Van Gogh Pokemon TCG Promo Cards May Be Coming!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yesterday TPCi teased a special collaboration with the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. The collaboration will begin September 28th. No further details were released.
We’ve now discovered a listing showing that TPCi ordered “Van Gogh promo cards” from one of their TCG printing factories. This seems to indicate TPCi plans to release promo cards inspired by Van Gogh’s style. In the video, we see Sunflora artwork that could be teasing one of the cards. It’s also in the same aspect ratio as a Pokemon card.

Pokemon-Van-Gogh-Sunflora-300x169.png

This wouldn’t be the first time Pokemon has partnered with an art museum to release promo cards. Back in 2018, the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum held an Edvard Munch exhibition in which his famous painting The Scream was on display for the first time in Japan. To celebrate the exhibition, Pokemon...

[url="https://www.pokebeach.com/2023/09/van-gogh-pokemon-tcg-promo-cards-may-be-coming"]Continue reading...

Last edited:
You're right, let me get out my playset of Grookey on the Ball.
"I can't wait to never get these in English"
Grookey on the Ball is definitely in English. If you had said "I can't wait to never get these in the USA" then it would be a whole other thing.

This is pretty cool and glad to see they are making cards for this collab.

IF they do one based on the Mona Lisa, which Pokemon would you think would be best for the role? I'm thinking Wobbuffet myself

This is pretty cool and glad to see they are making cards for this collab.

IF they do one based on the Mona Lisa, which Pokemon would you think would be best for the role? I'm thinking Wobbuffet myself
Weird to bring the Mona Lisa up as it has nothing to do with this collab. The video suggest that it will be based around Van Gogh famous sunflower paintings, of which there are more than one. His portraits are to specific (opposed to Munchs Scream) so I can’t see these copied in anyway. Maybe some landscapes or still life that incorporate Pokémon in the end.

Yes omg finally an awesome event I can go to.
The museum is only 2 hours away from me and
I really hope they only give out the promo cards to people attending to the museum!
The article says that they released these cards in 2018, I doubt they’re still giving them away at the museum.

The Van Gogh Museum is 50 years old this year, so maybe that’s a lot to do with the timing of the collaboration

Kinda wierd we got no promos here in Norway considering Munch was Norwegian.
I agree from the perspective of the importance of the artist in Norway. Because it was a collaboration between the exhibition/museum and Pokémon I guess it was led by the museum.

Back