• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Virizion EX / Genesect EX / Lugia EX

Bumbleblogn

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: (12)

• 3 Genesect EX
    3 Virizion EX
    2-2 Raichu
    2 Lugia EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (34)

• 3 Colress
    3 Skyla
    4 Shadow triad
    2 Level ball
    3 Team plasma ball
    2 N
    3 Juniper
    3 Ultra ball
    1 Lysandre
    2 Professors Letter
    4 Energy Switch
    1 G-Booster
    2 Muscle band
    2 Skyarrow bridge

Energy: (14)

• 4 Plasma Energy
    8 Grass energy
    2 Double colorless

Strategy:

It starts off as a normal genesect sweep strategy, set up with Virizion using emorald slash to attach energy to genesect. Once genesect is set up with 3 energy, you can attach a plasma energy to it, and use his ability to Switch the desired Pokemon to the active slot. This is where energy transfer comes into play, use that card to transfer the plasma energy from genesect, to Lugia to start powering up Lugia (with a muscle band) to attempt to hit a one hit KO on a support Pokemon (like Aromatisse, klingklang, or mew) and take and extra prize card.

As of this moment, I think the deck is pretty close to completion. But I'm not sure if I should throw in a thundurus (for energy retrieval) or deoxys (to make lugia stronger). Maube even switch out sky bridge for virbank and hypnotoxic lasers for a guaranteed 1HKO ON EX Pokemon. What do y'all think?

Sorry but energy switch doesnt work that way.

"Move a basic Energy from 1 of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon" Meaning you could move grass but not plasma energy.

Though Virizion/Lugia actually seems interesting. Though it would require lysandre rather than wasting energy on Red Signal.

Ivy_Profen said:
Sorry but energy switch doesnt work that way.

"Move a basic Energy from 1 of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon" Meaning you could move grass but not plasma energy.

Though Virizion/Lugia actually seems interesting. Though it would require lysandre rather than wasting energy on Red Signal.

Aw man, that sucks, would I bother keeping lugia in the deck then? Or is their a card that can move special energy?

There are cards (Poké only I believe) that can move Special energy, like Aromatisse, but only 1 Poké (I think) that can actually move Plasma energy and that is the Dark Trance Hydreigon when the Plasma energy is attached to a Dark Aura Hydreigon.

There is VirGen deck variant that does run Lugia EX. But in today's format with lots of decks running Raichus as counters to Yveltal EX, I'd suggest standardizing your deck on the very successful VirGen with Raichu build. And if you do decide to drop the Lugia EXs, you will open up lots of deck slots.

Good idea, that is a very solid point. Electric weakness is just too big a problem now. Although, so is grass, which is why I thought running lugia genesect and raichu was a good idea. If im running up against a fire deck, I simply set up with virizion to lugia. If im running another "raichu" deck, I go genesect.

I would like to find a way to make this deck work, but it is going to be REALLY tight. would you happen to have any ideas on how to improve this idea?

TuxedoBlack said:
There are cards (Poké only I believe) that can move Special energy, like Aromatisse, but only 1 Poké (I think) that can actually move Plasma energy and that is the Dark Trance Hydreigon when the Plasma energy is attached to a Dark Aura Hydreigon.

There is VirGen deck variant that does run Lugia EX. But in today's format with lots of decks running Raichus as counters to Yveltal EX, I'd suggest standardizing your deck on the very successful VirGen with Raichu build. And if you do decide to drop the Lugia EXs, you will open up lots of deck slots.

Yeah don't worry about moving plasma energy with a 2nd step. Its not worth it. It takes up at least 3 cards and 2 turns to set up if using a rare candy. Very inconsistent unless you cut a bunch of the stuff that makes VIrGen Good. 1 Of Lugia might be worth it though. Its ability is really good and it can be used to close out a game.

Bumbleblogn said:
I would like to find a way to make this deck work, but it is going to be REALLY tight. would you happen to have any ideas on how to improve this idea?
Here are a few thoughts for you to consider:

• -1 Skyla. 2 should be sufficient IMHO. When I ran my version of VirGen with Lugia, I found 2 Skyla to be quite sufficient.
    -2 Shadow Triad. I found 2 Shadow Triad to be quite sufficient.
    -1 TP Ball. With 2 remaining TP Balls along with 3 U Balls, I believe these 5 will be quite sufficient to search and get needed Poke (excluding Pikachus and Raichus that can be searched and retrieved with the 3 L Balls).
    -2 Energy Switch. Running 2 in your deck gives you some energy attachment acceleration flexibility, as well as your opponent saying "I didn't see that coming" capability when you drop a Lugia EX, power it up completely, and KO the defending Poke for the game.

+1 Pal Pad. This Item can recover and recycle discarded Supporters.
    +1 Super Rod. You need a way to recover lost G energy and/or Poke.
    +2 Startling Megaphone. Needed to counter Garbotoxin.
    +2 N. More card drawing support.
Hopefully, these comments can help.

Back