Finished Werewolf XXVII: Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how to lay out a case and I know that everyone else understands it if they're reading it properly because we're all at least decently intelligent people here!
And that means everyone agrees with you?

There's no difference between your planting a vote on Josh and Jeremy's planting a vote on you. You said that Jeremy's vote is scummy, so you are too.
Oh no. You don't know.

They weren't and I opposed at least Yeowie at the time. I wanted a reaction out of Josh at first but after it was going too far I stopped my support.
Yet you voted him.

Celever. What are you doing?

And that means everyone agrees with you?
I never said everyone agrees with me.
There's no need. Everyone else in the game knows what I'm talking about.
I said they understand me
Oh no. You don't know.
Then teach me. If not then you're just saying words.
Yet you voted him.
Yeah, after you stopped on him. I only voted him to pressure him because I noticed what I thought was a scumslip. I didn't want masses of other ones and I made that clear.
Celever. What are you doing?
Playing the game???

You guys are boring. Also, it's a game. A game meant for arguing. If you can't take arguing and offensive or aggressive behavior, don't play the game. Yes, Camo's playstyle is bs. And yes, it's bad for a community like this. But it's effective in such a community because there are people who react like some of you do. For real Jeremy? Act a bit adult man. It's a bloody game. A game of suspicion, aggression and bickering. Don't go raising moral issues and good behavior instructions in a game like that. Mafia is like that, and it won't change. Camoclone acts like a jerk and know-it-all, and it works because you're provoked.

##VOTE: Jeremy1026

No reason not to as things are right now. And we save time.

Mafia is like that, and it won't change. Camoclone acts like a jerk and know-it-all, and it works because you're provoked.

I play on another forum with Athena, and more recently bb and Celever. They don't have a resident asshole, and its a much more enjoyable game, even for *gasp* new players. In fact in my 2nd game about halfway through someone mentioned that I haven't been voted yet, and decided to throw on a vote for no reason, and guess what happened, the voter was given shit for it.

If this is how games are here, then I'm out. It's not worth it to let someone bully around new players. And clearly I'm the only one who has the balls to stand up to Camo and try to make new players feel welcomed in our games (even when they happen to be cheating).

PMJ - I'm done with this game, if a sub comes along cool. Otherwise mod kill me.

Wow. Ragequitting when things aren't how you want them. Why are you so angry over someone playing the game? You are pretty much telling someone not to play the game. How is that fair?

And, despite the fact that I'm going to flip mafia, my argument with Camo has no bearing on my affiliation. Look at past games, you'll see that no matter my affiliation I haven't let him bully new players.

If you don't have anything to be defensive about don't be defensive. That is a rule of Werewolf that new players need to learn. Also Celever, BB, and I are all rather new players who were all hounded by Camo. We all stayed because we like the community, and the games here. New players need to realize that your first run is really just a learning period. If you help win then good, but most people Camo has pressured have were very scummy.

Imagine how active the game would be without Camo?

No, you haven't. You always argue with him. He's not "bullying" new players, and you need to get over it. It's a fact that the majority of newer players make mistakes, and they're gonna be attacked for it. It's Mafia. You can't exactly coax the other guy into slipping with candy and a pat on the back. Camo is an ass with all players anyway, not just new ones. The fact that others respond to his provokes isn't his fault. And we're not exactly lynching new players for sport.

There are three types of players in this community. There are those who mindlessly back up someone (usually Camo, sometimes someone else), those who get too obsessed with a specific player or irrelevant matters such as behavior in a game of suspicion and those who don't care about either of the aforementioned and just play. I suggest you join the third party, we're much more fun. Being a sheep isn't exactly good, and neither is getting hung up on meaningless things.

Why? Why do people have to go out of their way to spoil a perfectly good game of Werewolf like this? This will make two mafia members and the indie modkilled after Jeremy inevitably dies. Sure, I'd love to have each of them dead, but if we're going to win by modkill, it sucks all the fun out of the game. I came here to be challenged, not to have the enemy served to us on a silver platter.

Jeremy, almost no one likes or agrees with Camo's playstyle, but what you've said is above and beyond what's necessary. It went beyond constructive criticism to being plain rude. If you don't pay him any more mind than what's necessary, the game becomes a lot more enjoyable.

I guess that all we can do now is wait for an action from the mods.

CAMO DOESNT LET NEW PLAYERS SLIP! HE ATTACKS THEM FOR BEING NEW. "HOW MANY GAMES HAVE YOU PLAYED?" IN NOW WAY LEADS TO A SCUM SLIP. So, with that, I am done with pokebeach entirely. If you all want to be assholes and keyboard badassrs then go ahead, but I will in no way be a part of it.

I think Camo's playstyle is totally fine. It's actually a real playstyle that involves tunneling a play until the get lynched, and ignoring most other leads until that player gets lynched.

Anyways, enough of that, more game.

We just got a free night for actions. If noone got information from that, there is a huge problem.

If you don't have anything to be defensive about don't be defensive. That is a rule of Werewolf that new players need to learn. Also Celever, BB, and I are all rather new players who were all hounded by Camo. We all stayed because we like the community, and the games here. New players need to realize that your first run is really just a learning period. If you help win then good, but most people Camo has pressured have were very scummy.

Imagine how active the game would be without Camo?
Games are plenty active without players like Camo, and also Camo has gotten worse at focusing on new players since my first game. In my first game he was actually in his "attacking WanderingWolf and KoN incessantly" phase and wasn't attacking new players really at all.

Anyway, I do hope Camo takes into account that literally everyone who has posted thus far have said they think his playstyle is toxic for the community and thinks about loosening up a bit. Your play is fine on mafiascum, but here we play much more for fun than to win and you do really need to learn the difference. While I do kinda agree with Jeremy, he also went around everything totally the wrong way and was really just plain rude to Camo.
I think Camo's playstyle is totally fine. It's actually a real playstyle that involves tunneling a play until the get lynched, and ignoring most other leads until that player gets lynched.
I really disagree. Y'see, Camo's playstyle involves lynching a player, sure. Nothing about his play actually involves scumhunting and rarely (very rarely) do these end in lynches on mafia. And regardless even if it were the most effective way to play, as the experienced players here we shouldn't be alienating the newer members to the community.
Anyways, enough of that, more game.

We just got a free night for actions. If noone got information from that, there is a huge problem.
It seems like we don't have a huge amount of info roles, and those we do have boost the timer. Maybe people are too scared to use them after the timer went up by what, 24 before?

It seems like we don't have a huge amount of info roles, and those we do have boost the timer. Maybe people are too scared to use them after the timer went up by what, 24 before?
I reaaaally doubt it. Whether it be "I got blocked", "I got this", "I got that" or some other information from a role.

Not responding to Celever's other stuff cause its completely unreleated.

Anyways, I'm not sure what Keeper is doing, but he is suspiciously lurking and not being helpful, and I don't like it. It doesn't help that he was Josh's replacement, who I found suspicious in the first place.
vote: Keeper of Night

Why? Why do people have to go out of their way to spoil a perfectly good game of Werewolf like this? This will make two mafia members and the indie modkilled after Jeremy inevitably dies. Sure, I'd love to have each of them dead, but if we're going to win by modkill, it sucks all the fun out of the game. I came here to be challenged, not to have the enemy served to us on a silver platter.
/QUOTE]
Okay, this annoys me. Why do you think Jeremy is going to be a mafia?

*grumble* That was supposed to say:
Okay, this annoys me. Why do you think Jeremy is going to be a mafia?

bb messed up the quote tags, but I was literally typing up a post when he ninja'd me. @TwistedTurtwig, you said that Jeremy is scum with complete and utter certainty... if he flips scum I'm gonna take that as a scumslip.

I am not a fan of the Camo playstyle 100%. It is 50/50, but it does give the game an extra dimension. The Pokebeach Forum Game sub-community is great because you have different playstyles. While I don't think Celever is the best when it comes to playstyle I think he makes the game interesting. Celever throws out random lynches, and has various harebrained schemes which don't always work. He is a counter to Camo's more brash, and formulaic playstyle of starting random bandwagons, and seeing how these players react to it. Celever tries, and defend the people that Camo tries to lynch.

If Camo stops playing I think that would take the fun away.

Also who is saying that Camo is toxic. I think you don't read Celever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back