Collecting What Are You Currently Working on Collecting?

Whitefinch

IG: rotomcollector
I thought it'd be fun to have a topic to discuss what set everybody is currently working towards completing! Maybe you don't want to complete a full set but are hunting for specific cards. Share everything here!

Currently I'm working towards fully completing the original Wizards of the Coast Black Star Promo cards. I only have 13 at the moment but I've just purchased another 7 from a great seller who has kept these cards in pristine condition. They look like they've never been touched, which makes me very geekily happy! One I receive them my collection will consist of:

#1 Pikachu
#2 Electabuzz
#3 Mewtwo
#4 Pikachu
#7 Jigglypuff
#8 Mew
#16 Computer Error
#18 Team Rocket's Meowth
#21 Moltres
#22 Articuno
#23 Zapdos
#31 Cleffa
#32 Smeargle
#36 Igglybuff
#39 Misdreavus
#46 Electabuzz

I'm also quite close to completing the XY Breakthrough set (currently 143/164) and will soon be hoping to complete the Japanese Pokekyun mini-set. I've never gone for Japanese cards but these were far too adorable to resist. The box should be arriving in about a week!

I'll post photos when my collections become a bit more impressive. Looking forward to hearing what you guys are collecting too!

Last edited:
I have got several WOTC promo's you still Don't have. I will check tomorrow.

What I am trying to conplete are several ex and BW sets:
- Gold Stars
- Ex cards from TRR
- Terrakion, Altaria and White Kyurem ex full Art, Ho-oh ex, Rayquaza full art,
- greninja break to complete all XY sets

Just recently completed B&W base and EX Dragon. Currently working on the second Radiant Collection (not as interested in Generations given how much of it is reprints) and Breakpoint (only a couple more cards to go).

The next set I'm going to aim for is EX Hidden Legends, which I believe I have near-complete (haven't gone through the checklist yet). I'd also like to work more on EX Delta Species but it's a bit expensive.

Definitely the second Radiant Collection, and maybe even the first Radiant Collection! I wish the second RC set had the bit of starfoil like the commons and uncommons did in the original, so that's a little disheartening. On the other hand, I can't bash on this new artwork. Still have a long way to go haha.

Great to hear what you're all collecting! I'd love to see photos if anybody wants to share. :D

I've decided that completing the original Wizards of the Coast Black Star Promo set is my priority right now so I bought a few more. They're very nostalgic for me, having been a kid when the base set first came out. I love the simplicity and differing art styles. Newly acquired ones in bold:

#1 Pikachu
#2 Electabuzz
#3 Mewtwo
#4 Pikachu
#5 Dragonite
#6 Arcanine

#7 Jigglypuff
#8 Mew
#9 Mew (holographic)
#11 Eevee (holographic)

#16 Computer Error
#18 Team Rocket's Meowth
#21 Moltres
#22 Articuno
#23 Zapdos
#31 Cleffa
#32 Smeargle
#36 Igglybuff
#39 Misdreavus
#43 Machamp
#46 Electabuzz

Yay!

Last edited:
For sets I'm currently collecting, I'm collecting

All cards in ( ) are FA's or secret rares except Skarmory and Malamar.
Dragons Exalted (Missing Ho-Oh FA, Rayquaza, Krookodile and Reuniclus)
Boundaries Crossed (Missing Black Kyurem FA, Keldeo FA, Altaria, Terrakion, and Golurk)
Plasma Storm (Missing Blastoise) (BCBM Articuno FA)
Plasma Freeze (Missing Empoleon, Garbodor, Garchomp and Max Potion) (BCBM Latias FA)
Plasma Blast (Missing Virizion and Dusknoir)
XY (BCBM Venusaur FA, Blastoise FA, Emolga FA and Skarmory Ex)
Flashfire (Missing M Kangaskhan)
Furious Fists (BCBM Heracross FA)
Phantom Forces (BCBM Malamar Ex, Lysandre's Trump Card, M Gengar and M Manectric)
Primal Clash (BCBM Gardevoir FA, Camerupt FA, Weakness Policy)
Ancient Origins (Missing Tyranitar FA) (BCBM Ampharos FA)
Breakpoint (Missing Golduck Break, Manapahy Ex, Manaphy FA, Ho-Oh FA, M Scizor FA, Darkrai FA) From this set I have Manaphy FA and Ho-Oh FA in Japanese so not really looking for anything in this set now since I have Darkrai FA from Dark Explorers already. Just the M Scizor FA.

Even though I don't collect Next Destinies, Roaring Skies or Breakthrough I still like to buy packs in order to pull some of the full arts I want from the set.

I usually don't count reverses or secret rares when finishing a set, I have completed 3 reverse sets, 1 included a BCBM Plasma Freeze with Espeon, 2 were completed by pulling Flashfire and Ancient Origins.

I'm mostly working on completing my VS mint set, although I'm also in the process of completing some other sets such as Skyridge.

I'd guess that my nest project would be completing either "EX: Team Rocket Returns" or "Neo Discovery" which are two of my favorite sets.

I'm currently attempting to collect every variation of Zapdos cards (including every language print). So far I have roughly 50 individual cards.
Also slowly working on Jap E series sets.

Like the Zapdos enthusiast above me, I too wish to collect all cards of a specific Pokemon. In my case it's Giratina but I don't think I'd want all the languages of it. Just, preferably, the English releases and Japan only cards would suffice.
I currently own:
Giratina LV.52 from Legends Awakened
Giratina LV.55 from Platinum
Giratina LV.63 from Platinum
Giratina LV.59 from Platinum
Giratina LV.70 from Platinum
Giratina LV.X from Platinum opened mouthplate version
Giratina from Plasma Storm non-full card artwork

I'm a pretty lazy collector all said and done. My main focus is on Japanese cards at the moment, and I usually just buy 2-3 boxes of each set, see what I pull, and trade for missing cards with an aim towards Pokémon that I particularly like. I don't really care about completing sets or anything. The only cards I have to specifically hunt for are promos, since those are more difficult to get outside of Japan.

My favourite cards are usually FA Supporters, though. Love that art!

Every world deck! Shameless plug, I have about 20 now, but in total there are 44 in total.
I have all from 2005, some from 2007, most from 2008, all from 2009, some from 2010, most from 2011, and most from 2013.

I'm 14 cards shy of completing Phantom Forces, Roaring Skies, Primal Clash (one left!) and Ancient Origins. Breakthrough and Breakpoint are next, but dem Mews are expensive :p

Back