• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Virizion EX / Mewtwo Ex

pygohan

Lost Deck Builder
Pokemon:

• 3 Mewtwo-EX
    2 Raichu
    2 Pikachu
    3 Virizion-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 2 Virbank City Gym
    2 Lysandre
    4 N
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Switch
    4 Ultra Ball
    2 Professor Sycamore
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Startling Megaphone
    1 Computer Search
    4 Energy Retrieval
    4 Energy Switch
    4 Skyla
Energy:

• 4 Double Colorless Energy (XY 130)
    8 Grass Energy (XY 132)

Strategy:
Could use any advice on if I need to mess with this deck so more.

RE: Virizion EX/Mewtwo Ex

I am trying to avoid the normal Virizion EX/Genesect EX deck as that is pretty expensive since I currently don't have any Genesects. Are there any other pokemon I should use instead.

Abomasnow the old one uses grass energies to attack and the XY uses only colorless.

The one thing I would suggest would be:

- 1-2 Skyla
-2 Energy Retrieval
+2 Juniper
+ 1-2 Colress

Just so that you have plenty of draw power. Other than that, looks pretty good!

Sounds good on the Skylas and I was running into drawing issues. Quick question has anyone used this in competition?

I have played it in a league challenge or two, but there aren't too many tournaments going on at the moment. Also, they were played in the old format and didn't include Furious Fists.

My next challenge is still in the old format. Furious Fist isn't legal unit the 4th from what I understand. I was thinking of using this deck for my next challenge.

It performed pretty well. It did lose to a Pyroar because I prized a Raichu. But I beat one my friends who's pretty good and was also playing Pyroar in a best of five fun match, so it's not an impossible match up. Also I've been thinking about playing a single of copy of Sacred Ash in my list to help the Pyroar match up since it allows you to recycle Raichu.

My daughter is a Pyroar deck user and I got my raichu out but what killed me was no energy and no pokemon draws. We Simulated on TCGone since she is missing muscle bands.

You might want to try a single copy of Professor's Letters. It basically lets you Skyla for Energy. Once you are able to Emerald Slash though, you usually don't have a problem with Energies. I don't know what to say about not being able to get Pokemon on the field. You did add in those Juniper right? I would play a few more matches with it. You could have just gotten unlucky with bad draws.

I was extremely unlucky that day with draws that day but even so I did win quite a few matches with bad draws. Also good job on beating my daughter in tcgone she was getting a fat head on wins and thinks she could win with any deck so I'm happy you beat her bad.

I did take out one colress for a professor letter and that helped me out alot.

-1 Colress
+1 professor letter

Back