'Vivid Voltage' Prerelease Promos Revealed!

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh, another Charizard promo that’ll be worth boo koo bucks in the resale market. I can only hope that TPCi’s decision to cancel Premier events for the rest of 2020 also means that no staff promos ever see the light of day.

That said, none of these outside of Charizard look particularly interesting. It’s also worth noting that Charizard’s set stamp is on the left-hand side of the card window, something that’s rarely seen in the TCG.

Aces

Aspiring Trainer
Ugh, another Charizard promo that’ll be worth boo koo bucks in the resale market. I can only hope that TPCi’s decision to cancel Premier events for the rest of 2020 also means that no staff promos ever see the light of day.

That said, none of these outside of Charizard look particularly interesting. It’s also worth noting that Charizard’s set stamp is on the left-hand side of the card window, something that’s rarely seen in the TCG.

They didn’t want to ruin that beautiful face! Lol

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I like this art. Huge improvement over the regular one. You know why?

No Leon. Makes it ten times better.

Too bad scalpers are going to have a field day with this one so I'm probably not finding one, sadly.

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not surprised that there is yet another Charizard card being released. It will probably not be as much as the two in Champion's Path, but it will most likely go for a lot of money. Other than that, they all look really nice.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not surprised that there is yet another Charizard card being released. It will probably not be as much as the two in Champion's Path, but it will most likely go for a lot of money. Other than that, they all look really nice.
The Charizard promo from Team goes for around $30-$35 so this one will probably go for around that.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I don't mind Charizard cards as long as they are playable. Thankfully we have been getting playable Charizards. Shame the one from DRM didn't see play because that one was great but it was overshadowed by the one from Team Up. This one has the same potential. 300 for two energy is no joke. Even after 1 Leon it is doing 150 (180 if you played Leon) and that isn't too shabby. Oh and you can use Welder or Volcanion to set this guy up.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
THAT GORGEOUS LUGIA

Fun fact: this is the first time the Prerelease promos are not all different types lol

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
Fun fact: this is the first time since Unified Minds that there hasn’t been a Grass type promo.

The Fish

0.o
Lugia is too beautiful. He'll be a beast in pre releases if no one gets Marnie or Kabu. Is that Eternatus' spine thingy in the background of Charizard?

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
oh look it's another card of charizard my favorite pokemon in the whole wide world because they just won't stop giving it cards and game prominence and formes and mega evolutions i am so excited that another charizard card has been revealed because it has been days since the last one i love charizard so much KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

The Fish

0.o
Nope, it's lava. It's like in a volcano-y setting or something.

Ah crap, could've been cool. That aside, one thing I did notice is how utterly bonkers Donphan will be in prerelease tourneys. 1 for 120? Early game sweeper.

Last edited:

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Ah crap, could've been cool. That aside, one thing I did notice is how utterly bonkers Donphan will be in prerelease tourneys. 1 for 130? Early game sweeper.
>Switch in Snorlax, use ability, draw to 7
>Opponent retreats for Phanpy, evolves to Donphan, attaches 1 energy, OHKOs
>"pfft, nothin personnel kid"