JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
The Venomoth and Pidgeot lines have been revealed from Pokemon Card 151! The set will release in Japan on June 16th and internationally as a special set this fall.
Venonat – Grass – HP70
Basic Pokemon
[C] Gnaw: 10 damage.
[G][C][C]: Beam: 40 damage.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Venomoth – Grass – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Venonat
[G] Distraction Powder: 30 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Confused. During your opponent’s next...

Continue reading...

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Venonat/Venomoth - pretty boring. Sure item lock, but it wasn't enough that captures my attention. Pack filler at best. 3/3

Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot - boring. 2/2/2

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Particularly enjoy when an artist commits to doing a full line of the Poke. Consistency is v pleasing and looks good in a binder

ethickid

Aspiring Trainer
That venomoth combined with suppet w/item lock, banette ex w/item lock. Thats going to be a major upset for alot decks that rely on items. I think some control decks may be happening here.

Possibly combine with muk and radiant hisuian sneasler for some poison damage. Hm

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
That venomoth combined with suppet w/item lock, banette ex w/item lock. Thats going to be a major upset for alot decks that rely on items. I think some control decks may be happening here.

Possibly combine with muk and radiant hisuian sneasler for some poison damage. Hm
Nope. Way too much

GrayAnt213

Aspiring Trainer
There better be some nice arts in this set because good lord these cards suck
Only half decent card I can think of right now is the jynx which is low teir 4 at best

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
why would i risk not doing 150? if the damage was able to hit for weakness, sure. but the choice between doing no damage or doing 150 and being immune to damage isn't very enticing, especially not for PTCGL players who will most likely get no damage for 70% of all coin flips

LightYearLiam

idk if it will be viable or not, but I love Venomoth's attack! The last Venomoth was also illustrated by Kagemaru Himeno; does she like Venomoth? If so, she has good taste.

This Venonat has the highest HP and retreat cost of any released. I wonder if the other one will be played due to the lower retreat cost. (Assuming it sees play of course... I imagine control fans will try it.)

The Pidgey line is absolutely horrible except for Pidgey having Call for Family.

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
I don't get why Venomoth is doing more than an ex.. Confusion and Item Lock for a one prize seems like too much. One energy, Stage 1, I mean, what is happening!!? 🤷‍♂️😖

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
Perfect opportunity to give wings of union some support and they ruined it
Nice thinking. I imagine it could go something like:

Pidgeotto - Ability: Any of your pokemon that has the Wings of Union attack does 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon.

Or simply Pidgeot having the Wings of Union attack that does 40x (or 30x) damage for each Wings in the discard pile with Pidgetto having an ability to Look at the top 5 cards of the deck and discard any pokemon you find there when you evolve it.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pidgeot is dog shit, zero Geodudes.