Pokemon What are your ideas for a Ruby/Sapphire sequel?

oakbark

Aspiring Trainer
Here's mine:

Ruby/Sapphire Sequels:

> Deoxys has fallen from space, bringing meteors with it.
> The meteors have triggered a full scale eruption of Mt. Chimney.
> Lavaridge Town has been destroyed in the eruption.

> Meteors continue to fall across the land.
> Team Magma and Aqua reform, both hoping to catch Deoxys.
> Team Magma want to catch Deoxys and use it to continue to make the volcano erupt.
> Team Aqua want to kill Deoxys to stop it filling the waters with space rocks.
> Obviously you don't want to either harm Deoxys or drain the world of water, so you are opposed to both.

> New evos of old pokemon are in the Hoenn pokedex. We get Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew/Roserade, Chingling, Dusknoir, Leafeon, Glaceon and Froslass.
> HMs are Surf, Fly, Rock Climb, Dive and Waterfall.
> You start journey in Oldale Town, get your starter from Prof. Birch, start your journey.
> Hear about meteors as you travel, see them on your journey.
> Brendan/May work at the Space Institute, and set out to find Deoxys too to learn about its origins. You meet them as you travel, and they dish out advice and stuff.

> Norman is still the Normal-type Gym Leader, but the Gym is revamped and he's your first Gym battle. Probably has a Slakoth and Zigzagoon.
> You first meet the bad guys in the Devon Corporation in Rustboro City. Magma want to steal strong Poke Balls to help capture Deoxys. In the other game, Aqua want to steal attack-boosting items to strengthen their pokemon in order to eliminate Deoxys. You stop them of course, and get the PokeNav as thanks.
> Roxanne is the second Gym leader, and she now has stronger pokemon. She owns a Probopass and there are references to a newly discovered cave where she evolved her Nosepass recently. Located on the westernmost coast of the Dewford Town island with Rock Climb (now a HM). Petalburg Woods has an extra area with a Moss Rock now, and Shoal Cave has an Ice Rock. Convenient, huh?
> Mr.Briney left home to become a sea captain, so we have to press on through Rusturf Tunnel to get to Verdanturf Town. This is when we start to hear about the eruption and the people displaced by the volcano activity. A family in one house talks about their nephew's improved health and his bid to become a better trainer.
> There's a mini-fight at the Daycare Centre, where a Team Magma/Aqua member is trying to steal pokemon to help capture/kill Deoxys. You kick ass, the daycare couple let you stash your pokemon there in future, maybe even reward you with an Egg.
> We get to Mauville City. Many Lavaridge refugees are here now. Apparently, the eruption has cut off access to the north of Mauville. Large mountainous deposits now block the way. They'll be Rock Climbable later, however. You may find some different pokemon in the grass around here like Spoink, which have fled the lava floes.
> Wattson has retired, and the Gym here has been closed. A new Battle Frontier is under construction southeast of Mauville City.
> You are told about a new Gym in Slateport City, so you head to there. Here, along the beach, a retired shipbuilder from Stern's Shipyard has set up a Ground-type Gym. We're talking Vibrava, Claydol, Sandslash, Barboach.
> When you win, the Gym Leader gives you a free ride to Dewford City like Mr.Briney used to. Dewford Town is the same, but the eastern side of the island is accessible with Rock Climb when you get it. It'll contain a 'Mt. Coronet' style place to evolve your Nosepass or Magneton. Now the fourth Gym (without any leeway to bypass the Gym), Brawly's Fighting-type pokemon are much tougher. Breloom, Hariyama, Machoke. Once you win, you get HM Surf, so you can explore the water routes north and east of Dewford.
> So, now what? We press on towards the Weather Institute. We'll meet Brendan/May, who'll explain about Deoxys. Suddenly, shit is going down at Lilycove and he/she Flys off towards there. Winona's gone from Fortree City too! We travel there and discover Team Magma and Aqua battling Deoxys. It defeats their pokemon and flees. Brendan/May and Winona watch on in awe at its power, Winona Flys home and is then battleable. Rocks are strewn across the bay so you have no choice but to return the way you came. Winona has Altaria, Skarmory, Crobat, Swellow. You get HM Fly when you win.
> Mt.Pyre is fairly uneventful.
> With Winona defeated, Lilycove Bay is open to Surf on, and you get to Mossdeep City. Of course, the bad guys are attacking the Space Centre to find more info about Deoxys. After some battling, Brendan/May team up with you to finish off the leaders' assault. They flee empty-handed. Apparently, he/she's had a tip-off that Deoxys is hiding in Meteor Falls. But how to get there? You'll need to defeat Tate and Liza to use the HM Rock Climb, which Brendan/May give to you. Tate and Liza have Solrock, Lunatone, Grumpig, Gardevoir... and similar pokemon. Double battle as usual.
> With Rock Climb, you can now access the area north of Mauville. Lavaridge is destroyed, so you'll be taking a circular trip through the desert, around the volcano and west to Fallarbor Town. It has just escaped the fiery spews of the volcano, but the area is smoky and ashy and alive with lava and flames.
> Flannery has set up base here, so you'll be battling her seriously stronger Fire-type team. Magcargo, Torkoal, Camerupt, Ninetales... it's a lot tougher than a few years ago! You'll have access to HM Dive now.
> With Flannery defeated, the final showdown begins. You head to Meteor Falls (the plot forces you to) where you'll find your version's enemy grunts (Magma or Aqua) and defeat them all. You'll come out on the mountainside and Rock Climb to the top of the mountain, where you'll fight off the Team leader for the right to battle Deoxys. They are defeated and disband in disgust. You fight Deoxys and the meteors stop, and the volcano calms down.
> You can now move on with your quest to become a champion. Pacifidlog Town is the same as before, and Dive allows you to explore more areas and reach Sootopolis City, where Juan will have more-or-less the same team as before. He mentions that his old mentor Wallace was defeated and is no longer the Champion.
> You reach Ever Grande City, and Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia and Drake remain intact. You open the doors to the Chmapion... Wally! He finally made it. He has Gardevoir, Altaria, Magnezone, Roserade and Delcatty. He's strong! But you defeat him anyway.
> The Battle Frontier is now open for business.
> Steven is found in Meteor Falls examining meteors and has his tough Emerald team to battle.
> You get a call from the Gym Leader in Slateport after your win. His old boss (Captain Stern) has discovered an extremely fast underwater current that goes to a string of small islands (the ones south of Pacifidlog Town on the map) quickly and safely. You hop in Stern's submarine and go there with him.
> A new mini-plot develops. The island chain is experiencing heavy rain/intense heat, and some think that Kyogre/Groudon is to blame. Some remaining Team Aqua/Magma members investigate this claim as well.
> The islands host many new locations. One 'island' is an oil-drilling operation, another a large uninhabited jungle area (with Jirachi discoverable at its heart), another area has Dive-able underwater city ruins. Other islands have regular towns with mini-stories like the Sevii Islands.
> Wallace has retired to a small fishing village and is battleable there with a team similar to his Champion team.
> The plot takes you across islands with high-level pokemon, culminating in the discovery that Kyogre or Groudon (depending on your version) have been awoken because of an oil drilling operation in the sea. You fight Magma/Aqua off and quell the legendary beast, thus ending the game.

TheTPCProductionz said:
There will be a remake, not a sequel. Emerald, was the sequel per say.

There is no knowing that.

I've been saying for years (especially the RS-remakes-plz-fanatics wave of the last few years) that its time for them to abandon the simplistic concept of remakes.
I mean they've figured that "third versions" need some more creativity/twist besides just being like a minor mod of the initial games. So I don't see why they wouldn't try something less boring here.

RSE was more complete and actually had a story that was only told in full in Emerald, so already at this point, remaking RS which were intended to be incomplete FOR Emerald, shows a problem.
And then, there would be even less difference to the originals than there was in previous remakes, as beside the obvious updated graphics, most of the game mechanics remained the same (theres the physical/special split but thats about all), adding that Hoenn is not 2 regions huge so putting some new fancy locations in a few corners won't do it this time...

myself said:
Not saying I dont want to see the region and the pokes of RSE in a new game,
Not saying they wont make one,

just, let it be a NEW game based in Hoenn. Not 100% remakes. Make the timeline at least as late as BW (13+ years after RSE/RBY 10+ years after HGSS/DPPt), add tons of changes to the region caused by events of the past decade, change around gym leaders (replace a few by their kids etc you get the idea), a new generation stepping up as a reborn Team Magma/Aqua or a completely new green color themed instead with leaders being related to the old ones or whatever awesome they come up with, put the protagonists of RSE as master trainers you get to battle ala Red in GS, put more focus on the remaining legendaries, for example explore the mystery about the legendary golems a bit further (explain how they tie to Regigigas), get Jirachi an ingame event place for once (only event legend never to have one), add a subregion, make the frontier larger.
now THIS has potential. Unlike stupid 100% remakes which are waste pf gamefreaks game developing time and wouldnt get them half the money previous remakes did.

I'll add that they could also try something different "generation-wise" and for the first time make a mid-generation.
That would be a generation with ~50 new pokemon, no starters included, and very few legends added (~3 max).

It could be like an extra pack for Hoenn, with the games using gen 3 starters, having these new Hoenn-mon fill new and old places, and some Hoenn evos/pre-evos. Perhaps add 2 new mascots for different weather since that's what the previous mascots were about and so on.

oakbark said:
> Deoxys has fallen from space, bringing meteors with it.
> The meteors have triggered a full scale eruption of Mt. Chimney.
> Lavaridge Town has been destroyed in the eruption.

> Meteors continue to fall across the land.
> Team Magma and Aqua reform, both hoping to catch Deoxys.
> Team Magma want to catch Deoxys and use it to continue to make the volcano erupt.
> Team Aqua want to kill Deoxys to stop it filling the waters with space rocks.
> Obviously you don't want to either harm Deoxys or drain the world of water, so you are opposed to both.

Being an event Pokemon, Deoxys probably won't be referenced in the storyline.

Also, I don't like the idea of Mt. Chimney erupting, because it's a bit cliche (especially considering they did that with Cinnibar Island) and I want to be able to fully explore Mt. Chimney (unifying Fiery Pass, Magma Hideout, Jagged Pass, and the summit) in a way that no other volcanic area in the main game has been done before.

oakbark said:
> New evos of old pokemon are in the Hoenn pokedex. We get Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew/Roserade, Chingling, Dusknoir, Leafeon, Glaceon and Froslass.

Oh come on, you're thinking too small here. Sequels would be the perfect opportunity to add in completely new families of Pokemon introduced in future games. Let's see some more interesting stuff, like Dwebble, Tynamo, Frillish, etc.

And I don't want Eevee shoehorned into every regional dex, leave it out of this one (Eevee actually wasn't in the Hoenn Dex, JSYK).

oakbark said:
> HMs are Surf, Fly, Rock Climb, Dive and Waterfall.

The Acro Bike makes Rock Climb redundant, and Waterfall can easily just stay a TM as long as they don't create situations in which you can't get back up without it.

oakbark said:
> Roxanne is the second Gym leader, and she now has stronger pokemon. She owns a Probopass and there are references to a newly discovered cave where she evolved her Nosepass recently. Located on the westernmost coast of the Dewford Town island with Rock Climb (now a HM). Petalburg Woods has an extra area with a Moss Rock now, and Shoal Cave has an Ice Rock. Convenient, huh?

Don't forget the Dream World being accessible by talking to that guy in Devon Corporation.

oakbark said:
> There's a mini-fight at the Daycare Centre, where a Team Magma/Aqua member is trying to steal pokemon to help capture/kill Deoxys. You kick ass, the daycare couple let you stash your pokemon there in future, maybe even reward you with an Egg.

Return of the Odd Egg? Yes please.

oakbark said:
> Wattson has retired, and the Gym here has been closed. A new Battle Frontier is under construction southeast of Mauville City.

Why build an entirely new Battle Frontier when there's already one southeast of Pacifidlog?

Also, I don't think Mauville's gym should be closed, but I would like to see a successor that uses newer Electric types like Galvantula and Helioptile's final form.

oakbark said:
> You are told about a new Gym in Slateport City, so you head to there. Here, along the beach, a retired shipbuilder from Stern's Shipyard has set up a Ground-type Gym. We're talking Vibrava, Claydol, Sandslash, Barboach.

Ground is kind of a random type with this theme in mind, Steel would be more appropriate.

oakbark said:
> When you win, the Gym Leader gives you a free ride to Dewford City like Mr.Briney used to. Dewford Town is the same, but the eastern side of the island is accessible with Rock Climb when you get it. It'll contain a 'Mt. Coronet' style place to evolve your Nosepass or Magneton. Now the fourth Gym (without any leeway to bypass the Gym), Brawly's Fighting-type pokemon are much tougher. Breloom, Hariyama, Machoke. Once you win, you get HM Surf, so you can explore the water routes north and east of Dewford.

How about distributing Surf before going to Dewford? I don't want a free ride at this point in the game, I'd rather explore the seas myself.

oakbark said:
> Mt.Pyre is fairly uneventful.

It shouldn't be, because it plays a role in the myth behind Groudon and Kyogre, who should play an important role in the storyline. Also, I'd like to see Mt. Pyre to be completely redesigned to be more like Mt. Coronet or Mt. Silver, instead of going off on two separate paths to explore the mausoleum and the mountain, you'd weave in and out of both areas as you progress to the top

oakbark said:
> With Winona defeated, Lilycove Bay is open to Surf on, and you get to Mossdeep City. Of course, the bad guys are attacking the Space Centre to find more info about Deoxys. After some battling, Brendan/May team up with you to finish off the leaders' assault. They flee empty-handed. Apparently, he/she's had a tip-off that Deoxys is hiding in Meteor Falls. But how to get there? You'll need to defeat Tate and Liza to use the HM Rock Climb, which Brendan/May give to you. Tate and Liza have Solrock, Lunatone, Grumpig, Gardevoir... and similar pokemon. Double battle as usual.

WHY U NO GALLADE? Seriously, Gardevoir and Gallade should be their new mains.

oakbark said:
> You reach Ever Grande City, and Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia and Drake remain intact. You open the doors to the Chmapion... Wally! He finally made it. He has Gardevoir, Altaria, Magnezone, Roserade and Delcatty. He's strong! But you defeat him anyway.

I don't think the Elite 4 should be exactly the same as in the original, but I love the idea of Wally as the Champion.

oakbark said:
> You get a call from the Gym Leader in Slateport after your win. His old boss (Captain Stern) has discovered an extremely fast underwater current that goes to a string of small islands (the ones south of Pacifidlog Town on the map) quickly and safely. You hop in Stern's submarine and go there with him.
> A new mini-plot develops. The island chain is experiencing heavy rain/intense heat, and some think that Kyogre/Groudon is to blame. Some remaining Team Aqua/Magma members investigate this claim as well.
> The islands host many new locations. One 'island' is an oil-drilling operation, another a large uninhabited jungle area (with Jirachi discoverable at its heart), another area has Dive-able underwater city ruins. Other islands have regular towns with mini-stories like the Sevii Islands.
> Wallace has retired to a small fishing village and is battleable there with a team similar to his Champion team.
> The plot takes you across islands with high-level pokemon, culminating in the discovery that Kyogre or Groudon (depending on your version) have been awoken because of an oil drilling operation in the sea. You fight Magma/Aqua off and quell the legendary beast, thus ending the game.

Aside from my points earlier about how Groudon and Kyogre should play a major role in the storyline and not the event legendaries, I love everything about this idea. I agree, the area around Emerald's Battle Frontier is a good place to put an expanded post game section. Also, I like that you added a post game story, that would really make the game worth playing even after you've become Champion.

Mitja said:
RSE was more complete and actually had a story that was only told in full in Emerald, so already at this point, remaking RS which were intended to be incomplete FOR Emerald, shows a problem.
And then, there would be even less difference to the originals than there was in previous remakes, as beside the obvious updated graphics, most of the game mechanics remained the same (theres the physical/special split but thats about all), adding that Hoenn is not 2 regions huge so putting some new fancy locations in a few corners won't do it this time...

Then they just rewrite the storyline to include Rayquaza. It's not that hard.

Mitja said:
I'll add that they could also try something different "generation-wise" and for the first time make a mid-generation.
That would be a generation with ~50 new pokemon, no starters included, and very few legends added (~3 max).

It could be like an extra pack for Hoenn, with the games using gen 3 starters, having these new Hoenn-mon fill new and old places, and some Hoenn evos/pre-evos. Perhaps add 2 new mascots for different weather since that's what the previous mascots were about and so on.

I'm not so sure I'd like the idea of mid generations because I think that might detract from completely new generations.

Here's my idea- A game based on the Regis! Extremely unlikely but I would buy it a million times if it was true.
> With Regigigas being captured by Nate/Rosa in BW2, the other Regis escape their trainer, and go back to Hoenn and rampage there.
> Team Magma and Aqua comes back to form a superteam and wants to capture the Regis and steal Regigigas so he can tow the continents so they all connect, then they can take over the world.
> All the gyms will be the same except Juan is replaced by Sid, Sydney's son, a dark type gym leader. Juan says he left to become a poet in the sinnoh region. Sydney is replaced by gold ole Wally, who is a Psychic/Normal type user, and the rest of the elite 4 have become duel type users as well. Drake is Dragon/Water, Pheboe is Ghost/Grass, and Glacia or whatever her name is is Ice/Rock.
> After defeating Norman he will give you an odd egg with a 33.3% chance of Eevee, 33.3% chance of Togepi, and a 33.3% chance of Lilipup
Your first run in with Team Conquer (The team's name, a very bad name but oh well) is after you beat the second gym. They have ground types like Barboach, Baltoy, and Sandile.
> After you beat the elite four, you enter the champions room to meet Steven, who has come back to be the champion. However, team conquer's leader, 'insert name here' kidnaps Steven and only agrees to let him go if you can defeat the evil leader. Then, looker and nate/rosa come in, and the evil leader tells them that he will only let Steven go if you defeat him. Nate/rosa releases Regigigas so you can catch him. Regigigas is level 55 and he gets his own music, a heavily modified remix of the Regi battle music. Then you face the evil leader, who has Regirock lv 55, Regice lv 55, Registeel lv 55, Krookadile lv 55, Salamance lv 57, and Porygon-Z lv 55
> Once you beat him, he releases Steven and attempts to run away, but Looker catches him and he and Nate/Rosa send him to jail. Then, Steven heals your Pokemon and you may battle him. He has Cradlidy lv 56, Armaldo lv 56, Klinklang lv 56, Aggron lv 56, Rotom Wash Form lv 56, and Metagross lv 58.
> In the post game you can catch Tornadus, Thunderus, Landorus, all the Hoenn legendaries, Lugia, and Ho-oh. There is a battle frontier that takes the place of Wattson's gym, making him the only gym leader you can't rematch in his gym. You can rematch him in his house near the frontier. Once you defeat gym leaders in a rematch they will give you pokemon eggs. Norman is the only one who does not do this as he gives you the odd egg earlier in the game. Roxxane gives you Roggenrola, Wattson gives you Voltorb, Brawly gives you Tyrouge, Wionna gives you Skarmory,Sid gives you Scraggy, etc.

These are my ideas. It's very unlikely, but I would like this game if it was real.

Back