• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Whack-A-Mole! (excadril bw-on)

mrwillster

Accelgor will be my salvation.
so ive been testing this deck for a while now and it's wrking very well

18 Pokemon
4-4 Excadrill DEX(drilburs are EP)
2-2 Mienshao ND
4 Aerodactyl DEX
2 Terrakion NV

31 T/S/S
2 Old amber
2 crushing hammer
2 level ball
2 heavy ball
3 pokemon communication
2 pokemon catcher
3 enhanced hammer
4 exp. share
2 interchangeable trainers such as RR or crushing hammer

1 cilan
2 bianca
1 cheren
2 juniper

3 twist mountain

11 {F} energy

the basic strategy of this deck is to swarm with excadrills, doing 50+ a turn while getting 1 card back. surprisingly, 2 catchers is enough in this deck cause i can get one back a turn so yeah. hit me up!

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
You should get some N.

-1 cilan
-2 exp share

+2 N
+1 Juniper

One of the main things Mienshao does is get pokemon tools to help conserve the energy and to get those energies you'll ned a few Cilan. But N and Juniper might be a pretty good idea. :cool:

Enhanced Hammer is not nearly as good in BW-on as it is in HGSS-on. Assuming Blend Energy will be in Dragons Exalted, there are four Special Energies in the format, only one of which can't be replaced with Basic Energy. Given that you can recycle them with Excadrill, I'd run 2 Enhanced Hammers at most, and put in another Crushing Hammer. With only six Supporters, those interchangeable trainers of yours should definitely be RR, by the way.

-1 Enhanced Hammer
-2 Interchangeable trainers
+1 Crushing Hammer
+2 Non-interchangeable Random Receivers or draw Supporters

I'm not a fan of the Aerodactyl package, but I don't think it could just be replaced with Pluspowers... Interesting deck anyway, I'm gonna do some testing of my own.

i see what your saying, i only had 3 in there because i had them on hand. but isnt everydeck gonna have max dce anyway? just sayin

the aerodactyls are actually pretty reliable. this deck thins very fast so old ambers are usually very useful everytime i use them and i can generally get a 1st or 2nd turn Twist Mountain

Tornadus ex screws the whole deck idea which i think is impressive. i don't think thou tornadus ex will see a lot of play after rotation so, well :)

You need 2 more Catcher, you want to see Catcher as often as possible and even though it's Excadrill's favorite recursion target, if you have one Catcher in hand you can dig up a Random Receiver or a supporter to make your next turn even bigger. You also need to fix that supporter line. Cilan is useless, 4 N is staple next format.

My point is, DCE can be targeted with Crushing Hammer if you really need to. Basic Energy can't be hit with Enhanced Hammer.

im still gonna have 2 enhanced hammer. its screws over most of the people i play :p as for the catchers, yes i see your point i just cant max on them cuz....-_- i only hav 2 :=( but ill get more

Back