Finished Werewolf XXX: Future in Stasis - GAME OVER! Town Wins! Now w/ Postgame analysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain this? TGK mentions Bidoof about Celever's post. Then, in a completely separate conversation, Celever begins to roleplay Bidoof. TGK says how it is weird that Celever claimed Bidoof and later on Celever admits that it is his real role? What have I missed?
In the games, Bidoof always says "yup, yup" at the end of his sentences. I assume that is where TGK made the connection (I personally did myself when I read it). Shoutout to Athena's PMD Playthrough for that knowledge. :p

You're grasping at straws.
facedesk.jpg

Your only "case" was that we were roleplaying. As such, you have no case other than the fact that Celever is still roleplaying.

As I wrote before, Celever was (is?) continuing an argument that is not advantageous for the town but instead advantageous for the scum, as the argument distracts from scumhunting. That is why Camo is pushing a case on him.​

At this pace, if everyone was indeed grasping at straws, I doubt we can find a store with all the straws we'll need, specially on a Black Friday.

Each of us expressed their opinion about RP and why it's anti-town, yet Celever keeps on going.

##Vote:Celever

*Can't directly quote from phone.

Yes, Celever, it's rather obvious I have never done that, since this is the first time I've seen people sign up for WW but play an RPG instead.
Well @TwistedTurtwig did in your game and you didn't try to stop him then. And I specified "sort of thing", meaning anything which is a bit of fun yet still not totally strictly werewolf, which there have been situations of before, such as using Phoenix Wright sprites to formulate a case (also a form of roleplay).
Tl:dr so far: Celever is OMGUSing hard and acting scummy and TGK is doing whatever makes people happy.
*Casually ignoring everything anyone who was against role playing has said.*
It was 2:AM! D:

Well, well, we already have an argument. About roleplaying. And people decided to continue a highly useless, distractful argument. Celever mostly, although somewhat tgk and Luis. Camo is looking townie to me because he has ignored and purposely chosen not to continue with Celever's argumentative posting, which is a distraction from the game we're actually playing. I'd also like to point out that you can't lynch people based on their opinion of roleplaying in a non-RPG game, so Camo is entirely right in saying that Celever is grasping for straws. Best lead so far; so VOTE: Celever.
Um, is it just me or do those last 2 sentences not make sense? He says that those who are trying to lynch someone based on their opinion of RP is clutching for straws, attacking those who are doing so. He then agrees with Camo (the main guy doing so) and lynches me. Could be him trying to align himself with his scumbuddie(s) to give my lynch more momentum, or he might've just got confused. Nevertheless I'd like a better case from him about me.
Can someone explain this? TGK mentions Bidoof about Celever's post. Then, in a completely separate conversation, Celever begins to roleplay Bidoof. TGK says how it is weird that Celever claimed Bidoof and later on Celever admits that it is his real role? What have I missed?
What happened was I'm really stupid :p. It was actually a slip -- just a townslip. I accidentally revealed my role name (was interested in heavily implying it but leaving some anonymity there just because fun!).

Oh, I should add that if you haven't played the PMD games, I was directly copying Bidoof's speech tendencies in my post (which you can also find in RF's excellent flavour). That's how TGK knew I was Bidoof before I'd claimed.

@ Everyone who is talking about me clutching for straws everywhere, I think you're really (trying to) misinterpret what I'm saying. I noticed a scumslip and I called Camo out on it. Everyone else ignored it, but that's all the case is. I'm not suspicious of Camo because he was arguing against the RP -- I expected nothing less from him -- but the minor scumslip definitely makes me suspicious of him. Y'all just seem to disagree, which is fine, but you haven't stated any reasons why.

As I wrote before, Celever was (is?) continuing an argument that is not advantageous for the town but instead advantageous for the scum, as the argument distracts from scumhunting. That is why Camo is pushing a case on him.​
It distracts from scumhunting? Refer to this post to see the conclusions I've drawn from this quick "argument". Also I would argue that if I hadn't continued the argument, @Luispipe8 would have stopped playing the game, which if he is town would certainly have been bad for us, no? And we would still be in RVS; our argument kickstarted the game before you'd even woken up for the morning! There was an argument, yes, but no, there was not an argument which was advantageous for the scum as we've made swathes of progress in a matter of a few hours.
As i can see, I really need to learn alot. Looking for suspicious people :p
"Golly, I think you're doing well! Don't be so hard on yourself is what I say, yup yup! I sure do think it's great that you're being active and throwing yourself head first at the game, since that's the best way to learn all the different tactics and metas, yup yup!"
At this pace, if everyone was indeed grasping at straws, I doubt we can find a store with all the straws we'll need, specially on a Black Friday.

Each of us expressed their opinion about RP and why it's anti-town, yet Celever keeps on going.

No one is grasping for straws right now. I pointed out a minor scum slip which Camo did (since everything adds up) and people interpreted this as me trying to shut down discussion and make everyone focus on Camo as the target for the day for some reason unbeknownst to me. TGK interpreted Camo's usual nonsensical and totally unbacked antics as grasping for straws, but since Camo's in a strong position right now if he is scum, no straws are being grasped.

RP is not anti-town never has been, which I've provided multiple examples for. You're ignoring these because..?

If Celever were scum he'd be playing really bad. There'd be no reason for scum to be the only player to continue role playing after everyone else has stopped. Unless he feels like the hole he has since dug with the role playing and he's stuck in it.

As much as I want to, I don't see any reason why Celever would keep up the role
Playing and single himself out if he was scum.

Unless Bidoof is an awesome safe claim in this game
And he knows it!

I'm not saying everyone is grasping at straws, Celever. I meant that, since that's what everyone was saying /yet/ not doing. Get the sarcasm.

You, on the other hand, ARE grasping at straws. That "slip" makes absolutely no sense at all.

yet Celever keeps on going.
Basically this, @Celever. Stop continuing an argument that is not scumhunting. I don't care if you think roleplaying is fine or not. I care about playing this game, not arguing about irrelevant topics. You may just be a stubborn town or you may be a scum attempting to be detrimental, but either way you are distracting from forms of scumhunting which is detrimental to the town.

Also, that "scumslip" you have on Camo means absolutely nothing hence why everyone is ignoring it...

I'm not saying everyone is grasping at straws, Celever. I meant that, since that's what everyone was saying /yet/ not doing. Get the sarcasm.

You, on the other hand, ARE grasping at straws. That "slip" makes absolutely no sense at all.
"Golly, that's definitely a contradiction, yup yup! Saying you were being sarcastic about people grasping at straws and then saying that you did think I was grasping at straws, when I was the main person who was called out for doing so sure is a very clear backpedal, yup yup!"
I can stop publicly mentioning his slip if you want (though it makes little sense to do so) and even still it's not grasping at straws. I'm not even arguing for Camo's lynch right now; my main suspect is KoN, as I said in my "conclusions of the argument" post.
Basically this, @Celever. Stop continuing an argument that is not scumhunting. I don't care if you think roleplaying is fine or not. I care about playing this game, not arguing about irrelevant topics. You may just be a stubborn town or you may be a scum attempting to be detrimental, but either way you are distracting from forms of scumhunting which is detrimental to the town.
The argument finished a little while ago when I posted the outcomes of it! You just thought it was still ongoing, which is why I linked you to the post to let you know that the discussion wasn't happening any more. :)

Role-playing was still a main subject in your last post, so I reckon the argument never finished. Anyway, I refuse to partake in this further as you've given me enough reason for me to keep my vote on you.

For God's sake, Celever, READ. I was saying "not everyone is grasping at straws", not "nobody is grasping at straws". They are completely different sentences.

Celever your case on Camo's minor slip is starting to look scummy to me, sure Camo could've made a scum slip but I could easily see that being a comment from a townie. Although I don't see any problem about RP your statement looks scummy.

So I'm voting you for now.

"Golly, that's definitely a contradiction, yup yup! Saying you were being sarcastic about people grasping at straws and then saying that you did think I was grasping at straws, when I was the main person who was called out for doing so sure is a very clear backpedal, yup yup!"
Okay, you need to stop.

I can stop publicly mentioning his slip if you want (though it makes little sense to do so) and even still it's not grasping at straws. I'm not even arguing for Camo's lynch right now; my main suspect is KoN, as I said in my "conclusions of the argument" post.
The "slip" you keep mentioning is neither a slip nor worth mentioning.

"Golly, this sure is annoying, yup yup!"
Yup yup! IT SURE IS.

I'm giving major town cred to simsands and scattered mind for standing up for the townies who are trying to have a bit of fun.
Scummy players have no right giving "town cred" to anybody.

However, Luis never does this sort of thing, and usually I think I'd find Keeper of Night being proactive in roleplaying if only to get under Camo's skin. These two are on my radar right now for taking this stance, and I still don't want to drop Camo's scumslip from earlier. I believe that one of these three is definitely scum, and notably I can't remember the last time I haven't read Keeper of Night as town, so a part of me is edging towards him right now.
However, Luis never does this sort of thing, and usually I think I'd find Keeper of Night being proactive in roleplaying if only to get under Camo's skin. These two are on my radar right now for taking this stance, and I still don't want to drop Camo's scumslip from earlier. I believe that one of these three is definitely scum, and notably I can't remember the last time I haven't read Keeper of Night as town, so a part of me is edging towards him right now.
Let me get this straight, just to see if I understand the logic you are trying to grab from the clouds.
You think I'm scum because I refuse to do something I despise? With the logic that I would do it anyway to annoy somebody else?
Camo and I never see eye-to-eye, but I surely don't hate him, or myself, enough to do that.

In a more realistic sense, you are flipping between two cases of OMGUS.

See, who says role play accomplishes nothing?
*Keeper raises hand.

Just this argument about it has, I think, giving me a decent springboard to leap into the game into, and it's pretty much skipped RVS, which is always one of the most frustrating and least productive parts of the game. TGK, TFP and I have already done the town a load of good, so be thankful :p.
Neither you nor TGK have caused anything other than confusion. A lynch on either one of you would be fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back