'V-Union Eternal Partners' in September: V-Unions for Pikachu, Charizard, and Other Starters!

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
It's already sold out.

Dang it, I was just about to pre-order! Jokes aside. I havent been able to buy cards for the past two sets because;

1. they are sold out the hour after release in stores and online
2. Some stores where I live has been closed since covid and there is no way to buy the cards
3. Importing cards is a no-go when I have to pay double, in some cases triple the price to get it into the country.

I think for my sake I will skip all this until things become stable again.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
So V-Union has nothing to do with Calyrex and is instead the Cosmic Eclipse Tag Team thing taken to its obvious conclusion. Attacks that only work or get additional effects if you played the supporter the same turn, and supporters which probably have an added effect if you control a V-Union. Maybe some ability here and there too. It's not as bad powercreep wise, but it's also not as interesting.

lapisrabbit5

Aspiring Trainer
Yippee another scalper's paradise set... Pokemon needs to stop with these 'high class' sets. The only class these recent sets have is outclassing it's budget collector and budget player base...

Ties Willems

Aspiring Trainer
Yippee another scalper's paradise set... Pokemon needs to stop with these 'high class' sets. The only class these recent sets have is outclassing it's budget collector and budget player base...
Just make sure you pre-order in time and get more then you want because they probably won't be able to fullfil all

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
E1-B333-C3-6380-4-C41-A178-014-A894-CE042.jpg

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
The good news is that this new effect isn’t gonna be a vanilla Tag Team or LEGEND effect.
The BAD news is that this is most likely our Fall Special set, which means no XY Evolutions type sets.
I won’t comment on the pre-orders, since TPCI will most certainly make additional waves.

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
You know, I don't understand it. Another set with Charizard. UGHHHHHH. It's a cool Pokemon, but give him a darn break, and give the other starters more love. Charizard has had enough spotlight. Also, what's the deal with "scalping"? Can someone give me some sort of explanation?

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Is that... Ch-Charizard... from... KANTOOOOO?
It's been a whole 3 minutes since Charizard has had a card oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh this is so exciting that my soy gullet others call jaws gained the ability to dislocate another 3 millimeters

You know, I don't understand it. Another set with Charizard. UGHHHHHH. It's a cool Pokemon, but give him a darn break, and give the other starters more love. Charizard has had enough spotlight. Also, what's the deal with "scalping"? Can someone give me some sort of explanation?
Um, Charizard is one of 25 starter Pokémon being included in the set. They are ALL SHARING THE SPOTLIGHT. Charizard is only the spotlight Pokémon if you make it, so if you truly don’t want Charizard to be the spotlight Pokémon, perhaps you should start acting joyful at the thought of your favorite starter Pokémon finally getting a really cool V/VMAX/V-Union. For instance: “Can you believe it? Torterra is getting its first card since Forbidden Light and its first Ultra Rare since the Diamond and Pearl Base Set! Not just one, either. Two of them! Can you believe it?”
Besides, it would have been strange for Charizard to be the only fully evolved starter without representation.
P.S. Torterra LV.X also appeared as a tin Promo, but that appearance was licking the heels of the original LV.X.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Huh...that's interesting. The thing with the Pokémon that had extra stuff happen if you used given supporters was already an interesting concept, I guess they could come up with some very original stuff if they manage to properly expand the idea. And it baffles me how people were still actually believing this would be just Tag Teams but with the letter V instead of GX.

Wwo

Aspiring Trainer
Does this mean, the N reprint is doomed, if they print N/Zekrom Union? Dang

Chestnaught and Primarina fans should be ESPECIALLY happy. Those Pokémon barely appeared at all in their own generation and haven’t been seen since.