Vileplume from ‘Pokemon Card 151’!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Vileplume was revealed from Pokemon Card 151! As noted before, the set will release in Japan on June 16th. We expect to it release internationally as a special set this fall.
Vileplume – Grass – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Gloom
Ability: Full Bloom Energy
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may look at the top 8 cards of your deck and attach any number of basic Energy cards you find there to your Pokémon in any way you like. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.
[G][C][C] Solar Beam: 90 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Continue reading...

I don't think Grass really needs this, especially when it takes 3 cards in a specific order to get a slightly better Electric Generator. Grass just doesn't have a terribly powercreeped attacker to make use of the genuinely good support cards it already has.

I don't think Grass really needs this, especially when it takes 3 cards in a specific order to get a slightly better Electric Generator. Grass just doesn't have a terribly powercreeped attacker to make use of the genuinely good support cards it already has.
It’s not just grass energy though right? Still I agree that it’s mediocre and there are better methods for other types

Vileplume - meh, I don't like it. Basically a 1-shot thing to get 2 energy off of Top 8 cards. 3
Hitmonchan - what's with all the lame and very bland cards? The ability is literally SVI Cacnea that saw heck no play whatsoever. 2

you dont get it guys. they are avoiding mirror effects in the format...we will receive, in 2 o 3 expansions, a charizard that locks items, supporters, burns with +20, hits for 200 with 2. why? because everything is about charizard.

always.png

Last edited:
you dont get it guys. they are avoiding mirror effects in the format...we will receive, in 2 o 3 expansions, a charizard that locks items, supporters, burns with +20, hits for 200 with 2. why? because everything is about charizard

“Show in the doll where the Charizard touched you”

and i breathe a sigh of relief that this isn't an item lock vileplume.
this game needs to do away with any kind of consistent T1 going second item lock, or any item lock on ability.

My hope is that we get a good Sceptile ex that has a good attack. It's my favorite starter and favorite Grass type Pokémon. Then the Grass support could be put to good use. I could see this Haledon because Sceptile is one the few starters that didn't get a V.

CEC Emboar is a non-holo from almost 4 years ago with the same ability, more HP, and a better attack. It didn't see much play so why make it worse?

View attachment 17621
More HP and a better attack from 4 years ago / 2 generations ago?

That is the stupid problem with 1 prizers. They sadly don’t get the same power creep that our rule box Pokémon get. Sad

Whoops! It looks like Gloom actually has a very similar/the same ability. I should have waited to see the whole line before blasting this card. Deleted my previous comment because this might make it better than Emboar CEC

Screenshot 2023-05-14 1.04.29 PM.png

what good supporter cards does grass have ? lmao gardenia is very mid

this is a great effect, as seen on togekiss in roaring skies enabling vivillon/arceus, which was one of my favorite decks EVER. So fun. If gloom has the same effect, that makes it strictly better than togekiss in every situation.

Back