• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Vilegar (Masters, for BRs)

SolemnParty

Not a Bug Catcher
Vilegar
60 Cards

Pokemon: 24
4-3-3-1 Gengar X
2-2-2 Vileplume UD
4 Spiritomb AR
2 Uxie
1 Unown Q

T/S/S: 24
3 Broken Time-Space
2 Rare Candy
1 Luxury Ball
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Looker’s Investigation
4 Professor Oak’s New Theory
3 Bebe’s Search
2 Interviewer’s Questions
2 Palmer’s Contribution

Energy: 12
5 Psychic
4 Call Energy
3 Warp Energy

The deck still needs a lot of work. I decided to tech 1-1-1 Machamp, but I might drop it depending on the meta.

I would suggest dropping the Rare Candies and Luxury Ball because you shouldn't really be using them at all in this trainer lock deck. For those cards I would suggest adding 2 Copycat's (massive draws from them during a good trainer lock) and 1 Psychic energy (chances of getting one goes up quite a lot for each one added). So in total i suggest...

-2 Rare Candy
-1 Luxury Ball

+2 Copycat
+1 Psychic Energy

The rare candies are essentially to set up another vileplume if mine gets killed, but I'll definitely consider dropping them with further testing.

My GenPlume deck doesn't run any trainers at all and seems to work pretty well.

Do you have an Uxie X?

UL Jirachi is an interesting addition.

I don't have an Uxie X I can put in here, since I only have 1 and it's in my Infernape/Garchomp deck, as that's my main deck.

Only problem with Jirachi is that since I'm not spreading like regular gengar, I'm not going to get a bunch of knockouts at once when I de-evolve all their stuff.

SolemnParty, when you use the VileGar take the Uxie LvX from the Infernape-Garchomp and put in your VileGar.. then put again the Uxie in the InferChomp when you finish to use the VileGar -.-
I can't see the problem .-.

Both of my decks end up getting used during league, since my girlfriend plays but doesn't want to buy her own stuff. I personally use Infernape/Garchomp more, so it's in that deck. When I get a second one it'll go in here, and if I choose to use it myself for battleroads I'll run it.

Considering adding either a second unown Q, or an Azelf LA. I haven't decided which is more important.

Updated the list. Still debating on what else to add. I might drop all the trainers, but I"m not sure.

my friend runs the exact same deck as you but he runs it with a 2-2 mewtwo and it works pretty good especially against sp decks

I dunno if I'd want to run 2-2 Mewtwo. I don't really run enough psychic energy to warrant it. I might run 1-1, but probably not 2-2.

I'd suggest using Cheerleader's Cheer over PONT. It puts trainers in there hand. Take out Interviews Question to add in 1-1 Slowking. Works a lot more with the deck.

Honestly... I don't see either tech working. I need the Hand Refresh from PONT + Lookers, not the draw from Cheerleader's Cheer. And 1-1 Slowking is an interesting idea, but probably not worth it.

Thats true maybe 1-1 mewtwo is good but in my vilegar deck i have been thinking about putting a 1-1 or maybe a 2-2 blaziken fb lv x as a diagla lx counter but if your don't face many dialga's in your area then i suggest u leave it as you have it

yeah but dialga's body takes away mewtwo's poke body so mwetwo would be useless against him, but like i said if u don't face maybe dialga's then i would just put in the 1-1 mewtwo lv x before the blaziken lv x

Well if you have the Slowking, Cheerleader's combo you will get cards in your hand and have your opponent draw into 30 more damage. I think you should try it, this is how I use it and it worked great.

Back