Discussion Viability of Genesect-EX

uriel serjohn m. casal

Aspiring Trainer
hi beachgoers, well ive been searching for the past few months for my main deck so ive been in a hell of making decks. Now i came up with a deck surrounding GENESECT EX and at least for me its very versatile. I just want to know your thoughts about this card. Any suggestions and Comments are welcome THANK YOU

ProZlockie

Meow? Meow.
To be clear, which Genesect-EX are you talking about? The one from Plasma Blast, or the new one from Fates Collide?

homeofmew

PokéBeach's Mathematician
Advanced Member
Here's an Idea For standard since I didn't see any expanded VerGen recently.

4 Bronzor FCO
3 Bronzong PHF
1 Bronzong BREAK
3 Genesect EX FCO
2 Aegislash EX
2 Shaymin EX (ROS)

Trainers: 32

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Lysandre
1 AZ
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
2 Battle Compressor
4 Trainers’ Mail
2 Float Stone
4 VS Seeker
2 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Muscle Band
1 Super Rod

Energy: 11

11 Metal

Idea: Discard Metal Energy with Ultra ball or compressor Metal links causing more potential damage.
Note: I have not seen this do well in competitive Standard play

Turtleatlaw

Aspiring Trainer

4 Bronzor FCO
3 Bronzong PHF
1 Bronzong BREAK
3 Genesect EX FCO
2 Aegislash EX
2 Shaymin EX (ROS)

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Lysandre
1 AZ
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
2 Battle Compressor
4 Trainers’ Mail
2 Float Stone
4 VS Seeker
2 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Muscle Band
1 Super Rod

11 Metal

Idea: Discard Metal Energy with Ultra ball or compressor Metal links causing more potential damage.

Nice list! I've tested a very similar deck on TCGO, and it worked well enough and was quite a bit of fun.
Not sure if its exactly competitive or can keep up with some of the more standard decks though.

I would recommend some Heavy Balls too, and a few more float stones. They are quite helpful to let you switch attacker in and out while Bronzongs do their thing. Not sure if Bronzong Break is really needed. Oh, and Fighting Fury Belt wasn't too helpful - with the rate you're attaching and discarding energies, Genesect should be able to one shot most things. And, for those that it can't, it can either tank the hit or it'll be knocked out anyway - I've never really had a situation where FFB would have saved the day. Usually the flexibility from Float Stone would have been better. In fact, the problems I've usually ran into is needed a float stone but not having one.

uriel serjohn m. casal

Aspiring Trainer
ive played against night march and my list didnt even have the AEGISLASH EX but i have no problem with it though i have the JIRACHI PROMO, I think it can be competitive I played with the deck list of the WATER TOOLBOX i had no problem i guess it can be competitive but the only problem that i see with this is ITEM LOCK decks and GARCHOMPS with FOCUS SASH (really annoying) haha...

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
Both Genesects are good, but I'm assuming you're talking about the metal one? It's one of the better attackers to pair with Bronzong. I like to run it with Zoroark, but I just realized that I don't need to. The ability means I only need one float stone to switch out every turn. And I can still use damage boosters like muscle band.

Also, at least 1 Bronzong BREAK is highly recommended as it's particularly effective against Night March.

Yog

Rogue
the only problem that i see with this is ITEM LOCK decks

If you have one of the FC Bronzong in the mix Trevenent is dead in the water. He can't hit your bench plus he's trying to hit your active past a resistance? It's just a waiting game. Against Vespiplume or Toad you'll be relying on Aegislash's ability. No worries with Toad since even with a Hex its not gonna OHKO you. Vespiplume is trickier, but still do-able so long as you can find the Aegislash early enough.

Add to that Bronzong Break to wallop NM and I really like this deck right now.

uriel serjohn m. casal

Aspiring Trainer

4 Bronzor FCO
3 Bronzong PHF
1 Bronzong BREAK
3 Genesect EX FCO
2 Aegislash EX
2 Shaymin EX (ROS)

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Lysandre
1 AZ
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
2 Battle Compressor
4 Trainers’ Mail
2 Float Stone
4 VS Seeker
2 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Muscle Band
1 Super Rod

11 Metal

did you saw the ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS this is good