Finished Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [AND THE WINNERS ARE...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
RE: Werewolf XXIII: A Sacrifice for Anti-Arceus [DAY 3: ends Wednesday 8th]

Celever said:
JS, I've used the tactic I mentioned above to great effect on another site, so it does work. It just seems really weird for a townie to say just on D3, but I know that rn there aren't enough posts made by PMJ (and he has the backing of a random generally inactive player fsr (One Approved protecting his scummie?) so it's not going to work rn.

Which in and of itself is a scum move. Little posting = little ammunition to use in a case or argument. I will pursue this case tomorrow.

Also, PMJ's commemts about how I "should be dead" when I am still a suspect could be setting me up for an unsuspicious kill by planting the idea that I should be dead in the town's heads. If I die tonight, PLEASE take a good look at PMJ.

One Approved, the key word there was "anything". I asked him to contribute the first time, he waited a while (iirc) then posted answering a small question. I then said "OK you're here contribute" so he did. I suppose this could happen to a town or scum, it's just his reluctance to do anything in the first place seems off, which I think he did. MtC, bbninjas, CJ and Drac, how do you interpret what PMJ did? IK that you briefly shared thoughts on him MtC, but I'm just wondering if you think he was actually reluctant to post or if it was just from my POV that he was.

I also asked you four because you're pretty much my biggest town reads rn, so congrats ;). It's mere coincedence that three of those four posted on this page, but I guess it shows some of my biggest town reads are teying to contribute! :s

Yay! I've got a town read. *coughs* To business.
I have a fairly neutral read on PMJ, if a little bit scummy, similar to bigfoot. Well, I did find it weird that PMJ was certain on the mason thing, but other players said scum in mason is common, and it is probably best to drop it (it is not important). But other than that, it seems PMJ is doing a lot more defending then actually being helpful. He certainly seems to be attacking you, of all people, which could be a more of a confirmation of this:
Machamp The Champion said:
In Celever's case, the reason he's not dying is probably because he's been a considered lynch for quite a while now, and still somewhat is. It would be foolish for the wolves to eliminate one of our more likely lynches.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past

PMJ isn't all that weird... He noticed something on you, Celever, and simply mentioned it. He didn't vote for you. Besides, he's never really active when he plays, what he does is nothing new. I'm not gonna say he's town, but he's really hard to classify as scummy either.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

Okay I'm sorry but I've seen this pop up at least twice in the game now: People think I'm fairly neutral but a little bit scummy. I haven't seen any explanation for this and while it's nice that I'm not a huge target, it's kinda weird to have no reasoning. If it does ever get to a point where you want to lynch me, just make sure there's another suspect as well so I can take them down a la Romeo & Juliet.

Celever said:
I've only really done that today though.
True, but I also think if we weren't discussing potential scum strategies such as that today, your behaviour today could've secured that strategy being true for the future. Sorry if we've doomed you >_>

Seriously the reason I've been kept alive is because I've been a huge potential suspect the first two days. Plus it's like a game of 30 -- 3 deaths.
Well if you're saying we should vote you again... (joke)
But yeah, this game is kinda huge. It doesn't help that not everyone posts much so it's easy to forget that. More people need to contribute!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

bigfootaus said:
Okay I'm sorry but I've seen this pop up at least twice in the game now: People think I'm fairly neutral but a little bit scummy. I haven't seen any explanation for this and while it's nice that I'm not a huge target, it's kinda weird to have no reasoning. If it does ever get to a point where you want to lynch me, just make sure there's another suspect as well so I can take them down a la Romeo & Juliet.
If you are talking about me accusing you... I didn't mean my post to be like that. I was saying I agreed with you that PMJ was a little bit scummy.

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer

bbninjas said:
bigfootaus said:
If you are talking about me accusing you... I didn't mean my post to be like that. I was saying I agreed with you that PMJ was a little bit scummy.

I didn't interpret it as a flat-out accusation, but it's weird that people think that. And it wasn't even what you meant, so it was just Celever mentioning that a while back >_> Oh well.

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

I haven't said much since my claim; I don't have much to say in particular. Dunno if it's just me, but I think PMJ's posting style is similar to what I think it usually is. I have noticed that Celever is trying to take a leadership position, so I'm trying not to follow blindly since I'm not sure I trust him fully yet.

Did I miss the part where he mentioned his last night's results?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

bbninjas said:
I would have thought Teal would have said that to confuse the actual mason group, and since Teal is experienced, he could quite simply be implementing something new/different. I also think it should be pointed out that the flavour says 'Swordsmen of Justice' and the group is the 'Council of the Swordsmen'. THis may be irrelevant, because Teal's translation/area could use different terms than other areas (eg Aus)

It's bad form for the host to be deliberately misleading like that. If all the Swords are town, he has no reason not to tell them that. "You don't know each other's alignments" is basically code for "one of you is scum" if you all start out in the same group. If you are a neighborizer, then what I just said doesn't apply because you have to roll the dice and hope you don't choose scum.

Celever said:
It just seems really weird for a townie to say just on D3

In Werewolf 12, DNA did the same thing you did. He was active, made thoughtful posts, and looked squeaky clean. Except he was scum, and he ran the town into the ground. No one at all suspected him. I'm not saying that's the gambit you're trying to pull here. All I'm saying is that I don't feel like having history repeat itself. If you aren't lynched today you will be dead soon. That's just a given.

Celever said:
Which in and of itself is a scum move. Little posting = little ammunition to use in a case or argument. I will pursue this case tomorrow.

Your case against me is garbage, so feel free.

Celever said:
Also, PMJ's commemts about how I "should be dead" when I am still a suspect could be setting me up for an unsuspicious kill by planting the idea that I should be dead in the town's heads. If I die tonight, PLEASE take a good look at PMJ.

wifom.

Celever said:
it's just his reluctance to do anything in the first place

... sigh

rev3rsor said:

I don't believe he did. After I mentioned him, he has focused all of his energy on trying to put me in the spotlight.

bzzt

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

@PMJ oh, alright. On another note, is it generally a scummy thing to say something to purposely create a wifom situation?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

rev3rsor said:
@PMJ oh, alright. On another note, is it generally a scummy thing to say something to purposely create a wifom situation?

Why do you ask?

Blui

lv85 paladin

rev3rsor said:

It's more noobish than scummy. Scum can do it, but it's not a good strategy (because it's never taken seriously).

On a side note, I don't think we should go after PMJ and just take down a pretty-much-confoscum.

##VOTE: Scorched Feathers

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Scorched Feathers does seem to be avoiding the convo (Last Visit: Today 10:18 AM AEST).

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.

Sorry I haven't posted, the release of Smash Bros has kind of taken all of my attention... I guess I'm still being suspected, so I'll say it again: I have no idea why the vote count was weird day 1, but it has nothing to do with my role whatsoever. Drohn suspected it was either me or Ice Espeon and IE just tried to pin it on me now, so pretty sure that suggests it's him. It could easily be someone else entirely doing it too.

As for the slimy mishap, I really didn't want to reveal this information but I guess I have no choice. One of my role's abilities lets me target one player per night and I get the name of their first ability. It doesn't tell me what the ability does, but I get an immunity to that one ability until the next night. I looked at Camoclone night 1 because of his behavior and "Gooey" was the name I got. I guess he copied SF's ability (assuming it's SF's at this point) that day and it effectively replaced Sketch during the time I looked at him. I didn't get slimy myself because of the second part of my ability. Of course I neglected to read the night update carefully, and I automatically associated slime, goo, etc with Camoclone. Yes it was dumb of me, but I had no communication with Camo and/or SF like Drohn was suggesting. Either a town-aligned Camo chose to copy SF's ability because he thought SF was scum, or Drohn was right and they're both scum and Camo intentionally got SF's nifty ability. I bet "Mysterious" has more to it than is shown, but it's annoying not knowing for sure if Camo was scum. I'm still willing to bet he was, myself, after KoN turned up scum. So by that logic SF really is scummy and probably our best lynch for today (the only other candidate I saw was myself and a few random things about PMJ.)
##Vote:Scorched Feathers

Also I realize you'd probably like a full role claim, but I'd rather not share my second ability right now, for reasons I can explain later.

rev3rsor

目がピアノを弾く

bbninjas said:
rev3rsor said:

Why do you ask?

Because PMJ accused one of celever's statements as being wifom, and from what I've seen in the past people don't seem to like it; I was just wondering why.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Meaty said:
Sorry I haven't posted, the release of Smash Bros has kind of taken all of my attention... I guess I'm still being suspected, so I'll say it again: I have no idea why the vote count was weird day 1, but it has nothing to do with my role whatsoever. Drohn suspected it was either me or Ice Espeon and IE just tried to pin it on me now, so pretty sure that suggests it's him. It could easily be someone else entirely doing it too.

As for the slimy mishap, I really didn't want to reveal this information but I guess I have no choice. One of my role's abilities lets me target one player per night and I get the name of their first ability. It doesn't tell me what the ability does, but I get an immunity to that one ability until the next night. I looked at Camoclone night 1 because of his behavior and "Gooey" was the name I got. I guess he copied SF's ability (assuming it's SF's at this point) that day and it effectively replaced Sketch during the time I looked at him. I didn't get slimy myself because of the second part of my ability. Of course I neglected to read the night update carefully, and I automatically associated slime, goo, etc with Camoclone. Yes it was dumb of me, but I had no communication with Camo and/or SF like Drohn was suggesting. Either a town-aligned Camo chose to copy SF's ability because he thought SF was scum, or Drohn was right and they're both scum and Camo intentionally got SF's nifty ability. I bet "Mysterious" has more to it than is shown, but it's annoying not knowing for sure if Camo was scum. I'm still willing to bet he was, myself, after KoN turned up scum. So by that logic SF really is scummy and probably our best lynch for today (the only other candidate I saw was myself and a few random things about PMJ.)

Also I realize you'd probably like a full role claim, but I'd rather not share my second ability right now, for reasons I can explain later.

I do understand you do not want to claim, and you brought up some good points, but why should we trust you? Being the one of the main suspects - and an experienced player so you should be able to blend if you are scum - I really do not see any reason to trust you.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

And, there is four possibilities with the vote thing.

• Meaty's has a ability that lowers his vote
  • IE has an ability that lowers his vote
  • Celever has an ability that lowers his final vote count by 1 or half
  • An outsider used an ability on one of the three

Celever

Wheeeee~

bbninjas said:

I've already claimed, so nope.

I'll share thoughts on other things a bit later, don't have time now.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

Celever said:
bbninjas said:

I've already claimed, so nope.

I'll share thoughts on other things a bit later, don't have time now.
Providing you claim was true...

Reinforce

Light has come to save you at last...

Meh... Frankly, there isn't much to discuss. We have 3 days' worth of information, we aren't going to magically form solid conclusions. And frankly, forcing a discussion isn't going to produce anything fruitful anyway. We'd just be going around in circles and repeating what has been said over and over. It's unhealthy discussion.

I'd say we take this one issue at a time, and I believe the one at hand is the SF/Meaty/Camoclone slime dilemma. Lynching Meaty is what I prefer for the reasons I stated yesterday, but if there are reasons to convince me that SF's lynch is more beneficial, I'll take the option of lynching him. As for rev3rsor, I'd just watch out for him for now regarding his orb claim. Celever... It's nice he's making an effort to generate discussion, but I wouldn't completely trust anyone attempting to lead discussion yet unless they're confirmed town already. He's only a minor lynch option for me, now.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death

SF care to share your point of view now?

About the lack of topic to be discuss tomorrow.. I dont think it is true since even by prolonging this day we might not get any new true information..

Celever

Wheeeee~

PMJ said:
bbninjas said:
I would have thought Teal would have said that to confuse the actual mason group, and since Teal is experienced, he could quite simply be implementing something new/different. I also think it should be pointed out that the flavour says 'Swordsmen of Justice' and the group is the 'Council of the Swordsmen'. THis may be irrelevant, because Teal's translation/area could use different terms than other areas (eg Aus)

It's bad form for the host to be deliberately misleading like that. If all the Swords are town, he has no reason not to tell them that. "You don't know each other's alignments" is basically code for "one of you is scum" if you all start out in the same group. If you are a neighborizer, then what I just said doesn't apply because you have to roll the dice and hope you don't choose scum.

It's interesting to me that you are saying this, but haven't mentioned this incredibly easy plan: Virizion or Terrakion, whichever one of you is town-aligned, claim and tell us who your partner is. We lynch your partner. And if he is town, we lynch you. Anyone have any problems with this?

Celever said:
It just seems really weird for a townie to say just on D3

In Werewolf 12, DNA did the same thing you did. He was active, made thoughtful posts, and looked squeaky clean. Except he was scum, and he ran the town into the ground. No one at all suspected him. I'm not saying that's the gambit you're trying to pull here. All I'm saying is that I don't feel like having history repeat itself. If you aren't lynched today you will be dead soon. That's just a given.

I 100% agree that you should never trust a player 100% besides literal clearance from the host etc., but even so, you were trying to lynch me before because I'm acting like town... Anyway, obviously I'm hoping not to die soon, and if I actually don't get shot, PMJ's logic shouldn't be used for a long time in this game, because while it does happen, it means that the wolf acting as town leader or strong town contributor has to not slip up ever. And you guys know me -- if I was scum, I'd probably slip up! :p

Celever said:

wifom.

How so? I don't see how that is WIFOM..

rev3rsor said:

I don't believe he did. After I mentioned him, he has focused all of his energy on trying to put me in the spotlight.

bzzt

Actually I had a public plan before, basically saying that I would hold on to my results until after SF claims so that I might find a contradiction... Seriously there was a small discussion over it...

bbninjas said:
Scorched Feathers does seem to be avoiding the convo (Last Visit: Today 10:18 AM AEST).

Yeah this is suspect

Meaty said:

Give us your role and cut out your second ability please. You are still a major suspect, be it today or tomorrow, and the sooner you claim the more believable it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.