Finished Werewolf XXV: Party in Kanto! - Game Over! Town Wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XXV: Party in Kanto! - Day 2 is here! And so is Team Rocket?!

I lurk. Mostly because I hate posting on my phone and I am not often on my pc.

Ss if you believe that your Pokémon was swapped with a scum role, then name them. That's actually a good point; why would the scum not steal the doctor's role?

Yes, I have been lurking but my not posting until now was not without reason. I was waiting, gathering info for this post. I think it's strange that Lenny was not alerted that he had been targeted by Vom's ability. In fact, it almost seems like a lie. Lenny, did you really not get alerted for anything? If not, then why did SS get alerted and not you?

VOTE: Lenny

RE: Werewolf XXV: Party in Kanto! - Day 1! Everyone come play! :D

BigfootAUS said:
Just so everyone is aware, we can't change the voting/unvoting tags. You'll have to write out your votes as usual. Fortunately, writing out your votes allows you to use verbs!
Brave, you still gotta use hashtags with your vote, don't use the [v] tags.

Primeape as a silencer? That... I'm not understanding a lot about this. There's Starmie fetching items and now a crazy rage monkey for silence.

Anyway, since we're still sorta discussing the SS target switching thing:
I think it might've been me. I tried to target Jarizard.
I have a redirecter power (use my Pokemon to change a chosen player's target to a random player), but the PM I got back from Athena said I acted in a drunken haze and targeted a random party-goer instead. I don't know who got affected, but it sounds like it was SS (sorry!). If anyone has any redirecting/deflecting power then that may have also impacted on who ended up with the target switch. Or I got targeted by another redirecter. It's getting confusing.

(And Jarizard, I targeted you because you did the crazy autolynch thing. Town or not, rookie or not, that autolynch was reckless and I wanted to stop you doing more stuff like that. I'm really hoping your autolynch is single-use, too.)

@ Bigfoot: Ok... So im guessing you got targeted by a redirecter haha, the redirector was targeted by a redirector.. this is beginning to sound like one night werewolf with 14 drunks! :p
Also Primeape causes the player to become raged. When they are raged they are unable to post in the thread except for one post. That post can only include a vote. After that one post they cannot post or unvote etc. for the rest of the day. Could be scummy, but then again, Hagrid's Silencio from last game was a town power....

@Brave: Vom's Ability? You mean mine? my ability got redirected to Lenny meaning he was safe from the night kill.. not that it mattered cause vom died.

@PMJ: Well funnily enough, Brave Vesperia was who I was switched with. I now have his Primeape. This means his character has to be either Chuck OR Butch/Cassidy from Team Rocket. Im betting the way that the Scum safe claims work is that the character they replaced has the same pokemon as the team rocket member.. or something along those lines...

So Brave... Anything youd like to tell us?

##Interrogate: Brave Vesperia

Squirtle Squad said:
@ Bigfoot: Ok... So im guessing you got targeted by a redirecter haha, the redirector was targeted by a redirector.. this is beginning to sound like one night werewolf with 14 drunks! :p
Also Primeape causes the player to become raged. When they are raged they are unable to post in the thread except for one post. That post can only include a vote. After that one post they cannot post or unvote etc. for the rest of the day. Could be scummy, but then again, Hagrid's Silencio from last game was a town power....
Even being targeted by one redirecter would be enough to change where my redirection goes though, but yeah it's very very confusing XD

Being raged makes more sense, but then that still means Starmie is weird.

Squirtle Squad said:
@Brave: Vom's Ability? You mean mine? my ability got redirected to Lenny meaning he was safe from the night kill.. not that it mattered cause vom died.

@PMJ: Well funnily enough, Brave Vesperia was who I was switched with. I now have his Primeape. This means his character has to be either Chuck OR Butch/Cassidy from Team Rocket. Im betting the way that the Scum safe claims work is that the character they replaced has the same pokemon as the team rocket member.. or something along those lines...

So Brave... Anything youd like to tell us?

##Interrogate: Brave Vesperia
Oooooh... I just went through Bulbapedia and it turns out Butch is the one with the Primeape. Chuck also has a Primeape, of course. I'd say you should compare movesets between Butch's Primeape and Chuck's Primeape, but my own Pokemon uses a move it doesn't have in any media (though it learns through levelling, for sure). All we really have to go on is that bad guys owned a Primeape too, so I'm not voting just yet. BV and Rev look like semi-decent candidates so far, so if the day goes by and nothing new happens I'll vote one of them.

I've got some time to kill tonight, I'll be a bit more active for the next few hours if there's a good discussion going on - get talking! =D

BB, did your role get switched with your pokemon, or just ability?

Uhm, aren't we all supposed to be Gym Leaders/Elite 4? If so, Butch & Cassidy are ruled out immediately, and leaves Brave as Chuck.

No! @Luis, Team Rocket has replaced Gym Leaders! but they still get the safe claims of the gym leaders they kidnapped!
So Brave could be Butch, who kidnapped Chuck prior to the game and is now claiming to be Chuck!

that starmie thing is still really weird. The scenario in which SF is just trying to buddy up to the town is definitely plausible..

I just researched Chucks and Butch's Primeapes. Butchs Primeape never used Rage. Chucks Primeape only knew Rage in two instances over its entire life of being in Pokémon. That being his Primeape in the Manga, and his Primeape in his original GSC team. Since then it has never known it... Interestingly, Chuck never owned Primeape in the Anime... haha!
I don't think the move used by the pokemon is anything to go by though... So the only thing we have against Brave is that both Team Rocket and Chuck owned a Primeape

@ Jeremy Im assuming you mean SS not BB? my whole ability got switched. So instead of Jasmine's Steelix its now Jasmine's Primeape. and the ability has changed accordingly

Alright, I'm finally here. Virginia Regionals was this past weekend and I was too busy to check this thread.

PMJ said:
Oh. It doesn't. Yeah, that's true, it wasn't until after that was made that MTC started the ##thing. I'm sure a moderator could add them if you asked nicely.

Wait, what? I didn't start the ## thing. I've never even hosted a WW game lol. I think that was Professor Palutena who started it. Maybe ##FLEX: Four Arms (< not actual vote) made it more popular, but I didn't start it.

Mr.Muffin said:
so give the rundown chumps!

Hey! Only I can call people chumps around here. ##KICK: Mr.Muffin

##UNKICK: Mr.Muffin

Lenny said:
I don't have any information from during the night and I didn't receive any notification of anything being done to me from role redirections or things like that. Not sure why scum would redirect to me, or maybe the redirection was entirely random? I don't know.

I think TT is right. Less flavor, more leads and logic. We need to gather all the relevant night information and come up with the smartest lynch. Unfortunately I can't provide information. Also if your information would put you in danger of the night kill and your death would be detrimental to the town as the game continues, you should probably stay quiet unless it's urgent.

With that said, I think if we don't have any concrete leads we can look into the people who are just active enough to not be considered inactive but also not on anybody's radar.

This post seems really scummy to me. It's really bare bones, just stating the facts; not really giving an opinion on what's going on. This isn't something I see Lenny doing very often. I think he's our best lynch option right now.

##PEEL: Lenny

rev seems a bit scummy, but I'm not confident enough in that to vote for him. I'm a bit suspicious of Brave, since he didn't mention that his ability was switched with SS. He might receive my vote later today, depending on how things pan out. SS is basically clear, considering how many people targeted him. Other than that, not much else struck out to me.

Why the heck has everyone claimed their abilities? This isn't something we should be doing this early. We're in danger of losing our doctor, and Vom seemed to be a pretty powerful role.

Yeah Lennys post is literally a whole of nothing...

Still waiting for Brave to come around and comment on everything going on!

Scorched Feathers, Lenny, Rev and Brave are the four main suspects atm...
I don't want to lynch Brave because if he's town he's useful.. So once he defends himself I think Lenny deserves a look!

Good morning everyone! The GM is here again, and that means it's time for a delicious Tally breakfast:

VOTE TALLY: Day 2 \o/

Valid through: Post 459

rev3rsor (1): Camoclone (406)
Brave Vesperia (4): Squirtle Squad (445), Chaos Jackal (453), PMJ (454), Jarizard (455)
Lenny (1): Machamp the Champion (450)
Scorched Feathers (0): Squirtle Squad (424-436)
Mr.Muffin (0): Machamp the Champion (450-450)

13 votes needed for Majority lynch. Numbers in parentheses give post numbers for the votes in question; strikethroughs indicate previous votes that have since been unvoted. NOTE: Starting on D2 I've started including unvote posts in the tally, so if someone's crossed-out post reads (X-Y), that means they voted in Post X and unvoted in Post Y.

Votes either not bolded not been ##ed have not been added; otherwise, please feel free to point out any mistakes or missed votes.

LAST UPDATE: 12noon CET

OK, a few stuff from me.

For starters, there is no guarantee that scum has full safe claims. It is possible that they only have fake names. But judging from the OP, I'd say that no matter what the name of their role, the Pokemon they use is the one originally belonging to the kidnapped League member (hence why abduction AND stealing is mentioned).

Moving on, the one who did the change between Primeape and Steelix is more than likely scum... SS was no doctor (I dunno who said that, from what I read he was a jailkeeper), but his ability to protect someone from kills is still inconvenient for scum, so they more than likely shot him a role that is detrimental to the town (a silencer is almost never good) and removed one method of blocking the NK, possibly the only one if there is no doctor in the game. It is possible that it was just random shuffling, but why would you use an ability to take a kill blocking role from a townie only to give it to another townie? It makes more sense to give it to a scum partner, since the ability also involves roleblocking (I repeat, it is a jailkeeper, not a doctor, and scum can make great use of a jailkeeper since they are the ones controlling the NK). In other words, I'm inclined to believe Brave Vesperia is scum.

Also, for SF, I'm inclined to believe the same. It makes no sense that he would get items that he doesn't know anything about. So far, I've never seen items that exist without info on their abilities, except from combination items like the Triforce from PMJ's game, where there was no info as to what owning all three items would do. I believe SF threw the boot willingly and then made an excuse by saying he had no idea of what he was doing while, in fact, he was.

##Vote: Brave Vesperia

It is WW, so I don't want any stupid questions as to whether I am certain of what I'm saying or not. I'm not certain, of course, but I am willing to follow through with my suspicions, and I believe the aforementioned make at least some sense.

@MTC: Oh yeah that was him, wasn't it. My bad.

@CJ: SS said he was a jailer later said he lied about being able to roleblock and his role was pure doctor:

Squirtle Squad said:
My ability: Jasmine's Steelix allows me to target one person each night, they then get protected from all abilities and night kills etc. No role blocking, just pure protection.

You're probably right about BV being scum, though. It's a sound argument.

##DUKE: Brave Vesperia

Who said I could only autolynch once.

##AUTOLYNCH: Brave Vesperia

Nah I'm just kidding. But I autolynched bbninjas because he was sus as and you guys were going to ruin your own plan by killing your healer. Like honestly. You guys come up with a good plan to confirm people and then we're going to kill a key member of the plan.

A little emotional but ok... It saved my life so I suppose I should be thankful...

Yeah CJ that argument is pretty sound, The BV lynch is sounding good!

Vom's plan was never going to work, so really killing him actually hurt the scum more than the town.

Jarizard said:
Who said I could only autolynch once.

##AUTOLYNCH: Brave Vesperia

Nah I'm just kidding. But I autolynched bbninjas because he was sus as and you guys were going to ruin your own plan by killing your healer. Like honestly. You guys come up with a good plan to confirm people and then we're going to kill a key member of the plan.

...Well, this stuff would've been handy to know before the autolynch. Glad to know my feelings about the plan were justified (heyo, PMJ, ninja'ing me while I preview my post):
BigfootAUS said:
And somehow I think that's worse than confirming alignments. Isn't revealing abilities and their effects just going to make the scum prioritize who they nightkill?

The stuff against BV is stacking up nicely, but I'll give him a chance to defend before voting. Also just in case that autolynch does work and voting becomes pointless. I'm going to bed now, I expect something really compelling to make me vote in the morning.

BigfootAUS said:
Also just in case that autolynch does work and voting becomes pointless.

*sits in the back of the thread whistling and filing her nails*

In case it isn't obvious enough, this post is meant as an indicator that I am active and here and not calling a game freeze or anything.

I'm also going to update my tally up above to be up to and including this post.

Missed the part about SS being an actual doctor rather than a jailer. Though this weakens my case against Brave, I'm still willing to see it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back