ORAS Weather and Time in Hoenn

onionsaur

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Weather in Hoenn

xxashxx said:
Oh man. so if they don't bring back these effects in OR/AS we will have to trade to X/Y evolve then trade back. I bet that was painfully annoying XD.:)

Not really. What the past user said was it still mattered on the time of day. The time feature has been standard since Gold and Silver, so I doubt that that wouldn't still exist. After 6PM you could evolve Umbreon/catch night mons.

MegaBeedrill

This isn't even my final form!

Day/night is returning in oras anyway so we don't need to worry about tyrunt, amuara, espeon, or umbreon's evolutions. As long as there are locations to evolve magneton, nosepass, and the sinnoh eeveelutions we should be good.

All the OP was pointing out is that in GSC there was no time/day mechanic only certain hours on the clock they can evolve, and in LGFR there flat out was no method of evolving eevee into espeon or umbreon as it lack a time system entirely. (Even though I believe in coloseum/XD you could still evolve them with shards or something similar)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

MegaBeedrill said:
Day/night is returning in oras anyway so we don't need to worry about tyrunt, amuara, espeon, or umbreon's evolutions. As long as there are locations to evolve magneton, nosepass, and the sinnoh eeveelutions we should be good.

Well since all of those Pokemon show up in the game (and in fact Magnezone and Probopass are in the Hoenn Dex), it's a pretty safe bet that they have a place for those. Probably New Mauville for Magnezone/Probopass, Petalburg Woods for Leafeon, and Shoal Cave for Glaceon.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi

I've changed the title of the thread to include time as well as weather, as that seems to be one of the directions the conversation is heading in :).

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
Leaf_Ranger said:
Seven is a Color said:
This is more Castform-specific, but I always wondered why Castform has a form for every weather except sandstorm.

Me and probably the staff at GF, after reading this:
abr.gif

Well done Sir! U_U

Actually I've wondered this too. We know that Sandstorm isnt an actually weather, thats obvious. But in Pokemon, it is considered a Weather Effect. I think a Sand Castform would be pretty neat, and if they were ever going to introduce it, now would be the time.
Maybe they will or maybe they wont. I can see why they would or wouldnt either way.

As a side note, wouldnt a Mega Castform actually be an awesome choice to make mega? I'm not sure how the form-changes would work, or maybe it would somehow combine all three in the evolution and not actually change forums. It could have an ability that enhances something in all weather effects. Castform just seems like a really unique and crutial Pokemon to go to waste because its a single-stage Pokemon that no one ever uses and everyone forgets about it. Just an idea.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
When was the day and night feature confirmed? I missed it because I was working on my Youtube channel for the last 2 weeks or so and I have not been on the forums the whole lot the last week or so.:)

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
xxashxx said:
When was the day and night feature confirmed? I missed it because I was working on my Youtube channel for the last 2 weeks or so and I have not been on the forums the whole lot the last week or so.:)

We've seen screenshots from the game in the night, as well as a trailer having a tiny clip of the player in the night.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Oh ok so it has not been confirmed yet. Remember how that one area in those games had a timed event to get shells and something else to get Soothe Bells? Did they have a day night feature then or was that just a time event thing?:)

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Oh ok. I was wondering for awhile there how we were going to evolve certain Pokemon. Glad it will be implemented this time XD.:)

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
This is kind of off-topic, but does anyone remember how the only way to catch Feebass in R/S/E was if you were to fish in only 5 or so very specific tiles in one very specific area? I wonder if they'll change that come OR/AS...

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Zielo said:
This is kind of off-topic, but does anyone remember how the only way to catch Feebass in R/S/E was if you were to fish in only 5 or so very specific tiles in one very specific area? I wonder if they'll change that come OR/AS...

Yeah I think that was on Route 20 and you needed Super Rod to do it I think. Anyhow back on topic. Will they have timed events like the Ship in B/W and also weather times where it rains on a certain route at a certain time like in X/Y?:)

MegaBeedrill

This isn't even my final form!
We can only hope!

They'll probably have night time events (like DPP rotom) but I still see the day/night mechanics remaing the same as x/y (walk in a house, walk out, suddenly arceus decides its night time)

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yeah I was wondering if the ocean thing will be back where if you did something you got some kind of items and with the weather changes etc how would that effect certain daily events and will we have seasons like in 5th gen weather wise for these events?:)