• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Virgen w/ Bears For Cities(Virizion EX / Genesect EX / Beartic)

socery

I love being bad
Pokemon:

• 3 Virizion EX
    3 Genesect EX
    2-2 Beartic line-FRF
    1 Mr Mime-PLF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Colress
    1 Shadow Triad
    1 Lysandre
    1 Xerosic

3 Ultra Ball
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Energy Switch
    2 Switch
    1 Megaphone
    1 Tool Retriever
    2 VS Seeker
    1 Colress Machine
    1 Energy Retrieval
    1 Enhanced Hammer
    1 G Booster
Energy:

• 10 Grass Energy
    4 Plasma Energy

Strategy:
Power up Virizion, emerald slash onto benched Genesect. Bears for Pyroar/Landy.

RE: Virgen w/ Bears for cities

Nice list overall. However, I'd make a few changes:
-1 Energy Retrieval (you don't need this)
-1 Megaphone (1 is all you'll see if you don't Skyla for it)
I'm not sure about the Mime. I've never tried it, so I can't say anything about it. However in theory it doesn't seem that good, especially because cubchoo has 70HP and sniping isn't that big anymore. I would tell you to take out Lysandre cz you have Red Signal, but I also never tried it so I'll keep my mouth shut. Also, I've found Drifblim to be more useful than Beartic all-around. Both have their plusses and cons, so I think it's more of a personal choice. If you do change the Beartic line for the Drifblim line, take out the DCE for another Enhanced Hammer. Btw, one DCE isn't really gonna show up when you need it, and there's no way to search for it.
+1 Virizion EX (you want to get this guy out asap)
+1 -2 VS Seeker (2 if you take out Lysandre)

Hi socery,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Shadow Triad (one is sufficient and you can seeker for it)
- 1 Xerosic (would rather have Tool Retriever unless you expect to face a lot of item lock decks)

- 1 Megaphone (one should be sufficient)
- 1 Energy Retrival or Colress Machine (not needed that much)

- 1 Double Colorless Energy (not needed that much)

+ 1 Virizion Ex (you want to start with it)

+ 1 Tool Retriever (handles Pokémon Tool F)
+ 2 Vs Seeker (reuse supporters)

+ 1 Grass Energy (more acceleration)

Hope this provides some initial assistance and best luck at the tournament.

Dark Espeon said:
Hi socery,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Shadow Triad (one is sufficient and you can seeker for it)
- 1 Xerosic (would rather have Tool Retriever unless you expect to face a lot of item lock decks)
There is a crazy amount of item locks. I really need this.

- 1 Megaphone (one should be sufficient) Okay, I will do this but keep the Xerosic.

- 1 Energy Retrival or Colress Machine (not needed that much)
Okay, I will get rid of the Colress Machine.

- 1 Double Colorless Energy (not needed that much)I just tested this in case, but I can always get the emerald slash down.

+ 1 Virizion Ex (you want to start with it)
I don't know about you, but for me 3 Virizion works. I get it always, and if I don't I can Skyla for an ultra ball. I like the tool retriever though.

+ 1 Tool Retriever (handles Pokémon Tool F) I love this. Great idea.
+ 2 Vs Seeker (reuse supporters) Didn't have room, but now I do.

+ 1 Grass Energy (more acceleration)
I get enough grass. I don't know about your testing, again, but I just feel like I get enough. I know that the more the better, but I will probably ditch the DCE, giving me room.

Hope this provides some initial assistance and best luck at the tournament.

Thanks Espeon. So my changes are:
-1 Shadow Triad
-1 Megaphone
-1 Colress machine
-1 DCE
+1 Tool Retriever
+2 VS seeker
+1 Grass

My comments are in bold. Thanks again. I will change my list.
Also, I am also considering doing -1 Grass for +1 VS/Tool retriever.

WHO IS EDITING THESE POSTS?

RE: Virgen w/ Bears (Virizion EX / Genesect EX / Beartic)

I have tried this deck idea before with beartic. It doesn't normally work as you would want it to. If you are going to run this competitively i would suggest taking out all of the beartic and cubchoo and and add 4 Deoxys EX. Donphan you are going to see alot of. So you want the Lysandre. At the city's i attended this weekend literally half the decks there were Donphan and 2 pyroar decks out of about 40 decks. Pyroar you shouldn't be that concerned with and be more worried about Donphan. I use Lysandre and the Red Signal ability to take out Donphans with Meglo Cannon due to usually 3 Deoxys on the bench. Works for me but thats just my opinion.

bossgivol said:
I have tried this deck idea before with beartic. It doesn't normally work as you would want it to. If you are going to run this competitively i would suggest taking out all of the beartic and cubchoo and and add 4 Deoxys EX. Donphan you are going to see alot of. So you want the Lysandre. At the city's i attended this weekend literally half the decks there were Donphan and 2 pyroar decks out of about 40 decks. Pyroar you shouldn't be that concerned with and be more worried about Donphan. I use Lysandre and the Red Signal ability to take out Donphans with Meglo Cannon due to usually 3 Deoxys on the bench. Works for me but thats just my opinion.

Okay, a few thing are weird with your comment:
1) Donphan is weak to Beartic. Red signal, OHKO without a muscle band.
2) I don't want to attack with Genesect, because of reshiram scares.
3) Beartic is awesome against fighting as well.
4) I don't know where you are, so the whole Donphan-in-my-area thing doesn't work.
5) I am a senior and usually see 15-17 players at MOST.
6) Genesect autoloses to Pyroar with no Beartic, and that one loss is the difference between top cut (4-1 VS 3-2).

Anyway, thanks for your advice.

socery said:
bossgivol said:

Okay, a few thing are weird with your comment:
1) Donphan is weak to Beartic. Red signal, OHKO without a muscle band.
2) I don't want to attack with Genesect, because of reshiram scares.
3) Beartic is awesome against fighting as well.
4) I don't know where you are, so the whole Donphan-in-my-area thing doesn't work.
5) I am a senior and usually see 15-17 players at MOST.
6) Genesect autoloses to Pyroar with no Beartic, and that one loss is the difference between top cut (4-1 VS 3-2).

Anyway, thanks for your advice.

Regarding your last point. I have on countless occasions beat pyroar with nothing to counter it but G Booster and Red Signaling anything else on its bench such as Seismotoad or Charizard. But thats just my luck i guess

I would at most play 1 Deoxys. One is all you'll ever need. You hit 130 with Muscle Band and a Deoxys. (I wouldn't want to have to bench 3 just because of Bench space.) It also makes for perfect math to get those 180 HP EX's. If you Emerald Slash with Muscle Band for 70, Megalo Cannon with one Deoxys KO's things that have 180 HP. You can even OHKO M Manectric EX with G Booster for 210.

Back