Weather gone too far?

sillykyle

boop
We all know that weather is a dominate force in the metagame, but has it simply gone too far? It seems like 9 times out of 10 when there's a weather war the person who wins the weather war wins the match. This is a screenshot from a game I played on PO.

1zpsmlh.png

As you can see, my opponent decided he absolutely could not win without his weather starter, so he just forfeited despite having 5 other Pokemon left. So what do you guys think, is weather too game changing to be left in OU? Should it be banished to ubers?

I think your opponent's ragequit has more to do with their own integrity than anything else. Playing an uphill battle against a weather team is one of the best ways to test a team, due to weather being incredibly common.

His name, megaballs1, makes the whole thing ironic.

For all we know he could've just been testing his lead against other leads. But he probably just ragequit.

I'm pretty sure he ragequit because of your trollish Dugtrio.

Honestly I think it more so has to do with the competence of whoever you're facing. People can win without the weather on their side - it's difficult but still totally possible if you play the cards right. The weather system is basically fine the way it is right now.

His team was probably really messed up without Tyranitar, the guy probably wasn't any good or just hated Dugtrio.
also that name, I however have seem worse. The answer is on YLYL

I've played a rain-stall using Sandstorm and my Tyranitar was the first one on my team to go down. Virizion proceeded to destroy him though. Good players always have a "Plan B" when their weather inducer goes down

^ I try to have 2 Pokemon that can set up 1 kind of weather. That doesn't work to well though. Weather is too domanaint (I'm no good at spelling don't judge me) in the VG meta. A simple solution is just play a team that can counter all of the weather.

I don't believe weather is too damaging this generation. This generation brought many new moves and abilities to the table. It was realized that Swift Swim used in combination with Drizzle was too broken because Pokemon could take down threats before the opponent could even react. Last generation we didn't have to deal with constant rain in OU which makes it harder to deal with now since we aren't used to it, unless you played Ubers a lot.

There are various checks to each kind of weather. Heatran is one of the best threats for taking on sun teams since it has Flash Fire. It commonly holds Air Balloon making it not able to be hit with ground moves. Ferrothorn is one of the best rain checks with its large Defense and Special Defense. It also gets some support moves such as Thunder Wave and Leech Seed to cripple foes.

I don't really think so. For all you know, your opponent could have been testing a variant of T-Tar and rage quit because it wasn't working. There's always checks to each kind of weather, and KA already pointed out some checks to weather teams (though Rain teams like Volcarona because it OHKOs Ferro at +1). I'm still waiting for an Ability that doubles speed in Hail.

I'm also waiting for a permanent fog summoner and fog abusers

Back