Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Are V-UNION Pokemon going to be hard to pull because their individual pieces will be scattered throughout different booster packs?
Fans have just started opening the booster packs from Japan’s 25th Anniversary Collection, which features Pikachu V-UNION. And all four pieces of Pikachu V-UNION are always grouped together in the same booster pack! This will likely be the case for the English TCG.

25th-Anniversary-Collection-Booster-Pack-99x200.png

Pikachu-V-UNION-146x200.jpg

It makes sense, too. If a little kid pulls a card like Greninja’s leg, what’s she going to think? Whereas if you pull all four together, you immediately understand the concept of putting them together. You can start playing the card right away. So far we’ve only received our V-UNION Pokemon in special collections. But it’s likely future sets will include them.
It’s also been revealed...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Well, this certainly explains why I couldn’t find any Japanese 25th Anniversary cards costed when I looked them up on eBay. :)

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
It makes sense, too. If a little kid pulls a card like Greninja’s leg, what’s she going to think? Whereas if you pull all four together, you immediately understand the concept of putting them together. You can start playing the card right away.
I get your point but I don't think "little kids" will fully understand the mechanics of V-Union even with all four pieces. Also, pulling one of the 4 cards would basically be the same as pulling a stage 2 Pokemon. You can't play it if you don't have the other parts.
I'm glad the packed them together, tho. I wonder what the pull rate will be...

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
The V-Union cards makes sense, they did this for Legend cards back in HG/SS era aswell. That being said I think they will be singles in the english set like english Legend's was I am afraid.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
The V-Union cards makes sense, they did this for Legend cards back in HG/SS era aswell. That being said I think they will be singles in the english set like english Legend's was I am afraid.
Yeah that's my thought too, that in English sets the V union cards will be separate pieces. That I think is why we got the first few V-Union cards as promos, so that players can understand the purpose before what the sets start releasing 'the really good stuff'.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I personally think that they'll just all be promos in English to make things easier. This example showing this is Pikachu, which comes as a set of promos outside of Japan.

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah that's my thought too, that in English sets the V union cards will be separate pieces. That I think is why we got the first few V-Union cards as promos, so that players can understand the purpose before what the sets start releasing 'the really good stuff'.
Do we know if we are getting more V Union cards? I’ve been out of the loop. I thought it was just going to be promos featured as V Union cards?