Wailord-EX, Trevenant-EX, M Aggron-EX, Others from 'Primal Clash!' [11/30]

Wailord EX. 250 HP? WHY? I mean, come on! What is it going to take for Pokemon to realize that EX's are overpowered. Yes, there's Pyroar but no one plays it because of Donphan.

Wailord has 250HP.

Thank you TPCi.
(And no, it's not overpowered. Because it's attack is terrible, and it takes way to long to power up.)

Trevenant-EX is very welcome. It may see tech play in Virizion/Genesect decks, but I think it will be more useful in Aromatisse decks for it's ability to easily KO (or at least deal heavy damage to) Seismitoad. The extra 10 HP over Genesect is pretty useful. If only it had a Water resistance...

M Aggron-EX is only okay. The inconsistency in its attack makes it had to justify, even in Bronzong decks.

Other than that, these cards all look great in my opinion. Very excited for this set.

Wait, how has someone already gotten the cards? Wasn't it first going to be released in 2015? I'm so confused.. But cool cards though.. :D

Hmm, interesting that they would do Trevnant EX in the form of a grass type. I kind of hope that means we'll see a regular grass Trevnant soon, hopefully in this set. Along with a Phantump of course. I wish this could have been seen as FA like Wailord was. You know I kind of feel like Grass should have it's own 'Rain Dance'.

I kind of like M. Aggrox EX. Wailord EX is kind of cool too I suppose. At least it gets out of its own sleep rather easily. And while that seems like alot of energy, right now it doesn't mean much with Blastoise's power.

How did someone get these cards when they aren't even out until February of NEXT year?

How did this guy get his hands on these cards? No matter right now, here's my thoughts...

-M. Aggron-EX is interesting. With Victini, you're pretty much taking OHKO's with the help of Bronzong. Also, doing 2 to your Benched Pokemon can actually be sometimes helpful, like if you're playing the Unova Dragons in your deck. It isn't a Game Changer, but I feel it's good enough to get a deck around it.

-Trevenant-EX is a prime example of what EX's SHOULD be. This card will probably never see any play (aside from maybe Ability Heal Sceptile), but this is what EX's should have been in the first place!

-Wailord-EX is fantastic. It is an impossibly massive wall, and the only card I can think of that would counter it effectively is Viri/Gene decks. Still, the attack isn't that great (unless Blastoise maybe), so I don't know how this card will actually "weigh" out to be. (kekeke)

-Gorebyss is just not playable whatsoever. Even with A Growth, the attack is too awful to be any good.

-Rhyperior's back, that's cool. Too bad Rhydon is pretty bad.

-Grass Type Ludicolo, okay.

-Crawdaunt could easily see play with the help of Magnezone (PLS) or Seismi/Hammers to quickly dispose your opponent of Energy. That attack is pretty awful, though.

-Probopass is meh. With a Muscle Band, I guess 120 isn't awful on a Stage 1 that gets support from Bronzong.

-Nidoqueen? Looks like the 'king will be back as well. It's nice to see it have O Barrier, but the attack doesn't seem great. Dynamic Punch, if I can discern it, says...
[P] [P] [C] Dynamic Punch 70
This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself and don't apply Weakness and Resistance to this damage.

For anyone questioning the status on the FA cards, here's my thoughts.

I assume that these Full Art cards will still have Rarity Status equal to their Evolution Stage, and not all of them will be Holofoil cards.

-

Mega Aggron + Bronzong + Mr Mime + Fliptini or Trick Coin could be a good deck. 75% chance of KOing anything. It doesn't even need a spirit link card to be good.

I like Trevenant EX. Finally a decent 180HP EX for Grass decks. It could be really good with Virizion.

Wailord has ridiculous HP, but that's really all it has going for it. The attack costs FIVE water energy for only 120. I'd say that balances it out even with Blastoise in format.

For the other cards, Probopass looks like it does 30 X 3 heads for M and 50 plus 30 or 50 more if there's a tool attacked (MMC). Likely set filler, but cards such as Crawdaunt (with the built in hammer) give me hope for non EXes as well as EXes. Seems like a balanced set.

GadgetJax said:
-Nidoqueen? Looks like the 'king will be back as well. It's nice to see it have O Barrier, but the attack doesn't seem great. Dynamic Punch, if I can discern it, says...
[P] [P] [C] Dynamic Punch 70
This Pokemon does 10 damage to itself and don't apply Weakness and Resistance to this damage.

First, it isn't O Barrier. The text differs from Primal Groudon's. It's currently unknown which Trait it is. And then, it only seems to say Weakness in Nidoqueen's attack.

NintendoAlian said:
Wailord EX. 250 HP? WHY? I mean, come on! What is it going to take for Pokemon to realize that EX's are overpowered. Yes, there's Pyroar but no one plays it because of Donphan.

Wailord has characteristically had huge amounts of hp. also, for 5 water and a grass weakness the only place i see this card being played, with currently known cards, is on bad deck Monday.

This set is going to be expensive to complete.. Warlord is number 147 of 160.. How many full arts will this set have? And how many secret rares?

14 full arts?! And this doesn´t even include secret rares...

This getting out of hand if they don´t increase the pull rate for them. Good luck completing the set, lol.

I knew Wailord would have to regain the crown of highest hp in tcg. I predicted 300hp but then revised it to 250hp in another post. But the attack is too heavy. Should have been 3 water energies required and 'Wailord cannot attack during your next turn' instead of going to sleep.

I can see Wailord EX being played as a wall and then using Scoop Ups or AZs, but even then that's kind of silly. I wish its attack was a bit more practical. I mean, 4 for 120 would've been fine enough seeing as it puts itself to sleep... That M Aggron EX is totally bad ass though. Just, wow. I might consider putting together a metal deck now. I wonder how this person got a hold of this set already though...

Wailord EX good god almighty! I saw the thread before the post and I literally gasped. It's more of a wall than anything, I guess it could work with Blastoise but there really isn't much use of it besides stalling.

Mega Aggron EX is probably one of the best Megas. If you don't have any weak Pokemon on your bench the tails drawback is nothing to worry about, while if you flip heads, the benefit is an OHKO to 98% of Pokemon Cards in existence for just two Metals and a DCE. Mega Aggron EX/Bronzong could be a big deck coming up

Trevenant is like the grass version of Keldeo. If there are any Grastoise Pokemon then this would be a great deck.

I LOVE the choices for this set, Wailord and Trevenant are two underrated Pokemon. How did this person get the cards so early? Maybe their uncle DOES work for nintendo!

Disappointed there aren't any Gen 1 Full Arts, of course there could be with 14 or more full arts. Hopefully the set doesn't have more then 3 Full Art trainers. Right now Gardevoir's Full Art is my most anticipated full art.

Don't care for the half full art pokemon cards they are just ugly. Kind of wish they would do the regular holos like the Japanese with the holo over the border, the holos in XY are boring compared to Japan and Black and White.

Back