Uri Geller Hints Kadabra Returning to the TCG in Upcoming Set!

hucksters don't deserve praise for doing the bare fudging minimum when it comes to the right thing. did the space aliens who sent him here convince him to do it? I wish I was kidding, he claims to be an alien emissary.

cool read though.

[BDS, while we're at it.]

EDIT: i fkn forgot, he tried to use telepathy to stop brexit!!!! any ridicule is fully deserved.
He used telepathy to attempt to stop Brexit? Phenomenal, I should give him a sticker for effort. I hope his fellow ET buddies don't invade, I rather die than be a part of the anal probe experiment.

This isn't really the forum to discuss the rest of his career. As far as TCG fans are concnerned, he's agreed to end litigation and since none of us were personally traumatized for lack of Kadabra in the Pokémon TCG, there's no need to hold a lifetime grudge.
I spent two years in a mental institution. After thorough evaluation, the right combination of treatment, and the repetitive "there is a lot to live for" I was happy again.

yeah honestly, kadabra has literally nothing going on other than being a uri geller reference. if uri geller didn't sue them, kadabra would be in the tier that gen 1 mons like dewgong and venomoth have been in for years
dewgong-mad.gif

I hope there aren't many toxic comments in response to this. He owed up to his mistake and acknowledged it was stupid. If we're going to just kick down people who admit they're wrong, then we really aren't any better than them.

Saying that, Kadabra ex when Pokemon plz
I mean it's incredible that a grown adult took offense to a children's game so much that he needed to sue them for everything(including other courts in the world like the article mentioned). It's not a mistake, it's a desperate attempt to get as much money for his poor choice of a career.

Plenty of people dislike Uri Geller for reasons unrelated to the Kadabra situation, he's always been a fraud and a jerk regardless.
As I implied in a follow up to page 1, is this the best forum to discuss this? If you really have such low regard for the guy, then you should suggest to Nintendo/TPC they reject his goodwill gesture and wait until he has passed away to ever reprint a Kadabra card. Many of you are acting immaturely – as if he personally attacked you and you need to make sure everyone knows how irredeemable he is.

Mans got a whole ass plaque made dedicated to his heroic decision to allow cardboard with a very loose parody of him on it be printed lmao. I guess the publicity stunt is working though, since we're all talking about him.

As I implied in a follow up to page 1, is this the best forum to discuss this? If you really have such low regard for the guy, then you should suggest to Nintendo/TPC they reject his goodwill gesture and wait until he has passed away to ever reprint a Kadabra card. Many of you are acting immaturely – as if he personally attacked you and you need to make sure everyone knows how irredeemable he is.
People comment their opinion on current events in a comment section, wow, how absurd. They should all definitely be keeping their opinions to themselves.

Mans got a whole ass plaque made dedicated to his heroic decision to allow cardboard with a very loose parody of him

Kadabra is as close to being named Uri Geller in Japanese as it can be without it being the man's literal name. I guess my hot take will always be that whether Uri Geller is a fraud or not, he had the right to be cranky over a Pokemon card that was called "Evil Uri Geller."

From all of these replies I've seen so far, it would be nice if we just stop bashing Uri Geller and be THANKFUL that he gave Pokémon permission to produce Kadabra cards again. I've been fighting for a Kadabra card to be released on Change.org for at least four years so far. And all the negative remarks about Uri Geller on here might reverse the good that's been done so far. Since 2018 (or 2019), I was able to prove that Yungerer was Japanese for (quite literally) Kadabra. I even went as far as tagging Uri Geller in a series of tweets to my petition on Twitter just to get Kadabra back into the Trading Card Game. Four year battle this has been for me so far, and so far so good. Let's not ruin it with pessimism of Uri Geller, and show optimism for Kadabra.

From all of these replies I've seen so far, it would be nice if we just stop bashing Uri Geller and be THANKFUL that he gave Pokémon permission to produce Kadabra cards again. I've been fighting for a Kadabra card to be released on Change.org for at least four years so far. And all the negative remarks about Uri Geller on here might reverse the good that's been done so far. Since 2018 (or 2019), I was able to prove that Yungerer was Japanese for (quite literally) Kadabra. I even went as far as tagging Uri Geller in a series of tweets to my petition on Twitter just to get Kadabra back into the Trading Card Game. Four year battle this has been for me so far, and so far so good. Let's not ruin it with pessimism of Uri Geller, and show optimism for Kadabra.
Nintendo should've renamed Yungerer, remove the spoon and replace it with a wand and remove the three lightning on the belly. They chose not to do that, so I blame Nintendo. Either way, Kadabra is ancient history for me.

Kadabra is as close to being named Uri Geller in Japanese as it can be without it being the man's literal name. I guess my hot take will always be that whether Uri Geller is a fraud or not, he had the right to be cranky over a Pokemon card that was called "Evil Uri Geller."
Well said, he does have that right.

People comment their opinion on current events in a comment section, wow, how absurd. They should all definitely be keeping their opinions to themselves.
if yuri geller had no case to make here, they wouldn't have had to keep kadabra out of the tcg for as long as they did. this only ended because he had a change of heart, and given the reaction some of you are having here – i wouldn't have blamed him if he had never ended the threat of a suit if only out of spite. good on him for being the bigger man, and the more some of you whinge about all this, the more laudable it is for him to have taken the high road here.

Last edited:
Never realised there was an issue with kadabra. Honestly, thought the japanese would be smart enough not to quote real peoples' names (those still living, at least) when making pokemons. Kinda screwed themselves over there..

Back