Ruling Watch and Notes Legal?

PieterPie

Aspiring Trainer
I was wondering what the rules in pokemon tcg are on taking notes during the game, and also wearing a watch for time reference.
Specifically if you can take notes, can you bring notes? Can you bring a deck list? ...

I know you can have notes during a game.

I don't believe watches are allowed thanks to some controversy a while back. (another Professor can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Please elaborate on what you mean by "Can you bring a decklist?". If you mean what I think you mean, yes, you may print out a decklist and use it for registration.

I meant can you bring an extra deck list to use to look at and write on during the game?
Also can you bring already made notes to use during the game?
And if you have notes, can your opponent look at them?

When you have notes, they can be looked at by anyone, and need to be clearly understood, especially by a judge.

They also must always be blank at the start of every game, so bringing in any prior notes is forbidden.

As for a watch I'm not sure. I think it falls into a big grey area.

I found the official documentation.

8. Note Taking
Players are allowed to take notes during a game in respect to actions that have happened during the game. Players may take notes during a match and refer to those notes. Players may choose not to share these notes with other players, but a judge may ask to see a player’s notes and request an explanation if needed. A player’s note sheet must be blank at the start of each match.
Players must be timely with their note taking and may not use devices that may send or receive messages as a note-taking device. A player may not refer to notes taken during previous rounds while the tournament is still in progress. Notes taken during a match may not be given to other players during the course of the tournament.
Because a judge may ask to see a player’s notes while a match is in progress, the use of codes, ciphers, abbreviations, or any other method of obscuring the meaning of the information is not permitted. Additionally, notes taken by a player may not contain misinformation, intended to deceive tournament staff.

12. Materials Allowed
Players are permitted to keep materials necessary to execute game play on the playing surface, such as damage counters, Special Condition markers, reference cards for TCG matches. Type Compatibility Charts for video games are not permitted. A small number of personal trinkets or “good-luck charms” are permitted on the game play surface, but they should be neatly organized and kept out of the way of executing the game. All other items should be kept off the game play surface to reduce distraction and confusion. Players may always request that any unnecessary materials be removed from the play area if they should become distracting or otherwise obstructive to the play of the game.
Food and drinks are not permitted on the play surface. A Tournament Organizer may allow food and/or drinks in the tournament area, but at no time should food or drinks be kept on the play surface.

Watches are not necessary to execute game play so they are not allowed.~KA

Thanks guys! That was really helpful information.
One last thing, in best 2/3 format, could notes taken the first game be used during the second?

Back