 3 pokemon
-a new type

Other than the new type, it has most of the things I want (maybe excluding the Dewgong/Arcanine evo).

Anyone who excludes Farfetch'd from an "evolutions needed" list is automatically wrong.

This just came to me while listening to Daft Punk's Discovery. How about a legendary duo that aren't really important to the plot, but are interesting none-the-less.
lel gg.
fakemon__108_by_masterthecreater-d4yz9go.png

A pokémon based on this snake, please

547664_10151395830996840_127895587_n.jpg

Terra Force said:
Now for some extinct species that could come out well as Pokemon...

I may have said some of these before, though...

Diprotodon (giant wombat)
Mastodon (think Donphan/Mamoswine combined, only a new species)
Megaloceros (unless Xerneas counts)
Carnotaurus (new pseudo-legend, maybe?)
Dodo (this would be fun)
Moa (think a giant ostrich without wings)
Megatherium (think the offspring of a female Wookiee and Jabba the Hutt)
Stegosaurus (this would be epic)
Thylacine (aka Tasmanian Tiger Wolf)
Raptor (super fast)
Glyptodon (giant ancient armadillo)
Entelodont (prehistoric predator piggy)
Parasaurolophus (maybe trumpet-like)
Plateosaurus (think your typical sauropod, only with arms instead of front legs)
Macrauchenia (long neck, tiny trunk)

A few of those species gave me an idea for a group of Fossil Pokemon:

Carnotaurus and Entelodont - vicious reptilian/mammalian carnivores

Parasaurolophus and Megatherium - peaceful reptilian/mammalian herbivores

Carnotaurus and Parasaurolophus could be reptile counterparts, and Entelodont and Megatherium could be mammal counterparts.

.Towelette said:
-Ladybug/bird
1892738-166ledian.png

It really needs an evolution, though. I think a full-blown Bug/Fighting Kamen Rider would be cool.

Cinesra said:
.Towelette said:
-Ladybug/bird
1892738-166ledian.png

It really needs an evolution, though. I think a full-blown Bug/Fighting Kamen Rider would be cool.

Ah, yes. I had forgotten about Ledian.

Thanks for reminding me, it's a bit hard to remember 649 Pokemon off the top of my head.

.Towelette said:
Cinesra said:
1892738-166ledian.png

Ah, yes. I had forgotten about Ledian.

Thanks for reminding me, it's a bit hard to remember 649 Pokemon off the top of my head.

I want an evolution for Ledian so badly. I don't understand why it wasn't Bug/Fighting-type since it has many fists and learns "punching" moves. It could have been a rival of Heracross or something!

first thing pokemon needs: DUNSPARCE EVO. I don't know why, i don't even like dunsparce....but it looks so...meh. It needs an evo....smeargle and shuckle too. Shuckle has one of the best defenses (if not the best) of all the pokemon. A Shuckle evo could affect the metagame if they give it better stats and good movepool. And then the region needs some llama pokemon. I know we have numel evo line which is camelid, but i think they could explore this a little more. Wolves too....pokemon have foxes and dogs, but no wolf (sure, we have Mightyena that looks like one, but it is based on a hyena rather than a wolf. An ice type wolf would be cool)

The game definetly need more crustaceans though, and different evolutions of previous pokemon (because there are pokemon that you say....WHY DID THEY DO THIS? durant is an example. Other is vanillite/lluxe). Considering cleffa have a 3 evo line....Why cooler pokemon don't? A lion pokemon should be there too. But a LION. Something that we could say, "it is definetly a lion". Not manectric for example, who is based on a lion, or pokemon with "lion" at the end of their names. Also heracross and pinsir need an evo or pre evo. Sorry for my english.

Well hears a few that I would love to see get evolutions:

Pikachu: Split-evo Electric/Fighting - more of a sweeper version of Raichu but with a slight increase on defense.
Porygon2: Split evo Normal - Porygon3 anyone? more on the defensive side while it offensive stats drop by 10%-15%.
Kirlia: Split evo (female only) Psychic/Steel - Knight version of Gallade with more defensive stats with a drop on Attack/Sp.Attk (around 75-80 for both stats Speed like with Gardie and Gallade stays at 80.)
Gothorita Split evo (2 actually thats if Kirlia gets another then Gothorita should too) - Gallade 2.0 but with more of a vigillante theme. (hope I spelt that right)
Dunsparce, Sableye/Mawhile/Jynx are pretty much a given that they're getting new evos too. (Esp Jynx since it never got 1 during Gen IV while Electabuzz and Magmar did.)

My 2 cents.

Back