Venusaur-EX, Charizard-EX, Blastoise-EX XY Promos [10/2]

Can they like, not have Eske Yoshinob do EX art? They're all either meh or ugly as hell like these ones. Do not want.

Wow these 3 cards got to be thebest cards I have ever seen since Generation 1. I have never seen Venusaur and Blastoise that powerful ever before. Usually Charizard is the cream of the crop. Well he is in this bunch but his attack only does 129 bout I have seen 150 on past cards. In fact I have a Charizard where his attack does 150 but it is a more recent set. Like within the last 2 years or so though.:)

Well I think most, if not all, of us called the fact that the Charizard EX would be the Fire Stoke/Blast one. It makes sense, it was the one from the actual set. Combustion Wing Charizard EX was not after all in Japan's set, it was in the theme deck but since america doesn't EX cards in theme decks it was in our set.

They're not around my neck of the woods, I went out to look for them earlier. Better luck next week I guess.

I have not seen any tins in the news unless the tins in the previous post are the same cards in the tins. I don't have a tin from the new cards yet though.:)

I can't believe this.. they actually didn't reprint the playable Charizard Ex..

so, two furious fists, a flashfire, but... Plasma Blast? Did they really think that was a good move?!?

Slowbro Master said:
Wait, so these tins are out like right now? Has anyone picked one up??

Yeah, saw a few people mention they've picked them up. It depends on where you live though. My local targets never get anything early :/

@Blui: True that.

But I have to say this Charizard looks better than its set counterpart, which looks dumb in my opinion...

Wow I really like the art on these. For some reason they seem better than the ones in the sets, but maybe that's just because they're new. The Plasma Blast pack is a little surprising, but I'm glad that it wasn't an LTR pack. Especially because Virizion has pretty much doubled in price. Also, did that say currently English only? We got something before Japan?? Cool.

Tin promos are almost always released in English before Japan gets them. If they do at all.

Warizon said:
I can't believe this.. they actually didn't reprint the playable Charizard Ex..

At least it wasn't the "Mega Ascension" Charizard, Stoke Charizard is still playable if you're going for a Mega Charizard deck (free 3 energy can really speed up a 5 energy cost).

That Charizard tin caught my eye. Made it my first purchase of Pokemon cards since Fossil was on the go! It hasn't arrived yet, however.

(I have since purchased an XY Flashfire box which arrived really quick though, felt great to open packs after so long)

Back