Finished Werewolf XXXIII: Order in the Court!- Congratulations Law!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't people do their postgames? Are they just too focussed on playing the next game, or is it IRL commitments, or just laziness? Anyways, I hope this one goes up (and I think it will), because I wanna see how well I did and others and how I fit all into it!
I think Vom and keeper had a lot of irl things going (and ongoing) on at the time

Why don't people do their postgames? Are they just too focussed on playing the next game, or is it IRL commitments, or just laziness? Anyways, I hope this one goes up (and I think it will), because I wanna see how well I did and others and how I fit all into it!
You know, there's quite a few postgames that haven't been finished yet...

It's definitely not laziness that gets in the way of it though. Mainly IRL commitments. Don't worry, we'll have it up faster than some of the others that we're waiting for.

TGK's Role Sheet said:
You are Sal Manella, and you are aligned with the court. You are the director at Global Studios with a habit of speaking in L33T and Meming.

Passive Ability: CR34TIV3 P0W3RZ
This. Yes. I love this. But why is Sal aligned with the law?

Good postgames take a lot of work and effort, and with IRL commitments and other stuff, they can take a while or are just not done at all.

Also let's keep this thread on topic to this WW game; if you want to discuss your own WW game ideas, please do so in PM or the Forum Games general thread.

If you guys have some time I highly suggest reading the ENTIRE dead chat. It's one of the funniest things ever. It's pretty funny all the way through.

... Gah.

I'm sorry about what happened on the last Day. I nodded off while reading through the thread (and slammed my head several times). And when that happens, I tend to get uh... incoherent. Embarrassing as it is. Ice Espeon and Celever would tell you that happens a lot. Like this: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-193023230 Usually I take measures for when I know I have to be awake past midnight in order to be on the same discussion time as the rest of the players (making myself a couple drinks usually). Sometimes... I forget.

Anyway... On the last Day, I lost the game the moment scattered mind managed to post and claim his role before me. He managed to look open to town by doing so and thus managed to get their approval. Thus when he wanted to out me with a lie, I couldn't do so of course, and my refusal painted me as scummy. If I managed to claim first, and he posted after me, I would have made him suspicious by saying that his lie-detecting role was a copy of a previous role (bbninjas/Apollo's) and that it was hard to prove in the current day. While mine was supposed to be a "confirmed" role in the game, thanks to KX's list, by banking on the belief that "there is only one safeclaim" there.

I believed I had a chance to win, planning to push scattered mind and PikaMasterJesi. However, PikaMasterJesi got confirmed town in the same day thanks to the ability swap, and then scattered mind got town credits from the method I described above. In retrospect, I didn't expect scattered mind would have a powerful role and one that would easily and quickly paint me as scum. I was thinking and thinking of a way to how to escape... and that probably what led to me nodding off to sleep LOL

Really though, there were just way too many town clears at the end and I wouldn't be able to kill them off before I'd get found out. Congrats, town. While you got almost all of us scum via your abilities, you did still discuss good. I had fun :)

• Obviously it allows the dead town members to still communicate. This makes the night kill solely about roles, reducing its effectiveness by a lot. Also in setups with information-based roles it gives them no incentive to claim early. A seer is in no danger of being unable to relay their knowledge.
  • If scum tries to take advantage of it (the way I did) then town can easily manipulate the scum team back. You were planning on doing something similar. You can say I posted a message and use the same secret format I did.
  • TGK isn't easy to kill. It's very hard to get rid of him.
  • TGK becomes confo-town plus he can vote plus he isn't easy to kill.
  • Scum is forced to spam and troll. That isn't really fun for anyone.
  • TGK didn't even have to share his info with the game thread (putting scum at an even bigger disadvantage).

Adding to this:

TGK's deadchat access nullifies the reason for why scum would kill certain players first before others: cutting off contribution. For example, bbninjas was supposed to be dead, but thanks to this, he was still able to share his results and made grant look more suspicious. I reckon grant still had a 50-50 chance of surviving the day, but thanks to that, it all but pushed him to death.

Not all players are killed by scum because they knew or had an idea of that player's role. Sometimes, they are killed because they are scumhunting and participating in the discussion, and you kill them to put a stop to that. Well, the deadchat access made that moot, because the dead players could continue as normal. Just look at PMJ, Jabber, bbninjas, and Squirtle Squad posting their opinions and the results of their abilities. So what would be the point of choosing to kill person A over person B then? We could have just RNG'ed our kill and it would have made no difference because -ANY- and -ALL- dead players can continue "posting" in the thread anyway because all TGK has to do is quote their posts. And no, the fact that he'll be cut off by Maya's death doesn't sufficiently balance it, I think. As you saw, finding a specific player will not always be easy and Drac lasted close to the end.

Other than that, I like the set-up and abilities, certainly there were some interesting and unique ones, plus it incorporated the source canon series well. I'll look forward to a postgame if there will be one. Oh and the hosting was excellent, thanks @double o squirtle and @quakingpunch73

Yeah, TGK's role would have been better, had PP been able to rat him out to scum, or knowingly push a lynch on him.
Except once I died I couldn't die which meant the scum had a mad dash to find Maya, which, as you saw, if Maya doesn't claim or slip in some way, shape, or form, is really hard. It took an external slip from KX to actually get any suspicion on Drac, and even then it took two more nights from there to finally kill Drac. It might have gone even longer had Robin and I actually given Drac this 100% made up role PM:

You are Fransizka von Karma, and you are aligned with The Law. Depsite your grudges against Phoenix Wright. You came to the court today in order to serve as prosecutor in the trial of Larry Butz and find the foolish fools who killed Betty.

Ability: Investigation
As a Prosecutor you're in charge of crime scene investigations. Twice during this game, you may PM me the name of a deceased player. You will take a closer look at the body of the murder victim. You will learn from their misfortune and you will be able to use their abilities for yourself. You can do this regardless of the crime scene condition at any time during this game.

Evidence: Whip
You carry your whip everywhere and strike fear into the hearts of everyone. If anyone targets you with a non-lethal ability, there is a 50% you will whip them with your whip, scaring them into that action failing.

Win Condition: All criminals and evildoers are arrested.

Pretty clever, right? We didn't get to give it to Drac and Robin used the Investigation ability instead. But it would have been cool, right?

The thing with Robin's fake roles was that he never specified if the ability was passive or active, which could have led to a lynch all liars scenario. Also, the fake role has contradicting flavor to several others.

So someone did notice, why didn't you tell me?! :mad: Just kidding I know you couldn't do that. Well this was pretty much my face when I found out about it...

edgeworth-damage.gif

Editing was prohibited so I just hoped nobody noticed hehe. I also brought up to TGK that Investigation wasn't completely sound because it contradicted with other abilities. For example PMJ's French Cuisine, his ability was connected with his evidence, and also would've been way too OP if I didn't have to poison another member.

But Investigations proved itself thanks to regular Eureka. How would other members explain the fact that I was not part of the Kurain Mason group. I posted dead chat messages before TGK and more importantly I had two players to confirm my faked ability. Well they didn't exactly confirm it, but GM didn't tell the truth that we were never in contact. I also made the context of investigations with a lot of care. The flavour was, if you ask me, very convincing. BTW Gumshoe did have something similar to Investigations but with evidence.

So well worth fooling whatever scum remained that I was immune for night kills. I would've been fine with the title ''last standing town''. What I was actually hoping to archieve with my bluff was the scum feeling cornered and throwing in the towel. But heck they didn't even get the chance because the day was over in a moment. That was such a fail... I really wanted to see scattered's and Reinforces role. And it was indeed very unfortunate that we never got to use a forged Franziska profile for GM Dracolord. It would've been a great rescue as scum are not likely to take the chance of a failed night kill.

Well, I never noticed.

And if you wanted to make that more believable, I would've put "You will take a closer look at their body and gain one of their abilities, as well as any evidence linked to that ability".

@Jesi Yes that would've been better, good one.

Also I've just been reading the dead chat, seems some people have been underestimating me, tsk tsk tsk. But good thing though you guys didn't see the awkward questions I asked the hosts.

edgeworth-shrug.gif

People thought I was scummy for some reason. Don't know why, but it's understandable.

Also, thanks for role-swapping me, Robin. In all honesty, I would've instantly killed Scattered if you hadn't taken my insane vote away.

Can I ask about the awkward question? Or is it too weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back