• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Waffles With Syrup (Chandelure/Hydreigon) HGSS-on

Tsukeo

Skitty is so cute! <3
images
images
images

Deckname: Waffles With Syrup
Main Attacker: Chandelure + Hydreigon
Support: Jirachi + Skymin
Techs: Zoroark + Tyrogue
Speed: Medium-Slow
Type: Psychic and Darkness​

3 Litwick (Promo)
1 Lampent (RC)
3 Chandelure (RC)

3 Deino (RC)
2 Zweilous (RC)
3 Hydreigon (RC)

1 Zorua (BW)
1 Zoroark (BW)

2 Jirachi (UL)
2 Shaymin (Sky Formé) (UL)

(Pokemon : 21)

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Junk Arm
3 Switch
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Prof. Juniper
2 Super Scoop Up
(T/S/S: 28)

11 Psychic
(Energy: 11)

Strategy: Get out Chandelure and start "spreading" for a while, at the same time, I attach energies to Chandelure and start attacking a little. When I have reached 4 energies, I get out Skymin and transfer all energies to Hydreigon, switch into Hydreigon and start rampaging with his attack, and since I've used around 4 turn to charge Chandelure fully, I have spread around 60 damage throughout the board and around 100 damage to their Active Pokemon which may have been leading into a K.O.

Example T2 situation:
Let's say I get Chandelure up T2, I have this setup:
Active: Chandelure, bench: Deino, Litwick, Zorua
This hand: Psychic Energy x4, Prof. Juniper, Rare Candy, Hydreigon and a random card.

I start off attaching 1 Psychic to Chandelure, Rare Candy Deino to Hydreigon and use Prof. Juniper to discard my hand, then I draw some Communications and some random Pokemon's, I get out Jirachi and use his Power to get me some energies to Chandelure, and by that point, I might have atleast 3 energies, (as coin flipping is 50/50) but up to 5 energies already, I finish my turn by using Chandelure's Ability to put 2 damage counters on one, and 1 damage counter at another, and hopefully do 50 to their Active.

Now I use Chandelure's Power again to deal 1 damage counter at the one I did it at last time, and 2 at another, then I get out Skymin, transfer all energies to Hydreigon, and start rampaging, then next turn, I switch to Jirachi and transfer all energies to him, to devolve.

However, If the opponent's Pokemon are a high HP basic, I just use Chandelure's Ability to put all 3 damage counters on that Pokemon, use his attack with a PlusPower or two, and do alot of damage.

Summed up, am I lucky, I might draw 3 prize cards already by turn 4, and continue my process.

I know I have 5 cards (+/-) too many, but this is where I need help, I don't know what to take out! Zoroark are a good tech for killing high HP as well. Tyrogue is for Cleffa/Pachirisu starts.

Please anyone help me? and sorry for a nooby deck, It's been a long time since I played Pokemon cards. :3​

Code:
[quote]Deino – Darkness – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Headbutt: 10 damage.
[D][C] Bite: 20 damage.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

Zweilous – Darkness – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Deino

[C] Double Hit: 20x damage. Flip 2 coins, this attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.
[D][C][C] Strength: 50 damage.

Hydreigon – Darkness – HP150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Zweilous

Ability: Dark Aura
All Energy attached to this Pokemon becomes Darkness Energy.

[D][D][D][D] Dangerous Blade: 60 damage. Choose 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and this attack also does 40 damage to each of those Pokemon (don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench).

Retreat: 3

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Litwick_(BW-P_Promo_9)

Lampent – Psychic – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Litwick

[C] Inviting Lamp: Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon and switch it with his or her Active Pokemon.
[P][C] Will ‘o Wisp: 30 damage.

Weakness: Darkness: (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Chandelure – Psychic – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Lampent

Ability: Cursed Shadow
Place 3 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like. You can use this Ability 1 time during your turn, it this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon.

[P][P][C] Ominous Lamp: 50 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Burned and Confused.

Weakness: Darkness: (x2)
Resistance: none

Super Rod – Trainer

Search your discard pile for up to 3 in any combination of Pokemon and basic Energy cards. Show them to your opponent and shuffle them into your deck.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

Pokemon Catcher
Trainer’s – Goods
Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and switch it with his or her Active Pokemon.
You can use any number of Goods cards during your turn.[/quote]

Trying to get out 2 stage 2s will make this deck kinda slow, but you could try these changes to make it a little faster:

-3 Seeker this shouldn't be in a snipe deck because the opponent will just pick up one of their damaged pokemon, helping them
-1 Tyrogue pretty much no one will run babies because of catcher, so tyrogue is pretty much a free prize for the opponent

+1 Pokemon Communication any deck, especially a stage 2 deck, needs 4 of these
+1 Junk Arm staple card, so useful any deck without Vileplume needs 4
+2 Double Colorless Energy this lets you power up Zoroark or Hydreigon faster
+4

There are a couple other things I'd like to add but I'm not sure what else can be taken out.

Oh, just noticed there are 65 cards... maybe something like
-1-1-1 Chandelure since you are only trying to start with this
and
-1 Super Rod Jirachi recovers energ and you have enough pokemon so I guess you don't need this and
-1 Psychic Energy

then you have 60 cards.

How am I supposed to start with Litwick, when I only have 2 in my entire deck?

You use Collector to get it. Besides, you won't want to start with Litwick itself, its too easy to KO.

you should run Professor Oak's new theory over Prof. Juniper and seeker over Super Scoop Up because for one less card and a rotation PONT is almost always a better option so you don't discard anything good seeker isn't based on luck and can make your opponent return a pokemon to their hand too (which can be good or bad.)

also FSL is a good idea maybe put in two for a couple of trainers or litwick/chandelure?

I'm saying this because speed needs to go up and Vileplume will shut your trainer line down :(

Flower Shop Lady is a Supporter with a similar but slightly grater effect than Super Rod. Howeverm Super Rod is better if you need recovery. I do agree with PONT over Juniper but not Seeker because they'll use it to remove pokemon with snipe damage.

^ yeah what he said.....

seeker is if-ish when you put it that way lol :p

Super rod (assuming we get it) can be played over FSL I guess but for a more immanent I'd use Flower Shop Lady (then again chandy and Hydrigeon are still both JP cards :/)

anymore suggestions? I recently noticed I only have 58 cards in the deck, and I think about adding Burned Tower to get rid of Lost World, but what more could I add? :)

Also, what do you think of the deck overall? Also, do you think that Chandeldurr and Hydreigon is coming in Emerging Powers?

if you have extra cards add two cards that help your consistency (i.e pokemon catcher/super rod/SSU/FSL) over all if I had to rate this deck I'd probably give it 7/10 bec good though it is one of your main attackers is weak to fire (idk why it make no sense :/) which make reshiram a nice threat to this deck.....

oh another thing I'm pretty sure were not getting any Red Collection cards with Emerging Powers so you'll have to wait a little longer :(

I know that this post is a bit old, but to counter the point above, Cryagonal or Kyurem are very Viable techs in this deck. They wont hurt consistancy, add power to it and Kyurem furthers the spreading damage. Since It also carries outrage, swapping out 3-4 energy for rainbows could build up it's first attack and leave you with options in either case. at present I would not know what to pull out for either, but they are techs to consider.

Back