Virizion EX / Genesect EX

Plasma isn´t a a problem for this list even...

3 Genesect EX
4 Virizon EX
4 Drifloon (Megalo-Cannon)
2 Drifblim (DE)
2 Drifblim (Megalo-Cannon)
1 Mr.Mime (PLF)

Pokemon: 16

4 Professor Juniper
4 N
4 Skyla
2 Colress
1 Shadow Triad
3 Ultra Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Energy Switch
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Colress Machine
1 G-Booster
1 Tropical Beach
2 Skyarrow Bridge

Trainers: 31

10 Grass
3 Plasma

Energy: 13

This is the B-League winner list. There is the link: http://flipordie.wordpress.com/2013/06/15/what-makes-a-champion-battle-carnivals-genesectvirizon-list/

petertclo said:
Dark Void said:
I think Blastoise is actually a worse matchup than Plasma as its easier to Blastoise to get OHKOs, and that's what really shuts this deck down. Also, Virizion has a Water resistance so it actually takes 4 Deoxys + Bangle for Kyurem to net the OHKO, which is not that easy.

I somehow find it funny that you think Blastoise is a bad matchup -.- look at the weakness? You won't have many blastoises left...

I somehow find it funny that you think Blastoise is a good matchup just because you hit it for weakness, even though its main attacker can repeatedly OHKO you and you can only 2HKO it back. Its not a terrible matchup, but its certainly not a great one.

Depend what version of Blastoise, so yes Black Kyurem can OHKO any Pokémon but it can suffer in the same way, Genesect needs less support to do 200, for exemple jus a DCE and 2 Grass Energys, more easy than BK, and Mewtwo version as done better results than BK version.

Sir Taco said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
I have Virizion/Genesect proxied and a couple techs I don't think are in most decks are 1 Mr. Mime, 2 Sky Arrow Bridge, 1 extra Keldeo-EX. Mr. Mime is for protection against Genesect and Darkrai snipes, Sky Bridge gives Virizion and Genesect free retreat, and Keldeo helps with fire and can rush in/retreat when needed with float stone.

wat

OK, first off, Mr. Mime is not worth it. Darkrai and Genesect snipes do not make any important numbers happen with those matchups.

Secondly, why Keldeo when you run Skyarrow? Is it so that you have the ability to lose the mirror 100% of the time when you start with it?

Also, no Float Stone. You already have Skyarrow and the only Tools you should ever run are Team Plasma Badge and G-Booster.

but would datkrai/genesect still be a decent deck

NIRVANA said:
Depend what version of Blastoise, so yes Black Kyurem can OHKO any Pokémon but it can suffer in the same way, Genesect needs less support to do 200, for exemple jus a DCE and 2 Grass Energys, more easy than BK, and Mewtwo version as done better results than BK version.

I think what you meant was that Genesect can do 200 a little faster, not easier. Blastoise can fire off 200 all day long if it has to with little to no effort. The main thing that this deck collapses to it OHKO's that can take energy off your board, and that's exactly what Blastoise is designed to do.

The only reason why the matchup isn't as horrendous as it first appears to be is because V/G is somewhat faster, and take a bunch of quick squirtle prizes early game. That followed by a G Booster and maybe killing the Blastoise makes the matchup probably 40/60 in Blastoises or even, depending on your list.

As a note, the BK version has almost always outclassed the Mewtwo version, and the results show the same. The Mewtwo version has had very little success recently (especially in the US).

GHJamesGH said:
Blueinvader said:
What are VirGen's worst matchups?

Hydreigon is a pretty bad matchup for it, but only because people are teching Victini EX and Victory Piece.

Hydreigon is coming back?

I also think Blastoise v.s Genesect also depends on how you go about playing it. If you can get 2 or 3 Emerald Slash off, then I think it wouldn't be out of the question that you could win. Genesect has the luxury of up to 8 Catchers, so you could literally Catcher Blastoise for all 6 Prizes. They only have 4 Rare Candies (5 w/ Dowsing Machine). Not to mention you kill Squirtle with Emerald Slash, so that's two birds with one stone. Tbh I would say it might even be in Genesects favor a little, simply because Blastoise will never be safe on the bench.

Victini EX isn't that big of a deal for the deck if you play Tool Scrapper as it gives you two turns to KO Victini (the turn of the Scrapper and then the turn that they Junk Hunt it back)

The Japanese decklist is meaningless. Wasn't Garchomp/Altaria one of the big decks at last years Battle Carnivals? We all saw how well that actually went. The Japanese metagame is different than the US metagame.

I'm torn on the idea of Drifblim in the deck, both Drifblim are fantastic cards for our current format, but I foresee a shift away from Special Energy centered decks, which would subsequently lead to these cards becoming dead space. It's more of a metagame call than an actual staple for the deck.

This deck needs to have an out against Safeguard/Sliver Mirror decks, and I would say that the best options would be Bouffalant, Regular Genesect, Drifblim, or Tropius. Tropius takes care of Suicune, but misses the KO against Sigilyph (which should be more popular). Drifblim takes care of Sigilyph (assuming you can get the energy on it in time to attack) but doesn't do much versus Suicune. Genesect takes care of Suicune, and has a 50% chance of taking care of Sigilyph, and comes with Call for Family. Bouffalant does nothing versus either of them, but provides better coverage versus EX decks.

This deck beats Blastoise, its no auto-win, but Blastoise fan-boys are way too defensive for their own good. A Blastoise player cannot play down a Keldeo without giving up a free two prizes. Between Catcher and Red Signal any Blastoise that they manage to get out is going to go down quickly as well, which throws a wrench in the Black Kyurem EX strategy. Plus BLK takes a OHKO from a G Booster. Its just a solid matchup for Genesect.

Finally people are way too focused on making this deck as fast as possible, which leads to huge amounts of inconsistency. This deck's focus should be on KO'ing three EXs in three turns later on in the game, all while avoiding any 7th prize situations. You have an average of five or so ways to drag up an EX from the bench, and you have G Booster to provide you with the OHKO. If you can get off two Emerald Slashes within the first four turns of the game then you are going to be set.

Blueinvader said:
Any other techs to improve certain matchups?

I have seen a tropius destroy suicune/terrakion. on top of that it also gets you a new hand if your extremely desperate. not more of a 1 or 2 of though

So I have been testing today and I think this needs 4 Virizion EX. Because starting with it is so important.

Has anyone considered Mewtwo or Tornadus DEX as a tech? They're solid backup attackers to help in the fire and anti-plasma matchup.

I actually disagree. A 4th Virizion EX only increases your chance of starting with it slightly, and after turn 1, you're never going to need it. I'm not saying its a totally bad idea to have a 4th, but I don't think it should be an automatic.

I think a lot of different changes and aspects of this deck really depend on what version you're using. I entirely disagree with an earlier post about how the deck just needs to KO 3 EX's; that strategy is not only extremely resource draining and inconsistent, but it doesn't account for things like Kyurem. This deck's power comes from its versitality and ridiculous amount of open space it has, not the fact that it happens to be able to OHKO EX's, although that's very helpful.

In all honesty, I could probably write a 10 page essay on all the things this deck can do. From my testing though, it's all about the techs. It's partially why I like what this deck does for the format; because it's really like 10 different decks, just with the same general strategy.

I'm wanting this deck to be awesome but, as I keep testing this it's not as super amazing as I thought...

At least I'm not in denial I guess.

Blah said:
I actually disagree. A 4th Virizion EX only increases your chance of starting with it slightly, and after turn 1, you're never going to need it. I'm not saying its a totally bad idea to have a 4th, but I don't think it should be an automatic.

I think a lot of different changes and aspects of this deck really depend on what version you're using. I entirely disagree with an earlier post about how the deck just needs to KO 3 EX's; that strategy is not only extremely resource draining and inconsistent, but it doesn't account for things like Kyurem. This deck's power comes from its versitality and ridiculous amount of open space it has, not the fact that it happens to be able to OHKO EX's, although that's very helpful.

In all honesty, I could probably write a 10 page essay on all the things this deck can do. From my testing though, it's all about the techs. It's partially why I like what this deck does for the format; because it's really like 10 different decks, just with the same general strategy.

Even though I agree with most of what you are saying, I don't agree on Virizion being useless after T1. I use it past T1 all the time, in fact, last test I did I got all three Genesect's powered up and it ran over my opponent because of Virizion.

Blueinvader said:
Blah said:

Even though I agree with most of what you are saying, I don't agree on Virizion being useless after T1. I use it past T1 all the time, in fact, last test I did I got all three Genesect's powered up and it ran over my opponent because of Virizion.

I agree with you, Blueinvader. I've done some testing with the deck, and I found myself in the exact same situation as you.

What is everyone's opinion of Super Rod in this deck? In the games I've played with this deck, I haven't used it once. I'm debating whether or not I should take it out, but I don't know what to put in.

So guys, would Tropius or Bouffalant be a better tech against Suicune/Silver Mirror?

I'm thinking of going with Bouffalant, since it helps a lot more in the Plasma Match up.

Back