XY What are the implications for Wi-Fi activities?

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
Diamond and Pearl started the trend of Wi-Fi trading and battling, as well as the GTS, voice chat, and Battle Tower's Wi-Fi mode. These were things everyone dreamed about having for a long time, and they were finally in.

Platinum added in the Wi-Fi Plaza, Battle Videos, and Tag Battles in the Battle Frontier. These were additions that weren't as hyped, but they were nice things.

BW refined the systems to utilize the full power of the DS. A lot of it was local wireless, but there were Random Matchups, Trade Negotiations, Wi-Fi Battle Competitions, and more. The only thing really holding it down was Friend Codes.

And now we're coming to XY. They're a 3DS release, which means we'll all have one Friend Code. You added someone to play them in Mario Kart? Now trade and battle with them in Pokemon. The system still isn't Friend Code-less, but I await to see what Game Freak could possibly do better on the 3DS.

For a while now, I've wanted a "private" GTS. It can be inconvenient to make sure I'm on Wi-Fi at the same time as someone else. We may have wildly different Time Zones, or schedules. A private GTS would let you choose who you want a Pokemon to be traded to. You'd choose someone from your 3DS Friend List, drop off the Pokemon, and wait until that person gets time to trade back. Obviously there's still the step of exchanging Friend Codes at some point, and so maybe this would be better done in the style of Mario Kart 7 Communities. Everyone in a community joins using a specific code, and they can drop off Pokemon that are only to be traded to those in the community. If you still wanted to make sure no one else could trade you for something you're trying to get to a specific person, maybe you could choose someone specific to trade with from a list of the community's members. Nintendo and Game Freak might see this as too niche of a feature, one only to be used by online communities, but it would be nice.

So what do you think? What could Game Freak add to the Wi-Fi capabilities now that they're on the 3DS?

I think they might start doing some more Wi-Fi events at the same time, worldwide. No more waiting 6 months to get the same pokemon sounds wonderful.

I think they need to make it easier to communicate with people for trading and making it exclusive like you said.

Maybe a spot in the Wi-Fi club to only mass trade with certain people?

They also need to work on filtering Pokemon searches in general, and just going ahead and giving full access to all pokemon for trading. Its not like we don't know which pokemon are missing.

I know it's not really wifi, but i think it'd be cool if there was the whole "i'm sitting next to my best friend playing pokemon, and we're on the same route OH SHEET i see him in game!" kinda thing.

Gifts

I love the idea of being able to choose a friend to trade with.

It would be nice if we could even send gifts of items or pokemon to friends without having to receive something in return. And maybe not even have to be connected to them at the time.

Are they going to support the Dream World since this Wi-Fi event is a HUGE and I mean HUGE success so far to date. Will they have a different Wi-Fi activity or something better?:)

Back