Van Gogh Pikachu Promo Releasing Again in February, Prices Dipping!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
We can reveal the “Pikachu with Grey Felt Hat” promo will be releasing in the Netherlands next month!
Pokemon’s official distributors have contacted local gaming stores and told them they will each get 100 copies of the promo to distribute to customers. Stores can only give the cards to customers who spend at least 30 euros on Pokemon TCG merchandise. No public announcement has been made yet. The promotion is expected to start mid-February.
The news quietly broke among private European groups over the last several hours, causing the price of the promo to dip. Some are trying to sell their stash before the price drops further. The graph below comes from the card’s listing on...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Just spent $300 and then this happens.... Dang it!!

This was already announced way back so I still don’t get why people are surprised. Every credible ptcg influencer said to just wait but people acted on fomo.

So when will TPCI be stepping up and making a company announcement saying that they'll cover the medical costs for all of the injured retailer employees in the Netherlands when all's said and done?

Normally most of the exclusive pokemon cards were american or japanese exclusive. Can we also have an exclusive card for once? Thank you
I prefer no exclusive cards, that way everyone can have access to cards based on their preference. Every countries that sells Pokémon cards should get adequate copies readily available for everyone. I don't like the idea of exclusive regional cards because that encourage scalpers and price gouging.

Last edited:
Can they not just accept that this was a horrible idea? Why do they keep beating this dead horse???
because people here who couldnt get the card still want a chance. i bought tickets to the museum before they stopped giving the card away, and by the time it was my date to go they stopped distributing it already.

because people here who couldnt get the card still want a chance. i bought tickets to the museum before they stopped giving the card away, and by the time it was my date to go they stopped distributing it already.
That isn't gunna stop scalpers from taking it first. Life's Not Fair (Like my song lol) so it doesn't matter who got it. It matters how much you would do to get it. Check out my song Life's Not Fair here btw!

I wonder how many of those shops will just keep the cards (or "sell" them to the employees)
Almost all of them. When one copy of the card is worth well over $100, why would the employees and or managers not just take them for themselves? Each store will receive upwards of $10,000 worth of Van Gogh Pikachu promos per shipment. Even if this does not happen, expect scalpers to scoop these up within 48 hours of stores getting them in. TPCI refusing to print these to demand is absolutely disgusting. They know full well the current and sustained demand for the card that has existed since these first dropped in September and should have printed more accordingly (but they haven't and probably never will).

Back